closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Mobile Phone Insurance?

Mobile Phone Insurance?

Anyone buy this?

Any recommendations based on real life experience requested please.

I want to insure my iPhone XS 256GB - Replacement value circa £650.00. Home & contents insurance has a £500.00 excess.

Thanks
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

I wouldn't put a phone that old on the contents. The XS came out 25 months ago so the value Vs excess doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I wouldn't put a phone that old on the contents. The XS came out 25 months ago so the value Vs excess doesn't make sense.
    Quite - that's why I'm looking to buy separate insurance.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

My bank ( Nationwide) has phone insurance built into my account - Flex plus, maybe yours might?
    It covers loss and damage, small excess, I think £100, I made a screen claim last year and it was a very smooth experience.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Not too certain I would bother refurb Grade A xs 256 can be had on ebay for around 400 ish when there is a 15/20% discount code on offer

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Quite - that's why I'm looking to buy separate insurance.
    My point is I wouldn't bother to insure such an old model at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    My bank ( Nationwide) has phone insurance built into my account - Flex plus, maybe yours might?
    It covers loss and damage, small excess, I think £100, I made a screen claim last year and it was a very smooth experience.
    I’ve got that too and looked at it recently. Unfortunately not so easy to claim for a phone bought 2nd hand, say on TZ.

Master
    We have ours insured through Halifax as part of the current account (plus travel insurance etc)

Never had to claim but can claim for either phone twice in a 12 month period.

12 Mini arrives tmrw & hoping I never have to test it out, having never damaged any iPhone since 3rd gen...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Nationwide's FlexPlus account cover for mobile phone, travel and breakdown works well for me.
    Not as great value as it was but still decent.

My wife has this on her Halifax account and claimed for a Galaxy s10 which was damaged. Made a claim and £100.00 excess paid a brand new phone arrived. First and only time she has ever used the insurance facility but it was an easy process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    We have ours insured through Halifax as part of the current account (plus travel insurance etc)

Never had to claim but can claim for either phone twice in a 12 month period.

12 Mini arrives tmrw & hoping I never have to test it out, having never damaged any iPhone since 3rd gen...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by sickie; 16th November 2020 at 18:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    I’ve got that too and looked at it recently. Unfortunately not so easy to claim for a phone bought 2nd hand, say on TZ.

For my claim, a screen replacement it was very simple and I didn't have to prove ownership or the provenance of the phone, maybe for a loss replacement it might be different.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    I’m not on commission - promise - but Martin Lewis site worth a look:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/in...get-insurance/

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    For my claim, a screen replacement it was very simple and I didn't have to prove ownership or the provenance of the phone, maybe for a loss replacement it might be different.
    Was looking for screen too. Reading T&Cs didn't seem that simple - understandable, otherwise nothing to prevent getting mate's phones repaired on the policy.

Master

Mobile Phone Insurance?

Students use something like ‘insure my bubble’, my daughters uni recommended as it covered phones, laptops,etc.

https://uk.protectyourbubble.com