closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any love for Lorier?

Journeyman

Any love for Lorier?

New watch soon to be released.

https://www.lorierwatches.com/produc...ion-black-gilt

Personally love the colours and dimensions. Not so keen on the price and the date window at 6.

Never really see them mentioned on here - just wondered what peoples thoughts were on the brand?

Its nice enough but the whole industry seems to revolve around "me too" homages to other watches - so not something I'd buy...

Journeyman
    I personally own a Neptune V2 and the quality of construction is impeccable.
    The bracelet specifically is very very good and look amazing.
    I have a total opposite opinion about the placement of the date window, I absolutely love the placement at 6 o’clock because of the perfect symmetry.
    The watch look beautiful on pictures and given my experience with the Neptune I’m confident it will to in the metal.
    As for the price, not sure because I’m not familiar with the movement used.
    That don’t seems to be crazy expensive for a well constructed/finished gmt watch.

Journeyman
    I was actually on the waiting list for a Neptune V3, love the bracelet and the vintage style while still being its own thing, ie. Not a direct homage to other vintage watches. Decided not to pull the trigger as really it was to scratch that BB58 itch but I think it's better to hold out and get the one you really want.

Also, don't forget about import tax which will add a decent chunk of change on top of the purchase price.

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    Its nice enough but the whole industry seems to revolve around "me too" homages to other watches - so not something I'd buy...
    Agree with this, it looks like a lot of others. Don’t know anything about the brand though.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    I like alot of Loriers watches, specifically the new Hydra 2, their choice of the vintage sizing is a real plus and the fact its a micro brand you can actually buy rather than permanently out of stock limited releases!

Do find it out both Lorier and Baltic released gmts more or less at same time.

Journeyman
    Have seen a few reviews for their other watches and build quality does seem to be very good.

Can definitely see that the design is influenced by other watches but like the fact that it is not a direct homage

I think that they’re nice looking watches, if a little derivative (which I realise is intentional). By the time you account for shipping, duty and taxes, you’re looking at £600-650 for a myota 9 series powered-, hesalite topped-, Chinese manufactured- microbrand watch and to me the value proposition doesn’t stack up, despite how good the build quality supposedly is.

I’d be tempted by a used one at half that price but they seem to stem almost exclusively from the states which brings about the problems above.

Craftsman
    I managed to grab one of the new Hyperion, on paper if sounds like the BB58 sized GMT that many have been screaming for, I will post impressions when it arrives.

Have previously owned their Gemini chronograph limited edition, was very pleased with the build quality (bracelet especially) and vintage touches I did move it on after a few months and I couldn't pair that bright blue dial in most situations though. I am looking forward to the tones of the Hyperion, will share photos when it lands.

Personally I have always been put off because I think they have managed to make their H and M "broadarrow" handset curiously ugly.
    Otherwise I applaud their vintage-themed originality. They haven't just aped someone else's watch, they have combined features in order to make their own.
    But no thanks
    Dave

Apprentice
    I did get a Falcon 2. Wears very well and quality is undeniable. Acrylic crystal is beautiful and the bracelet is very nice and very comfortable. One thing I didn't like was the markers. Markers for 12,3,6,9 which are all the same size and the top piece of the dial is a a bit busy with both the Lorier name and logo stacked beneath the top marker, legibility suffers in IMHO. In the end I simply couldn't ignore that and sold it.
    Last edited by Bowe; 23rd November 2020 at 16:35.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Willo View Post
    New watch soon to be released.

https://www.lorierwatches.com/produc...ion-black-gilt

Personally love the colours and dimensions. Not so keen on the price and the date window at 6.

Never really see them mentioned on here - just wondered what peoples thoughts were on the brand?
    Never heard of them before your post. Had a look at their soon to be offering. Not really impressed by it...

Craftsman
    Never had one, there new gmt model certainly looks interesting though.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

I've got a Neptune V2 that I'm very happy with. If I was more solvent at the moment I'd have picked up a Neptune V3. Build quality is very good, particularly the bracelet, and I like that it's clearly vintage inspired without being a homage to anything in particular.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by minskii View Post
    I managed to grab one of the new Hyperion, on paper if sounds like the BB58 sized GMT that many have been screaming for, I will post impressions when it arrives.

Have previously owned their Gemini chronograph limited edition, was very pleased with the build quality (bracelet especially) and vintage touches I did move it on after a few months and I couldn't pair that bright blue dial in most situations though. I am looking forward to the tones of the Hyperion, will share photos when it lands.

Agree on the BB58 GMT - colours seem very similar.

Did you go for the Silver or Gilt?

Journeyman
    For those who have owned - did you buy it directly from Lorier? If so how much was the import charges? Read that some can slip through the net

Craftsman
    Agree on the BB58 GMT - colours seem very similar.

Did you go for the Silver or Gilt?
    Gilt for me, should be here tomorrow!!

For those who have owned - did you buy it directly from Lorier? If so how much was the import charges? Read that some can slip through the net
    Taxes were due on the chrono i picked up earlier this year, think its was around £90 if i remember correctly.

Craftsman
    Just had the FedEX bill through for the Hyperion, £134.34

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by minskii View Post
    Just had the FedEX bill through for the Hyperion, £134.34
    Make sure you take lots of pictures when it arrives!

Craftsman

A quick pic for now, overall very pleased with it! The colours on are much more my style compared to the Gemini I posted earlier and I love the bezel which really does have a lot of vintage charm. Movement is supposedly accurate to +-10s/day will see how true that is over the next few days. The case and bracelet are very comfortable and it feels thinner than my BB58 on the wrist.

Master
    Very tempted by the Hyperion! It looks great, and the dimensions are very tempting for my skinny wrists.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

I have a Neptune V2 that I bought in 2019. It's a lovely watch, looks great on Nato as well. The glass does scratch quite easily however:)