closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Petrol and diesel cars banned in 9 yrs

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    There could also be legalised self driving cars which will be adopted by Uber, bringing down the cost of taxi travel, reducing the need for many to own a car.
    This is the bit that I don’t see working. As it stands Uber don’t own taxis, the driver owns them and Uber charge them 25% of each fare to access the platform, ergo, Uber have no car payments, insurance costs or maintenance to cover.
    If they start supplying the vehicles instead, they first have to buy or lease them, insure them, then they have to have a facility that is large enough to charge all the cars. That would cost a fortune on its own.
    How does that business model work?

I read recently that the last person ever to pass a driving test has already been born, that’s how close we are to ubiquitous autonomous vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    I read recently that the last person ever to pass a driving test has already been born, that’s how close we are to ubiquitous autonomous vehicles.
    The erosion of individualism, power of control and freedom comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    I thought I’d have my own R2-D2 and C-3PO by 2020, gazing at the future from the cosiness of 1977! I honestly can’t see every car being autonomous in 17 years

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    Your periodic reminder that many millennials are old enough to have kids at University rather than being kids.
    Only just & if they were quick off the mark!

Am sure many more are not in that camp.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I think it’s the usual what the world wants to hear, no way will the infrastructure will be in place, but batteries by then will be a lot better. I watched a clip about how we have to start mining Lithium in Cornwall (where there is plenty) so as to have everything in place for production. That’s going to go down well with the Green Mob. Nah I won’t be selling my TR6 anytime soon
    Last edited by hilly10; 23rd November 2020 at 21:11.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    Nah I won’t be selling my TR6 anytime soon
    Oh, nice.