closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Back to waiting patiently; let down by UPS

Craftsman

Back to waiting patiently; let down by UPS

Back to waiting patiently for our Nav to arrive as we've been let down by UPS.

Delivery was due before 12 this morning and while I was at work on the first part of a split shift, my wife was home (along with my son) and aware of the delivery. However at 12 I get a ping on the mobile to say the delivery had been attempted but no one was in. Rang home and as suspected no one had called, and no 'sorry we missed you' card either. At the time of the supposed delivery my wife was in the lounge with view of the drive and no delivery driver or van was evident.

Rang their customer services and after a long hold while they purportedly tried to contact the driver, they suggest they will come back before 6pm, though the tracking is showing delivery re-scheduled for Wednesday.

Waiting with baited breath to see if its here on return from the second shift!!!

Couriers and rural addresses don't mix well
    Last edited by Ed875; 17th November 2020 at 15:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed875 View Post
    Back to waiting patiently for our Nav to arrive as we've been let down by UPS.

Delivery was due before 12 this morning and while I was at work on the first part of a split shift, my wife was home (along with my son) and aware of the delivery. However at 12 I get a ping on the mobile to say the delivery had been attempted but no one was in. Rang home and as suspected no one had called, and no 'sorry we missed you' card either. At the time of the supposed delivery my wife was in the lounge with view of the drive and no delivery driver or van was evident.

Rang their customer services and after a long hold while they purportedly tried to contact the driver, they suggest they will come back before 6pm, though the tracking is showing delivery re-scheduled for Wednesday.

Waiting with baited breath to see if its here on return from the second shift!!!

Couriers and rural addresses don't mix well
    What very often happens is that if they miss the scheduled delivery time,they will use their random excuse generator and enter some rubbish into the system. I had another this morning which reported "delivered" but the customer said it wasn't. It turned up 2 hours later. It's all about making the delivery times, or at least fooling the system into thinking they have.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman
    Many thanks for your reply Eddie; much appreciated and yes this seems to be the case with the driver suggesting we are near the end of his round not the middle.

Regard the Navigator then why buy a Rolex when you can have one of these; superb creation

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    What very often happens is that if they miss the scheduled delivery time,they will use their random excuse generator and enter some rubbish into the system. I had another this morning which reported "delivered" but the customer said it wasn't. It turned up 2 hours later. It's all about making the delivery times, or at least fooling the system into thinking they have.

Eddie
    This happened with my Navigator order. I was at home and received an e-mail from UPS, saying that they'd called at 10:30am and that I'd missed their delivery, despite me not noticing getting a knock on the door. Cue much annoyance on my part and wondering why there was no calling card left by the UPS driver.

The UPS driver then turns up with my watch at 14:30, so I ask him if he'd attempted delivery earlier in the morning. He looks a bit sheepish, mumbles something that resembles a, 'no'. So I query why I'd received a missed delivery e-mail this morning, to which he can't (refuses) to give me an answer.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisK View Post
    This happened with my Navigator order. I was at home and received an e-mail from UPS, saying that they'd called at 10:30am and that I'd missed their delivery, despite me not noticing getting a knock on the door. Cue much annoyance on my part and wondering why there was no calling card left by the UPS driver.

The UPS driver then turns up with my watch at 14:30, so I ask him if he'd attempted delivery earlier in the morning. He looks a bit sheepish, mumbles something that resembles a, 'no'. So I query why I'd received a missed delivery e-mail this morning, to which he can't (refuses) to give me an answer.
    Glad to here its turned up

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed875 View Post
    Glad to here its turned up
    It's worth the wait!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisK View Post
    It's worth the wait!
    Very true, Eddie's watch creativity just gets better and better.