closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Prs11 replace insert and click spring?

Hybrid View

Master

Prs11 replace insert and click spring?

The insert on my Prs11 is pretty battered and the bezel swings freely both ways so assume the ratchet spring has gone. Anyone with any tips on how to do this bearing in mind that I have never attempted this before. I have sourced a spring and insert from Frickers a few years ago but now it's time to act. Or is it a job for a watchmaker, if so any recommendations please.

I am not an expert and have no knowledge of that watch. I would normally remove a bezel with a case opening knife after puting tape on the case to prevent scratches. Some bezels have a small groove on the underside to aid removal. Often at the twelve o'clock position. Once the blade is in then just work it round until the bezel pops. If there is no seal on the new bezel then you will have to transfer the old one. A little bit of silicon grease on this will help getting the bezel back on. It's then a matter of fitting the spring, placing the bezel and pushing down firmly at one point and working your way round until it clicks in place. Be careful not to dislodge the spring. If you find the bezel doesn't turn then it's probably not in place properly even though it may look it. Some bezels can be very tight and I've had to resort to a case press to fit. If the bezel insert is not already fitted then I would fit this once the bezel is fitted to make sure it lines up properly. I'm sure others will tear me to shreds but that is how I would do it.

Master
    Thanks Kaffe for the detailed explanation, unfortunately I cannot even get the bezel off and do have a case knife albeit a cheap one, but am wary of butchering the watch. Guess I will have to take it to a watch repairer.

Wise to be safe. Easy to make a mess. Good luck.

Master
    Update. After some encouragement and tutorial from an esteemed member I decided to have a go and a great result was acheived. Many thanks for your invaluable advice. A couple of before and afters.

Good job. Well done. :)