closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone ever had to make a claim with Secursus?

Anyone ever had to make a claim with Secursus?

As the title reads, has anyone ever had to make an unfortunate claim with Sercursus? What was the outcome? Straightforward?

They seem very well priced at 0.6% of the value of the contents.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I know of someone who is still in dispute over a lost item with the company.
    Last edited by roxylady; 16th November 2020 at 22:51.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by roxylady View Post
    Can you shed a bit more light on this? Did the person provide some credible evidence and how long has the dispute been?

Have used Secursus a few times but haven’t encountered any issues. So did not manage to put them to the test - but similar to OP, would like to know how they are with claims.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post
    Can you shed a bit more light on this? Did the person provide some credible evidence and how long has the dispute been?

Have used Secursus a few times but haven’t encountered any issues. So did not manage to put them to the test - but similar to OP, would like to know how they are with claims.
    +1

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Journeyman

The equipment was sent RMSD with minimum value <£500. As it did not turn up RM were contacted and confirmed it has been mislaid or lost. The evidence provided was bank statement and the email exchange between the seller and buyer and RM confirmation of missing/ lost item along with tracking details.

It has been going on around 6 weeks and from what I understand Securses have confirmed that cover is void due to it being a private sale as no invoice can be provided for the equipment. Item value was just under £5000 from memory.

Not sure how it would work if a watch went missing but I imagine very similar if you were not able to provide the original purchase receipt or invoice.
    Last edited by roxylady; 17th November 2020 at 13:22.

Craftsman
    The equipment was sent RMSD with minimum value <£500. As it did not turn up RM were contacted and confirmed it has been mislaid or lost. The evidence provided was bank statement and the email exchange between the seller and buyer and RM confirmation of missing/ lost item along with tracking details.

It has been going on around 6 weeks and from what I understand Securses have confirmed that cover is void due to it being a private sale as no invoice can be provided for the equipment. Item value was just under £5000 from memory.

Not sure how it would work if a watch went missing but I imagine very similar if you were not able to provide the original purchase receipt or invoice.
    Just to be clear, was Secursus after an Invoice between the sender and recipient (to prove the transaction) or original purchase receipt (to prove value)?

I always keep the original receipts when I post watches but I’m unsure of how they can match the original receipt to the item posted? Say if I post a £5k watch, insure it for £20k (just for illustration), and when it goes missing I show them an invoice for a £20k watch?

Maybe including the watch model/serial number on the Secursus insurance will help but it does sound like they’re not easy to deal with.

Master
    So what about vintage watches where the original receipt will bear no relevance to current value.
    Not great news to be honest
    Unusual for RMSD to go missing and not turn up though

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Just to be clear, was Secursus after an Invoice between the sender and recipient (to prove the transaction) or original purchase receipt (to prove value)?
    Both from what I understood. The original purchase receipt for the item along with a invoice and statements showing the transaction between the buyer and seller.

I will try to find out more information and update the post.
    Last edited by roxylady; 17th November 2020 at 15:12.

Master
    Secursus require a “certificate of sale” between seller and buyer. This can be a one pager with the item, buyer and seller names, date of sale, price and payment method. Both parties need to sign it. That could be produced after the event, I’d think, if both parties were still communicating.

I suspect there’s nothing on record for the private sale and that’s the issue?

I don’t think their Terms refer to the original receipt being required.
    Last edited by Berty234; 17th November 2020 at 15:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Berty234 View Post
    Secursus require a “certificate of sale” between seller and buyer. This can be a one pager with the item, buyer and seller names, price and payment method. Both parties need to sign it. That could be produced after the event, I’d think, if both parties were still communicating.

I'm sure that's correct. Something that those of us who use Secursus, Parcel Pro, IFS Inforsure, etc should probably address as part of the transaction process in future, given that we now have a heads-up that it's like to be an issue in the event of a claim.

Journeyman
    Ok so it seems they were asking for the original receipt and/ or a insurance valuation to confirm the value of the item.

Master
    Ok so it seems they were asking for the original receipt and/ or a insurance valuation to confirm the value of the item.
    That’s odd - a certificate of sale between the buyer and seller should be sufficient under their Terms. If it’s clear what the equipment was and there are pictures, it should be possible for them to verify if the price paid and declared was legitimate.

I'd always assumed, seemingly wrongly, that a PP receipt or email trail and bank statement would be enough proof of the transaction?

I use ParcelPro and thankfully have never had to claim.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berty234 View Post
    Secursus require a “certificate of sale” between seller and buyer. This can be a one pager with the item, buyer and seller names, date of sale, price and payment method. Both parties need to sign it. That could be produced after the event, I’d think, if both parties were still communicating.

correct. If private sale - certificate of sale” - extract from T&C

Article 10 - Reimbursement of an Incident:

10.1. In the event of an Incident, the Customer must:

• take precautionary measures to protect the insured Items and limit damage;
    • retain all rights and legal recourse options against the Carriers and/or any third party assumed to be responsible;
    • in case of damage: write clear, precise and significant reservations on the Delivery slip;
    • take a picture of the Package and its content;
    • keep all packaging;
    • in the case of theft, file a complaint with the police.

10.2. Before a claim can be submitted, the Customer must be able to provide Secursus with the following documents without delay:

• copy of the ID and/or business ID;
    • carrier shipping label;
    • invoice or certificate of sale (for individuals) or expert appraisal of the insured items, including a proof of payment;
    • copy of the claim sent to the Carrier and/or other responsible third parties, and of their replies;
    • picture of the Package and its contents;
    • In case of theft: copy of the complaint filed with the police;
    • In case of loss: certificate of non-delivery issued by the Carrier;
    • In case of damage: copy of the reserves written on the delivery slip;

Secursus reserves the right to open an investigation and to ask the Insured for an identity document as well as any other elements deemed useful.

A very interesting read.

@roxylady - fingers crossed for you friend; please do keep us updated on this thread.

Master
    Nothing in Martyn's extract refers to the original invoice so that shouldn't be necessary, although I recognise it might be useful to confirm the value of the lost item on addition to the sales invoice.

I will look to prepare a sales invoice in advance when using Secursus in future, however I can't see any reason why this couldn't be prepared after the item is lost. I recently used Secursus for the first time to send a watch to a repairer so no sales invoice was appropriate in that case.
    Last edited by deepreddave; 18th November 2020 at 11:49.

Gents.
    For your information, I asked IFS what would be required by them if the same thing had happened and their answer is below;

“Proof of ownership is required and can be a purchase or sale invoice/ receipt or online transaction on a watch trading platform such as Chrono24.
    Buying from a private party should still have a paper trail such as a bank wire.
    Very important is to have make, model, year and serial number of the watch”

They further specified (after a direct question) that in a private sale, an email trail and proof of payment would suffice (bank wire etc) but stressed that the make/model/serial being recorded was of upmost importance.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by watchlovr View Post
    Gents.
    For your information, I asked IFS what would be required by them if the same thing had happened and their answer is below;

“Proof of ownership is required and can be a purchase or sale invoice/ receipt or online transaction on a watch trading platform such as Chrono24.
    Buying from a private party should still have a paper trail such as a bank wire.
    Very important is to have make, model, year and serial number of the watch”

They further specified (after a direct question) that in a private sale, an email trail and proof of payment would suffice (bank wire etc) but stressed that the make/model/serial being recorded was of upmost importance.
    Thank you
    Good info
    Would have been nice of them to inform us of that previously as well as the size of box they insist on.

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    Nothing in Martyn's expect refers to the original invoice so that shouldn't be necessary, although I recognise it might be useful to confirm the value of the lost item on addition to the sales invoice.

I will look to prepare a sales invoice in advance when using Secursus in future, however I can't see any reason why this couldn't be prepared after the item is lost. I recently used Secursus for the first time to send a watch to a repairer so no sales invoice was appropriate in that case.
    Agreed. I think the point I was making earlier in the thread is that it’s probably something best agreed and disposed of in advance given that two signatures are required.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Thank you
    Good info
    Would have been nice of them to inform us of that previously as well as the size of box they insist on.
    The box size is clearly in their t and c’s.
    Don’t know about the latest info.

Grand Master
    After producing " everything" an insurance company specifically requests in order to pay for the loss,there is no excuse for it to take 6 weeks!,surely once it lands on the desk of the person looking at the claim he immediatley issues the funds to the claimant.
    If all perfectly fine and proven "lost" why the delay?.

Or is this just insurance companies trying to wriggle free!..........look at homeowners flooded,and they do need a very fast response.

All my Rolex watches will be f2f when sold,certainly a lot less stress.