closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Aftermarket Bracelets for Rolex

Aftermarket Bracelets for Rolex

Hello,

I'm wondering if there are any recommended aftermarket steel bracelets suitable for an Explorer II? I've got one with with slack in the original bracelet and I'd rather let the daily wear strain an aftermarket piece than the original. I'm not looking for a £20 ebay job (unless they are good!), I'd prefer something that's more inclined to stay screwed together considering what it's attached to.

I’ve got my 16710 on a £40 eBay sourced jubilee. It’s well built with solid links and end links.

It hasn’t got the coronet or fancy deployant but is perfectly up to the job.

It’s adequate rather than superlative bug it didn’t cost £900!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I’ve got my 16710 on a £40 eBay sourced jubilee. It’s well built with solid links and end links.

It hasn’t got the coronet or fancy deployant but is perfectly up to the job.

It’s adequate rather than superlative bug it didn’t cost £900!
    Well that certainly sounds positive!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I looked at this and in the end bought a new one from Rolex for £1000. It’s a lot but it’s like getting a new watch.

If you wear it a lot and it’s a keeper it’s worth it.

While some bracelets are totally integral to the design of a watch, I wouldn't consider spending OEM prices on a leather strap, so I don't see anything inherently 'wrong' with an aftermarket bracelet for a brand name watch, provided you like the style.

I'm pretty sure there are aftermarket bracelets which are, at least, the match for anything the big brands stick on their watches and add a nought to for their logo on the clasp.

I've got an Alpha bracelet for my Speedmaster - I presume it's not up to the quality of an Omega one, but it cost me £25. That said, I far prefer my Speedmaster on a leather strap anyway, so it's rarely been on the bracelet.

If you are thinking of selling the Rolex sometime, though, a new Rolex bracelet might be a sensible investment.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug86 View Post
    Hello,

I'm wondering if there are any recommended aftermarket steel bracelets suitable for an Explorer II? I've got one with with slack in the original bracelet and I'd rather let the daily wear strain an aftermarket piece than the original. I'm not looking for a £20 ebay job (unless they are good!), I'd prefer something that's more inclined to stay screwed together considering what it's attached to.

There are a few chaps that claim they can tighten Rolex bracelets. However no one does it better than Michael Young in Hong Hong. I was apprehensive in sending him mine but it came back like new.

Master
    I asked a very similar question a while ago: here. I've put a cheapo eBay jubilee on mine for now - and it's absolutely fine. I will buy a better one when I get round to it.

Master
    Would the Ginault bracelet fit? If so, I'd recommend it without hesitation - the quality is exceptional and it has a glidelock clasp.

Why not get it repinned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mylofitz View Post
    There are a few chaps that claim they can tighten Rolex bracelets. However no one does it better than Michael Young in Hong Hong. I was apprehensive in sending him mine but it came back like new.
    Ill be sorting a GMT bracelet I just bought,just sorting the tool needed to remove the links,then to cousins for the knurled pins and screw pins to put back together.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Ill be sorting a GMT bracelet I just bought,just sorting the tool needed to remove the links,then to cousins for the knurled pins and screw pins to put back together.
    I’d be interested to see the tool / process to dismantle a bracelet.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by mylofitz View Post
    Plus one.

I've now sent 4 bracelets to Micheal Young with great results, including a bi gold Yachtmaster bracelet that they welded new gold into to repair.

http://www.classicwatchrepair.com/

I wear my 1680 Red Sub on a aftermarket StrapCode bracelet