Quote Originally Posted by mkildare View Post
I am a very happy owner of 3 Everest 36's in various guises. I really enjoy them, and am 'content' with the sapphire. Fast forward to this month, and the realising of my desire to get the PRS29A. I was also torn as to whether to add the 29AM to the order and did. I was building myself up to 'love' the A and 'like' the AM, but when I received them, its the other way around. I have to admit to being disappointed with the sapphire on the 29A, and have taken a pic of the 25 and 29A side by side clearly showing the more pronounced milky ring on the 29A. I don't think I can be content with it and now want to look into changing its crystal for acrylic (I dont want fixed bars). I have tried to find some posts discussing whether any member has attempted it on a sapphire 29, and also whether the PRS-25 and 29A/AM crystals are the same diameter. I also believe that sapphire can be done really well, and almost look as good as acrylic. Take the Railmaster 57 trilogy LE, and you'll see what I mean. I also own a Max Bill 2018 LE which is fitted with sapphire that (to my eyes) looks identical to acrylic (I have included pics in this post). If it was possible to use a similar crystal shape on the Smiths models, it would be a true game changer (and for me anyway), negate any desire to go acrylic.P1030901.JPGP11030902.JPG
Im sure I saw a post where someone had changed the crystal on a sapphire PRS-29A to sapphire, although I cant find it right now. Will keep looking.

I 100% agree that a truly domed sapphire crystal in the style of the ones you are showing would be amazing on the Everest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk