closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New CW "Sandstorm" Chronometers in collaboration with Worn & Wound

Craftsman

New CW "Sandstorm" Chronometers in collaboration with Worn & Wound

I have just had an email about two new Christopher Ward "Sandstorm" Chronometers, limited editions, created together with Worn and Wound, and only available on the W&W Windup Watch Shop (so prices below are in USD).

The one on the left is the Sandstorm with strap, $1085.00 (also available on a bracelet for $1205.00), and on the right is the Blackout with strap, $1130.00. They have the Sellita SW200 Chronometer (COSC certified) movement, and not CW's own COSC certified SH21 movement, presumably to keep costs down. I also note the "Christopher Ward" namemark is in the 12 o'clock position, and the not the normal 9 o'clock position CW have favoured lately when there are no sub-registers on the dial. I prefer the 12 o'clock position on this dial, and the subtler colouring of the namemark especially the Sandstorm with the grey dial. Quite understated for CW.

Blog Entries
    I have a couple of this brand and they're big bang for your bucks !

Very well put together and I really like British design combined with Swiss manufacture.

May they do well in the future

Ooh, I like those, quite a lot.

Craftsman
    Very panerai art deco 790/791
    But thats not a bad thing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    What's the red bit on the inner track near the 4, is it a gmt function? Doh, just realized it's a date function. But a bit different and I like both models
    Last edited by mrushton; 17th November 2020 at 19:52.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    What's the red bit on the inner track near the 4, is it a gmt function?
    The date display.

Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    What's the red bit on the inner track near the 4, is it a gmt function? Doh, just realized it's a date function. But a bit different and I like both models
    Looks like a date indicator.

Nice watches. I suspect they’ll be subject to the usual watch website collaboration hype, sadly.

Master
    I like those a lot, particularly the one with the black dial on the khaki strap.

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    Nice watches. I suspect they’ll be subject to the usual watch website collaboration hype, sadly.
    Hopefully they'll put the model into production, just different enough so it won't clash with these forum specials.

Admittedly I'm not totally au fait with the current CW catalogue but to me anyway it feels like the first Ward in a long time that is its own thing without a direct rival on the market to be compared to. I've only ever owned a Trident, which was found wanting in the Seamasted comparison: this watch could be one to stand on its own without coming up short against an obvious, more premium rival.

Craftsman
    I really like the date ring; this is the first CW watch in a while that I would consider buying.