closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ming 19.05

Master

Ming 19.05

I know there are a few Ming owners here, anyone submitted the form to order this and managed to get an allocation ? The case back is gorgeous !

Pretty much same as the 1902 caseback wise. It manages to achieve a different look to the other 19 series watches, but I prefer the gradient dials of the older watches. Makes them more distinct and interesting.

What I find odd - the 1901 and 1902 were available as production series and were not sold out until Ming decided not to make more. Make something limited and they fly within minutes. I guess more recognition means people now willing to pay the higher end (fully justified, they are significantly better watches).

Master
    The blurb said these have the same graduated view going on albeit it less obvious than the previous versions, however none of the launch pics managed to show that off & the dial looked completely opaque. I really like this one, but not £9k like.

Master
    Way prefer my 19.02.

This did, however, prompt me to order the bracelet for it!

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    The blurb said these have the same graduated view going on albeit it less obvious than the previous versions, however none of the launch pics managed to show that off & the dial looked completely opaque. I really like this one, but not £9k like.
    The high cost is because of the hand finishing of the movement. Swiss elves cost $$$$!!!

On the dial - it's the same printing process, but I don't think it's a graduated view, it's an opaque dial according to monochrome - https://monochrome-watches.com/ming-...the-19-series/

Master
    Can’t remember the price of it but the 19.02 dial is a thing of beauty. Not sure where this one sits, while the case back is gorgeous I’m not quite sure about the price tag. At 3-5k it would have been tempting but I guess if they’re only making 15 then they can charge 10k a piece

Quote Originally Posted by ddm27 View Post
    Way prefer my 19.02.

This did, however, prompt me to order the bracelet for it!

Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    Can’t remember the price of it but the 19.02 dial is a thing of beauty. Not sure where this one sits, while the case back is gorgeous I’m not quite sure about the price tag. At 3-5k it would have been tempting but I guess if they’re only making 15 then they can charge 10k a piece
    1902 was close to the price of this release - the WT complication, plus same hand finishing makes up the price.

I’ll stress again on the cost of hand finishing - Swiss labour is not cheap. There are not many watch brands offering with a degree of hand finishing under 10k. The few I know are more tiny independents and small runs.

I did ask about having hand finishing on my 1901. Just not worth it (especially as a one off). Worth having? If included definitely noticeable over a full machine finished movement. Probably not far from Geneva Seal finishing. But still levels below say ALS. But again, different price brackets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk