closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Double Big Mac

Double Big Mac

Anyone tried one, I wonder?

https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/p...e-big-mac.html

I had one of the double Quarter Pounders earlier this year and I was sweating for about an hour afterwards.

This looks impossible to eat without a saw or a snake-like jaw.

Master
    If it's anything like the usual Mcdonalds advertising the actual product will be half the height of that🙄 Can't stand Mcdonalds food, bloody awful🤮

Used to have their breakfast bun once a year - on the way to Heysham for the TT (4 times in all)

Other than that - not had one for around 20yrs

Also tried the double quarter pounder years ago, made me feel ill. Don't touch them now apart from the odd coffee.
    Double big mac? No thanks. Wonder if they'll do a 'f*ck off filet o fish' with a full fat fish, head and all.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Master
    It has the same problem as any double(or triple) burger that is based on some basic burger.
    They only add more meat so the balance of the taste will be off.
    Normal Quarter Pounder tastes better than Double QP, because Double is just too meaty.

Craftsman
    Each to their own but I don't understand how people can eat that stuff. I know at 51 im not their target but my teenage children imply the same.

And now I see they are doing something that you can pour gravy on , out of a plastic container which in the next media breath they will say they are reducing the waste in the company ??

for the older of us here

I miss this filth....the McRib....which apparently is still on the menu in Germany ???
    https://www.mcdonalds.com/de/de-de/p...ib-200022.html
    Last edited by TKH; 19th November 2020 at 13:44.

I consider Big Macs, Whoppers, KFC etc as industrial by products that have been processed to make them edible, even though your body isn't really designed to digest the fructose corn syrup, sodium, grease and trans fats contained in these types of "food".

Having said that I haven't always felt this way and decades ago I used to eat a Big Mac now and again when out on the road, I couldn't imagine eating a double one though!

When ever I have tried a McDonald they seem too upset my stomach and there fries if not really hot are really awful.

Craftsman
    Working on my travels last week I went in to a Mcdonalds and tried their chicken wrap. Was pleasantly surprised

Master
    I love a McDonalds breakfast but I have to go long periods between them so the memory of the taste can begin to outweigh the memory of the gastrointestinal horror eating one engenders.
    To look at me you'd think I lived on junk food but in truth I loathe it - KFC gives me palpitations, McD's gives me galloping gut rot and the once shining beacon (comparatively) that was Burger King now tastes like compacted sawdust and cardboard. Nowadays I'll wait until I get home or find a M&S for a sandwich or something.

Well i'm going to buck the trend. don't have McD's very often at all, couple of times a year. But i can quite easily demolish a double QP or Big Tasty, so i see that double BigMac as being no issue at all. As said, it wont be anything like that tall in the real world.

I only eat there when I’m lucky enough to find discount codes on used receipts in the bin. Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Used to have their breakfast bun once a year - on the way to Heysham for the TT (4 times in all)
    Other than that - not had one for around 20yrs
    Yuk! had one of those once when I was on a course with Yamaha in Warrington.
    I arrived early so went to McDonalds.
    I was ill the whole day and right out of it. Dodgy egg 🥚 I think.

McDonalds, like most things, are OK in moderation. I have one maybe 4 times a year, the trick is to ask for a special (i.e. “no pickle”) so they have to make it to order and it actually turns up hot-ish rather than lukewarm. Then of course there’s the molten lava that is their apple pie for afters.. ;)

Cheers,

Plug

Quote Originally Posted by vortgern View Post
    I only eat there when I’m lucky enough to find discount codes on used receipts in the bin. Anyone else?
    Or cut the coupons out of the Metro/Evening Standard for a £1.99 meal.

I'm not massively opposed to McDonald's but I rarely eat one because I can always think of more preferable things to eat. Likewise, I rarely do take-away or uber eats either because there are a lot of quick meals I'd rather eat including a supermarket microwave meal. Fast food does nothing for me and I'd rather eat beans-on-toast. The cost is utterly ridiculous too when you factor in delivery for something like uber eats.

If your NHS, armed services or police you get a free coffee if you show ID. The coffee's passable, apparently.

one of those, large fry's and a pink shake would be wonderful, I've been on a diet all year and haven't eaten anything naughty

The only thing i like is the secret tangy dressing sauce. There are online copy cat recipies and "staff leaks" but never the same it seems

Lampoc will be pleased to see more queues at McDs

Quote Originally Posted by Tony-GB View Post
    If your NHS, armed services or police you get a free coffee if you show ID. The coffee's passable, apparently.
    In my previous experience of showing armed forces ID at McDonalds to get a discount, it’s just not worth it. Look of utter confusion, calling over the manager etc. I’d have rather paid the full price than the wait and the drawing of attention to be honest.

Its a bit like free tube travel for armed forces...in uniform. No chance.

For decades I have occasionally ordered a Big Mac with two quarter pounder patties. I love the Big Mac flavor, but sometimes just want more meat! Delicious.

Should be called "McSh!ts"

Craftsman
    Wow, I love McD's had them all over the world and they taste the same. Brilliant. My norm is large bigmac meal with coke and 9 nuggets. Damn you Covids. .. Have to share the nuggets though.

Craftsman
    Big fan of Mc Donald’s.
    If you get your receipt validated with the food for thoughts promotion.

Then a Big Mac and fries are only £1.99.
    That’s about a third of the price of fish and chips.

I once took my mother with my kids to Mcdonalds & they thought it was hilarious when my mum complained that she had no plate or cutlery , stupid old people.

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    The only thing i like is the secret tangy dressing sauce. There are online copy cat recipies and "staff leaks" but never the same it seems
    Have to agree - there's nothing quite like it. The triple-thick chocolate milk shakes, although usually too cold, are also excellent.

It's a guilty treat for me once or twice a year.

Blog Entries
    I love Big Macs - though I don't indulge very often, perhaps once every couple of months or so. The McD's barbeque sauce is one of the best IMHO.

As a poster above mentioned already, I think that a double Big Mac may upset the meat/bread/sauce proportions and make it too meaty - though I'm sure that some may argue that you can never be too "meaty".

No idea what is in Big Macs that kills bacteria but whenever I would get the sh*ts in Asia I'd have 2 Big Macs and that would seem to help massively in slowing things down!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Wish I had a double Big Mac in front of me right now.

Master
    Caught running around with work late last night so ended up in McDonald’s drive through as a last resort and had a double big Mac it just makes it the size it should be imo it was ok but I’ve had my fix for a few months now.

I'll be trying a Double Big Mac next week, the Grande was just a bit too much Big Mac for me. My usual go to burgers are the aforementioned, Quarter Pounder and currently the Triple Cheeseburger.

As an employee of almost 14 years service, I still enjoy the food for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by vortgern View Post
    I wait until they are posted on Sales Corner.

Master
    I can’t wait for one. It’s my guilty pleasure.

That said, have not had one for over a year as trying to lose weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My biggest gripe with McDs is the pathetic paper straws they give to try to drink the milk shakes with. A third down and it’s a useless soggy mushy mess and all but impossible

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    What seems a long time ago And was selling cheese on farmers markets.
    Whenever nature called, credit where is due, McD was the best.
    We called it a McShit
    If the bouncer or whoever else questioned our using the facilities we would say we would order after.
    It became a McShit, with lies.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    For decades I have occasionally ordered a Big Mac with two quarter pounder patties. I love the Big Mac flavor, but sometimes just want more meat! Delicious.
    I used to work in McDs when a student, and used to make my “break” Big Mac like this.

Other top tip is to ask for “real onions” on your Big Mac, only quarterpounders use real onions.
    Ham/cheeseburger and big Mac’s use dehydrated onions which are disgusting.

Whilst loads of people hate McDs their food safety was excellent as was their training. I’ve been a Dr for 20yrs, and over the last decade have seen medical training aligning much more closely to the training I used to get at McDs 1/4 of a century ago to get the little stars on my badge!

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    They didn't like it when the universal nickname for a crap, low paid job - was called a "McJob"

I think they even attempted legal action on that one.

Their "Worms" denial did them more harm than good, too.

If you are interested in the American fast food industry, its history, and evolution - together with some scary sh*t about their meat industry:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fast-Food-N...s%2C183&sr=8-1

Way back when it was published - I used to tell people: "Buy it and read it. if you don't enjoy it, I'll refund you".

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    My biggest gripe with McDs is the pathetic paper straws they give to try to drink the milk shakes with. A third down and it’s a useless soggy mushy mess and all but impossible
    Thanks, Greta!

Sorry but I just couldn’t stomach a McDonalds, I’d rather fashion my own using quality beef from my Butcher seasoned with fresh Rosemary and Thyme from the garden and cooked on the barbecue. To me this is a proper burger: -

I don’t mind them at all, they are quick and easy and taste ok. I’ll no doubt try a double Mac at some point, the triple cheeseburger is a pretty good snack 😁
    Mind you, a fully loaded Five Guys burger is awesome.

After cooking all week my lad fancied a McDonald’s tonight, I opted for the mega Mac if that’s what you call it, it was okay but not what I would call a big burger, big for McDonald’s I suppose but I could have smashed two of them down no problem..

Quote Originally Posted by yumma View Post
    Sorry but I just couldn’t stomach a McDonalds, I’d rather fashion my own using quality beef from my Butcher seasoned with fresh Rosemary and Thyme from the garden and cooked on the barbecue. To me this is a proper burger: -
    I find that other people tend to bump into the bbq as they cross the street.

Quote Originally Posted by yumma View Post

That looks awful .... I'd take a Big Mac over that every time.

When we go on long family car journeys we usually stop in services with MickyDs as the 3 kids still like happy meals. Kids are all under 10.

Missus and myself normally get 1 big mac meal each and as I say kids get a happy meal each.

Its utterly depressing to see the amount of waste cardboard and plastic that results from that transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeThoughts View Post

Its utterly depressing to see the amount of waste cardboard and plastic that results from that transaction.
    There’s very little plastic now and the cardboard is taken away to be recycled.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
    That looks awful .... I'd take a Big Mac over that every time.
    Hahaha! Okay.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    If it's anything like the usual Mcdonalds advertising the actual product will be half the height of that Can't stand Mcdonalds food, bloody awful冷
    The film falling down springs to mind.

Apprentice
    It’s on my ‘to do ‘ list