closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Wireless Multi Charger

Master

Wireless Multi Charger

Good morning everyone.

So this year HQNI is getting an Apple watch 6 and as an extra surprise the airpod pros for Xmas.
    Already has the XR so I'd like to get her a wireless multi charger so everything is kept together when charging. It's alot neater for a start.
    Has anyone any recommendations. I've had a look on Amazon etc and there's quite alot to choose from so would rather purchase one that's tried and tested so to speak.
    Many thanks!

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    This is the one I bought for the home office but as you say there are so many to choose from.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B08...b_b_asin_title

Stores my AirPod Pros, iPhone XS Max and Apple Watch perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Was looking at that one mate. Very tidy looking and well priced. Things charge pretty quick on it?

Craftsman
    Yes although I bought one of these QC3 plugs to go with it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Charg...ee+plug&sr=8-5

Quote Originally Posted by sniper-sam View Post
    Was looking at that one mate. Very tidy looking and well priced. Things charge pretty quick on it?

Take a look at the third picture. It will supply 7.5 W if used with a proper wall adapter (ie QC supplying 9 V ) so not the fastest charger out there, especially when charging 3 devices. That's probably not an issue overnight, but if you want a quick charge during the day owing to heavy use then other options may be better. Apple chargers will supply more power..charge faster...again depending upon the power supply

Master
    Ah yes I have several Anker products, including a couple of plugs. Love their charging leads.
    Thanks for the info mate.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Take a look at the third picture. It will supply 7.5 W if used with a proper wall adapter (ie QC supplying 9 V ) so not the fastest charger out there, especially when charging 3 devices. That's probably not an issue overnight, but if you want a quick charge during the day owing to heavy use then other options may be better. Apple chargers will supply more power..charge faster...again depending upon the power supply
    Yeah thanks for that. Everything would generally be charged at night. She puts her watch on charge everynight at one side of the bedroom, and phone on charge next to her. Once the Airpods are being used then frig knows where they will be going overnight would be perfectly fine.

Ah yes I have several Anker products, including a couple of plugs. Love their charging leads.

As above, look at their labels for the output spec. 2A at 5 V is 10 W...and that's good, but not the best. Later products will supply both 5 V and 9V and that's what you're looking for in order to get the best out of quick charging.

Edit Just seen your last post...10 W will work well overnight, as will 7.5 W as per the suggestion in the second post.

Craftsman
    Agreed if I’m looking to charge the iPhone quickly then I’ll use a 20w USB-C Apple charger and USB-C to lightening cable. 50% in 30 mins easy.

Master
    Thanks folks that's help me out alot.

The Anker products are superb and great value for money

The FT reviewed this a weeks back.

https://www.ft.com/content/86687abf-...7-49927ebad8d0
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    That's a nice looking unit. Not sure why they really emphasis the vertical charging position as pretty much all wireless docks charge this way. Well at least I've had 3 over recent years and they have all charged my phone this way.

I have one of the upright Anker iPhone wireless chargers and they are excellent, it didn't come with a plug but one from an iPad seems to deliver enough V's.
    So handy as a stand and charger, notifications come up and you can read them while working at the desk.
    Never understood why most of the wireless chargers are flat, hockey puck style

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by vulcangascompany View Post
    I have one of the upright Anker iPhone wireless chargers and they are excellent, it didn't come with a plug but one from an iPad seems to deliver enough V's.
    So handy as a stand and charger, notifications come up and you can read them while working at the desk.
    Never understood why most of the wireless chargers are flat, hockey puck style
    I've had 3 and none of them have been flat. They all had the capability to go flat though.

Flat makes sense on bedside table, kitchen worktop etc where phone not being used.

How about one of these from Studio Neat?

https://www.studioneat.com/products/dock

I have the original version without the Qi charger.