Smiths Mk 11, Hamilton 6B & Smiths W10

The Nav looks right at home

Now that is a wonderful collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman

Cool Team spirit!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed875 View Post

Smiths in sync. What's up with the Hamilton?!? ;)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by davidzet View Post
    Smiths in sync. What's up with the Hamilton?!? ;)
    The Hamilton is to NSN 910-1000 which doesn't require a hack function, so its continues running when setting the time. Later Hamiltons from c. 1967 do hack with the introduction of NSN 961-4045, which the Smiths also conforms too.

Craftsman

That is a nice trio. I am enjoying my Navigator. I had the PRS-29a but I just didn't like the crown. It was always a chore to wind it, but as a watch I liked the design and that it was basically a re-issue of the W10. Now the Navigator has an outstanding crown and is joy to wind.

Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    That is a nice trio. I am enjoying my Navigator. I had the PRS-29a but I just didn't like the crown. It was always a chore to wind it, but as a watch I liked the design and that it was basically a re-issue of the W10. Now the Navigator has an outstanding crown and is joy to wind.
    Ironically the Navigator is a more accurate homage to the IWC mark 11 than the PRS-29a is to the Smiths W10

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by fogar View Post
    Ironically the Navigator is a more accurate homage to the IWC mark 11 than the PRS-29a is to the Smiths W10
    Not seen a genuine Mk 11 in the metal but the Nav does have a more vintage feel than the current 29a; think in many ways the choice of crystal helps on the Nav as its not as obvious a sapphire (with exception of catching the anti-reflective coating now and then), where with the 29a it stands out like a sore thumb in my eyes. Also feel the Nav has a slightly more quality finish to it, particularly like the Smiths only branding, again supporting its vintage credentials, hence the photo as it 99% gets away with being from the period on first glance.

Not seen a genuine Mk 11 in the metal but the Nav does have a more vintage feel than the current 29a; think in many ways the choice of crystal helps on the Nav as its not as obvious a sapphire (with exception of catching the anti-reflective coating now and then), where with the 29a it stands out like a sore thumb in my eyes. Also feel the Nav has a slightly more quality finish to it, particularly like the Smiths only branding, again supporting its vintage credentials, hence the photo as it 99% gets away with being from the period on first glance.
    Totally agree, the Navigator is such a fine piece. And congrats for that nice trio you have!

Journeyman

Nice combo!