closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Newmark 6BB just sold on eBay (the world has gone mad)

Newmark 6BB just sold on eBay (the world has gone mad)

Seriously? A Newmark 6BB with a Seiko VK64 quartz movement in it just sold for £510.00. Are they really that collectable.
    Just seems way to much for what was bid.
    Mind you getting paid is another thing.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

And your point is?

Do you own any Newmarks?

I've had one but not the 6BB. Either way it's never worth that in my eyes.

I have 6 6BB’s , 2 51’s , 2 72’s so I suppose I’m a collector and I do think they are worth that.

They are great watches I love mine, I just had to check. I didnt realise they were sold out I can only assume there will be another batch along soon. Perhaps the buyer just wanted one now and didnt want to wait? I often see Steinhart watches being sold at a premium sometimes more than the Steinhart website on ebay, I guess some people dont take the time to check on the retail price.

I've had many Steinhart's over the year's and know what you mean about overpriced on eBay but most sell for a reasonable price when listed realistically. I'm just surprised that the newmark went for nearly double it's original value. Can't say I'd even consider it's worth that much but obviously someone did.

Good for you. I don't but then again who cares.
    Quote Originally Posted by inspector gadget View Post
    I have 6 6BB’s , 2 51’s , 2 72’s so I suppose I’m a collector and I do think they are worth that.

If they are selling for crazy money on eBay then all the better for owners. I won't be selling mine though. :)

Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post

Well I care but then again I'm a collector.

I was watching that one - they tend to go sub £200 on eBay so no way In the world that genuine bids went over £500. If the seller sees any of that money it’ll be a miracle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by enndriz View Post
    I was watching that one - they tend to go sub £200 on eBay so no way In the world that genuine bids went over £500. If the seller sees any of that money it’ll be a miracle

There are a few stories about “friends” bidding up prices on eBay to establish new benchmarks.
    I wouldn’t read too much in it

I remember selling this one mid October as the buyer asked for the Cordura strap as an extra.

I was surprised myself to see it on eBay so quickly but there you go, not that unusual. Not sure why he would want to establish a new benchmark? Certainly not on my behalf. I don't know the seller any further than having sold him the watch recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    There are a few stories about “friends” bidding up prices on eBay to establish new benchmarks.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ewan.w View Post
    I remember selling this one mid October as the buyer asked for the Cordura strap as an extra.

I was surprised myself to see it on eBay so quickly but there you go, not that unusual. Not sure why he would want to establish a new benchmark? Certainly not on my behalf. I don't know the seller any further than having sold him the watch recently.
    The comment wasn’t meant to offend you nor was it made to question your integrity.
    Perhaps I should have been more clear.
    I meant that these practices are used to drive up the price in the secondary market. If someone is sitting in a couple of them they might be able to make some decent profit.
    I hope this makes more sense now.

Not offended honestly! I do see what you're saying and that certainly makes sense. I'd say that if it is indeed a genuine sale then it's a real fluke!

The comment wasn’t meant to offend you nor was it made to question your integrity.
    Perhaps I should have been more clear.
    I meant that these practices are used to drive up the price in the secondary market. If someone is sitting in a couple of them they might be able to make some decent profit.
    I hope this makes more sense now.

Blog Entries

Well you obviously care because you started a thread about it!
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Ohh look it's the I can't help myself I've just got to comment on everything guy.

Well done

Blog Entries
    It’s a forum. People comment.
    Last edited by oldoakknives; 16th November 2020 at 08:20.

Kind of what I thought. They are a nice well made watch but I don't see it worth what it supposedly sold for. It may well of been a one off if two people were so desperate but that's a rather large price for what you get.

Journeyman
    To bring it back on to topic:

Great watch, finally an affordable version of a classic with some nice variations on the dial thrown in. Probably not worth double retail as it's still in production!

I also have a 52 which is great. Initially skeptical of the quartz movement but actually it makes it so much more practical.

I did have a 71 as well but just couldn't gel with it, although amazing for retail (and they still go for that grey).

Quote Originally Posted by Mattcurry View Post
    To bring it back on to topic:

Great watch, finally an affordable version of a classic with some nice variations on the dial thrown in. Probably not worth double retail as it's still in production!
    Agreed. It is a nice looking remake at an affordable price but definitely not worth nearly double it's list price and as you say especially since they are still available (if you're patient enough)

Master
    I had one of those for a while. The undersides of the lugs were uncomfortably sharp.

Ohh look it's the I can't help myself I've just got to comment on everything guy.

Well done

Thats quite good coming from a guy that has only been around for a couple of months, obviously the one that has seen it all.

Ohh look another guy who thinks he owns the forum.
    As I don't wish to step on you're oversized ego I'll step out now.

OP, you should see what some of Eddie's watches go for (or at least, appear to go for) on eBay. As you say, there's no guarantee that the transactions are real, but sometimes people get target-fixated in an auction and make odd decisions.

Either way, it appears we have general agreement, including from the manufacturer, that it's a ludicrous price - so I'm not sure why you feel the need to be so abrasive. Peace and love, yeah?

Ohh look another guy who thinks he owns the forum.
    As I don't wish to step on you're oversized ego I'll step out now.

well done and close the door behind you.

I guess you're right but the abrasive bit comes from being questioned on my being a so cald noob who knows it all (which I don't) why are only people who've been here for years apparently the only one's allowed to have an opinion. It just boils my p1ss when I see people attacking someone (be it me or any other new person) just because they are new around here.
    Yes the same happens on most forums of whatever sort but honestly there is no call for it.
    I've been here nearly 4 months and it seems to happen a lot. It's a bit like the learner driver thing when people get irrational and start to beep their horn or aggressively haras them. There is just no need for it. Everyone was a learner at one time or another so should remember where they came from.

As I said I'll bow out of this. I apologise if I've upset some of you but I'll also defend myself when I feel it's needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreacherCain View Post
    OP, you should see what some of Eddie's watches go for (or at least, appear to go for) on eBay. As you say, there's no guarantee that the transactions are real, but sometimes people get target-fixated in an auction and make odd decisions.

Either way, it appears we have general agreement, including from the manufacturer, that it's a ludicrous price - so I'm not sure why you feel the need to be so abrasive. Peace and love, yeah?

Did someone say something
    Quote Originally Posted by inspector gadget View Post
    well done and close the door behind you.

Quote Originally Posted by PreacherCain View Post
    OP, you should see what some of Eddie's watches go for (or at least, appear to go for) on eBay.
    You think that's bad? You should see what a second-hand mass-produced (they make around a million of them every year) stainless steel Rolex goes for! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    You think that's bad? You should see what a second-hand mass-produced (they make around a million of them every year) stainless steel Rolex goes for! :-)
    I was trying to be uncontroversial...