closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Black Friday 2020

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Over the moon with this! Landed the Ltd Edition Seiko SPB149J1 (sold out everywhere in UK) and got 20% off!
    Cracking catch Ryan. On the off chance you fail to bond with it and if I can be bold, please let me know. I was meant to have one inbound to join my LE Willard but the dealer has now confirmed that they were a few pieces short on their supposed allocation.

Quote Originally Posted by RLE View Post
    Cracking catch Ryan. On the off chance you fail to bond with it and if I can be bold, please let me know. I was meant to have one inbound to join my LE Willard but the dealer has now confirmed that they were a few pieces short on their supposed allocation.
    Sure thing. I wasnt even sure I wanted it but at that price I figured it would be risk free.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Some deals up with Windsor Bishop here... https://www.winsorbishop.co.uk/black-friday/

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post
    Some deals up with Windsor Bishop here... https://www.winsorbishop.co.uk/black-friday/
    Good price on that Avneger chronograph

Marathon are selling watches and their other items up 50% off. You will be buying direct from Canada so subject to VAT and charges but the prices are much cheaper then can be had in the UK currently.

Master
    Francis & Gaye doing the metal G Shock with a healthy discount;

https://www.francisandgaye.co.uk/cas...kaAuWnEALw_wcB

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    My guess is it's a battered display piece.
    Talking of Burrells sae items, I briefly had this on my wrist, but have just returned it because of exactly this reason. Sold as new, and I even checked when I spoke to them that it was in new condition. Sadly didn’t turn out to be the case.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Talking of Burrells sae items, I briefly had this on my wrist, but have just returned it because of exactly this reason. Sold as new, and I even checked when I spoke to them that it was in new condition. Sadly didn’t turn out to be the case.

is there anything wrong with it or just not as described i.e. brand new

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Estoril-5 View Post
    is there anything wrong with it or just not as described i.e. brand new
    There were quite a lot of marks and scratches on it, including some that I could feel with my fingernail around the the bezel. I honestly don’t know what they do with these things when they take it out and place on a velvet tray for someone to try on. My Aquanaut was in better condition after I owned and wore it for 2 years when I sold it, and had a similar brushed bezel

Larry Bouligny, aka "Uncle Seiko" posted this on Instagram. So if you're in the market for one of his excellent bracelets AND want to help in a good cause, please do so:

About 3 years ago, some friends of mine sold all their earthly belongings and moved to Kenya to build an orphanage and school. They call it Mercy Home. There they feed, clothe, educate (and love!) over 100 kids, some who have HIV.

Right now they are looking to expand their facility and I thought it would be great if Uncleseiko could be involved in some way. So, this year for the Cyber Monday sale I decided to give 100% of the proceeds to their building projects.

Craftsman
    There were quite a lot of marks and scratches on it, including some that I could feel with my fingernail around the the bezel. I honestly don’t know what they do with these things when they take it out and place on a velvet tray for someone to try on. My Aquanaut was in better condition after I owned and wore it for 2 years when I sold it, and had a similar brushed bezel
    You have to be careful that they don't try and blame those marks and scratches on you. I've had that before from Ernest Jones with them alleging that I wore it, but my irate response convinced them otherwise!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBANNENAGY View Post
    You have to be careful that they don't try and blame those marks and scratches on you. I've had that before from Ernest Jones with them alleging that I wore it, but my irate response convinced them otherwise!
    Will bear in mind, thanks. I was on the phone to them within an hour of the parcel being delivered telling them about the condition, so hopefully clear

Will bear in mind, thanks. I was on the phone to them within an hour of the parcel being delivered telling them about the condition, so hopefully clear
    I’ve mentioned this problem to them a couple of times and they never listen. I’ve said why don’t they just take pictures of the actual watch and use them on the website and then at least people would know what they’re buying. By using manufacturer’s pictures it makes people think they’re getting a brand new watch, which is rarely the case. Surely it was save them a load of hassle in processing returns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by dashfield View Post
    I’ve mentioned this problem to them a couple of times and they never listen. I’ve said why don’t they just take pictures of the actual watch and use them on the website and then at least people would know what they’re buying. By using manufacturer’s pictures it makes people think they’re getting a brand new watch, which is rarely the case. Surely it was save them a load of hassle in processing returns.

I reckon a lot of the flipped watches sold on here have had less owners than some of the 'new' watches bought online from main dealers. Most people into watches are pretty OCD about condition. That Zenith will get sold on and returned again and again and again until somebody (probably with diminished eyesight) doesn't return it and the AD has got shot of an ex display item.

Master
    15% off of Bulang and Sons straps at the moment.

https://bulangandsons.com/collections/strap

Master
    The thing is I even asked the guy on the phone if it was ex display as I am aware of their reputation, and he said it was, so I asked if it was unmarked and in new condition, and he stated that it was. The guy had the watch in his hands - unbelievable really.

I reckon a lot of the flipped watches sold on here have had less owners than some of the 'new' watches bought online from main dealers. Most people into watches are pretty OCD about condition. That Zenith will get sold on and returned again and again and again until somebody (probably with diminished eyesight) doesn't return it and the AD has got shot of an ex display item.
    Quote Originally Posted by dashfield View Post

Haha small world, I bought a Zenith Defy 21 off Burrells and had to return it as it was quite beaten up - it's exactly what I was thinking of when I wrote that original post! Not this precise one, same dial but mine was on the titanium bracelet.

I must say though, the watch didn't do it for me in person nearly as much as I thought it would, so I didn't regret returning it. Got a storming deal on it though...!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Haha small world, I bought a Zenith Defy 21 off Burrells and had to return it as it was quite beaten up - it's exactly what I was thinking of when I wrote that original post! Not this precise one, same dial but mine was on the titanium bracelet.

I must say though, the watch didn't do it for me in person nearly as much as I thought it would, so I didn't regret returning it. Got a storming deal on it though...!
    If that was in the last week or so, then I saw it appear on the website for a short while and gone again.

When I tried this watch on bracelet I didn’t really like it, but loved it on the strap. For me, I think the contrast works well on strap, and perhaps too much metal when on bracelet (considering the open dial).

Craftsman

I thought that was a link to the generic sale, not a specific watch. That is a rather special Limited Edition

Master
    “Extra15” code is active in the Ernest Jones sale

https://www.ernestjones.co.uk/

Master
    https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/collec...-watch-special

-20% on some Seiko, Hamilton, Rado etc with “BF20”, and 12% off full priced watches with “BLK12”
    Last edited by W44NNE; 27th November 2020 at 09:33.

Journeyman
    20% off on WatchObsession. Don't think there is a code you need because it discounts your basket automatically. Going to grab a few bits now.

https://www.watchobsession.co.uk/

Master
    Blog Entries
    Got £20 off a Forstner Klip for my Smiths Navigator with BLKFRIDAY code

Craftsman
    15% off on the Vanguard rubber straps that seem to get some very good reviews. Hope this helps someone out.

https://vanguardstraps.com/

“Extra15” code is active in the Ernest Jones sale

https://www.ernestjones.co.uk/
    £6k on the nose after code for a brand new Proplof. I can dream.

Apprentice
    I've had similar experience with Burrells.

The watch came with excellent discount as well as cosmetic imperfections.

Be careful when buying from their "outlet".

If I had chance to do it again I'd request close-up photos before pulling the trigger.

Master
    7753 Movement Tissot... £1000 discount:

https://www.tkmaxx.com/uk/en/men/acc...AcCGYaY2wybXhA

Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    Got £20 off a Forstner Klip for my Smiths Navigator with BLKFRIDAY code
    Yes, Forstner have £20 off everything on their UK site - just bought a Klip, a Beads of Rice and a few Komfits, including the new wider version which only arrived here a couple of days ago. Darren was very helpful.

Regards

Jon.

20% off Armand Nicolet with "BLACKAN20"

£66 for a sapphire solar watch?

Decent beater or a nice little Christmas present:

https://www.watchshop.com/watches/ca...0pb-1avuef.pdp

Master
    Just as a warning, don’t expect your discounted Cartier any time soon. I pointed this out to someone 2 months ago and they are still waiting for theirs having ordered it in early October and the comms thus far haven’t been overly helpful... Might be an isolated experience however

Did you know it’s called Black Friday because it’s the one day in the year that stores historically brought themselves back in the black in a single day?

Craftsman
    Jura Watches have some deals on for Black Friday ->

https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/

Code BLK12 gives 12% off.
    Some watches are on offer using the code BF20 which gives a 20% discount. I've seen this code apply to brands including Seiko, Longines, Ball, Rado and NOMOS.

Nick Mankey has a 25% discount for his hook straps for today only for Small Business Saturday (an American thing)
    https://nickmankeydesigns.com/shop-2
    I've just ordered another two but be warned, he does say there could be an 8 to 10 week lead time and whenever I’ve ordered I always get hit with UK customs!

Honestly don’t know why I bother with UK dealers at sale times. Goldsmiths cancelled two orders very quickly with instant refunds on Friday, then thought I’d struck gold with a Defy 21 at Harrods. Fast forward two and a half days and that’s now been cancelled as the watch was sold in store before they could pick it for me which, of course, is a lie because the store hasn’t been open. To top it all off Harrods give themselves ten working days to process the refund, great customer service!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Danstone View Post
    Honestly don’t know why I bother with UK dealers at sale times. Goldsmiths cancelled two orders very quickly with instant refunds on Friday, then thought I’d struck gold with a Defy 21 at Harrods. Fast forward two and a half days and that’s now been cancelled as the watch was sold in store before they could pick it for me which, of course, is a lie because the store hasn’t been open. To top it all off Harrods give themselves ten working days to process the refund, great customer service!
    btw Harrods is open, they are just not letting peple into the store. If it was sold i presume it was done via personal shopping.

Master

Thumbs up

I’ve had significant problems with Harrods online, and I’ll never buy from them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Danstone View Post
    That's rubbish

What did you pay and for what variant of the Defy 21? Offers seem to pop up frequently on the Defy 21 so you might not have to wait long to get a comparable price.

Up to 30% off Grand Seikos at Montredo. Some belting offers

Not sure if it's been posted before but David Robinson have 25% off a selection of Panerai

https://www.davidmrobinson.co.uk/pro...&orderby=price

Quote Originally Posted by PDE View Post
    Not sure if it's been posted before but David Robinson have 25% off a selection of Panerai

Good price for one of these https://www.davidmrobinson.co.uk/pro...1950-3-days-2/

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Up to 30% off Grand Seikos at Montredo. Some belting offers
    Be careful with their % discounts, many of them appear to be quite misleading. If you look at the original price they've discounted from, it's higher than the RRP for all four watches I checked.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PDE View Post

Thanks, been shopping for a basic Panerai and that 8 day they have will do nicely

Half price metal camo g-shock here for £99. Seems a bargain, just ordered one. Plus cashback too if that is your thing via Quidco

https://www.watchnation.com/product/...-gm-5600b-3er/