closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Zelos Skyraider 2 - just announced

Zelos Skyraider 2 - just announced

The Zelos Skyraider 2 was just announced and launches in 3.5 days. Features the ETA 6498-1 Élaboré handwound movement.

5 variants on offer - Teal, Carbon Fibre, Blue Meteorite, Full Lume and Skeleton. Personally I really like the Skeleton, but as it's at a 50% premium over the other variants the Blue Meteorite might win me over instead.

https://zeloswatches.com/collections/skyraider

Who's tempted? Another sell-out in under 24 hours or is Zelos stretching at this price point? (exceptionally limited tourbillion releases aside!)

Well turns out it was a hit. The three most expensive models sold out very quickly (Skeleton, Meteorite and Carbon Fibre).

Teal and Frost are still available. There were 100 skeletons and 50 of each of the other dial variants.

Bruce Williams had an early release on the Teal variant, so I expect we'll see a video soon.

Anyone grab one? I was on the fence on the skeleton version but didn't go for it in the end. Might end up regretting it when the videos start dropping, it was difficult to make a decision on the back of the photos provided.

Journeyman
    Here is a video of the skeleton.
    https://youtu.be/zwF3f6gTSvk

I really liked the first version, I don’t know why but I’m not so enthusiastic about this new iteration.
    Last edited by Mamaw; 19th November 2020 at 19:54.

Master
    Great spec but I can’t get on with the end links.

Journeyman
    Yes maybe this is the metal bracelet that is putting me off. Curious to see the watch on a leather strap.

Only 8 Frost versions remaining. Nice looking watch but not fussed on the Frost version.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    This seems to be the way many microbrands are going - limited releases, a bit of hype on social media (including You Tube) pre release, and a very quick sell out. I like that microbrands exist, and they are often good value, but it does amaze me how quickly they can generate sales in this way, even above the $1000 which is not small change. I dont really know what to make of these feeding frenzies, but if the buyers are happy with the watches they get, I suppose no harm done. I like the use of the unitas movement in this watch and it looks decent value (as is Eddie's watch with that movement).

Craftsman
    Most of the 5 variants look good! Unfortunately, the end link comes out too much.

By the way, latest check shows Frost is sold out too!

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk