Evening all. Where I live there are loads of recreational cyclists and the area seems to be well known for cycling enthusiasts. I am not knocking cycling as it has health benefits etc. Far from it. That being said I would welcome some thoughts on the following;

1. What is the etiquette for a cyclist when overtaking a car (i.e. in traffic, at lights etc etc). Do they go to the left or the right? I frequently encounter them going left AND right to the extent that it becomes a bit of an obstacle course to avoid hitting them as they will be either side of the car and then when the (for example) lights go green and the car accelerates again you have to be super careful about what cyclists are on each side of the car

2. Cyclists riding parallel to each other on single carriageways. Particularly the road from Kingston towards Hampton Court Palace. You will get cyclists riding alongside each other meaning to overtake them (it is a 40 MPH road) you have to enter the opposite lane. What's the ruling on this?

3. Traffic lights. Cyclists I see on the road typically stop at a red light but I have noticed when at a red if the road is clear some will go through it (you can't do this in a car). What's the ruling on this? I assume the same rules that apply to a motor vehicle apply to a cycle?

4. Cycles on bottleneck roads. For example there are a couple of railway bridges near me which are single lane and use traffic lights to allow alternative directions of traffic flow. I've noticed cyclists will typically go to the front of the queue when the lights are red, then when they go green will pull out in front of the cars and then cycle extremely slowly over the bridge (it is a steep up and down) and this slow speed impacts all the cars behind and means fewer can get across before the lights go red again. Immediately adjacent to this single lane across the bridge is a pedestrian footpath. Would it be better for the cyclist to walk their bike across the bridge on the footpath and re-enter the road on the other side of the bridge in order to avoid creating traffic congestion behind them?

Would welcome feedback on what the actual rules are please