closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Panerai Bronzo 968

Craftsman

Panerai Bronzo 968

I may have the oppertunity to buy this, list price is a whopping £14,300 though 😱

Would likely mean having to move 1 or possibly 2 watches on snd I’m not really a flipper (haven’t sold/flipped a single watch yet).

I don’t think they are as hard to come by as previous Bronzo’s but I really do like the look of it. If only it was a bit cheaper!

Would you take the plunge ?

I think only you can answer that.
    Do you wear the watches that would need to sell? Would you miss them?
    Personally I would not pay that money for any watch - It seems especially steep for one made of bronze.

I like Panerai, and I like bronze. However.... that is quite a price to pay, it's a big watch, and I would struggle to justify that. All that means nothing of course as it's your decision-I suppose just weigh up what you would miss about the other watches and make sure you have the wrist to justify the bold Panerai. Good luck.

Master
    I have a growing love for Panerai, and IMO there style does suit the bronze. That being said the RRP is ‘ambitious.’

Craftsman
    The size isn’t an issue as I’ve already got a 47mm BMG Tech which doesn’t wear much bigger than my 44mm panerais as sits much flatter to the wrist and not as bulky/top heavy

I wear all my watches and most have sentimental value or mark an occasion 30th bday, wedding, etc. I’m still not sure I can let one go.

I can’t help thinking it’s about £4-5k over priced and the RRP is so high because precious Bronzo’s have sky rocketed on the second hand market so panerai cashing in on this.

I’ve all but given up on Rolex and getting a Pepsi at list, AD I’ve used for years is now on their 4th manager and I can’t keep up.

I thought they were sold out and this may not materialise in the end.

Love the watch, just not sure I can justify such a huge outlay in the current climate.

If you like it and can afford it ,go for it ,I’m not sure what there future value will be,I’m not sure if there limited like the older ones .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PAM580 View Post
    I may have the oppertunity to buy this, list price is a whopping £14,300 though 

Would likely mean having to move 1 or possibly 2 watches on snd I’m not really a flipper (haven’t sold/flipped a single watch yet).

I don’t think they are as hard to come by as previous Bronzo’s but I really do like the look of it. If only it was a bit cheaper!

Would you take the plunge ?

Did you buy in the end. Seriously thinking of one for myself!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I also thought about the 47 bronzo but couldn’t get my head round the size. However a new blue dialled 42mm has just been announced. Lovely

Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    I also thought about the 47 bronzo but couldn’t get my head round the size. However a new blue dialled 42mm has just been announced. Lovely

Nice, but I'd rather stick to the 47mm

Master
    I was offered one by the London boutique a few moths ago but passed on it. Not sure about the "brown-ness" of it, and doubt if it will hold its value like the previous LE bronzos.

if you're going to spend that much on a 47mm bronzo either get the original 382 with the green dial or my personal favourite the 671 with the blue dial, slimmer case and better movement

Quote Originally Posted by mrpgkennedy View Post
    if you're going to spend that much on a 47mm bronzo either get the original 382 with the green dial or my personal favourite the 671 with the blue dial, slimmer case and better movement

And both much more expensive than the 968

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Paneraiseeker View Post
    And both much more expensive than the 968
    Yes. correct, but, you are paying for a limited numbers and despite me waiting and watching for values to fall to be able to get one they have not.

968 is normal production, i have already seen one at a grand off RRP at a dealer. I would buy a 968, i like them but absolutely not above RRP, i doubt very much at RRP and would need to be substantially less than RRP for me to be interested.

As for the 382 (my favourite) and the 671, i wish i had taken the plunge earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I think only you can answer that.
    Do you wear the watches that would need to sell? Would you miss them?
    Personally I would not pay that money for any watch - It seems especially steep for one made of bronze.
    Same for me. I know there's little rhyme or reason to it but bronze doesn't seem right at these prices.

I'm not a massive bronze fan to be fair.

I really like it and if it was a watch that I wanted then I would buy it. However, as others have mentioned the only person that can make that choice is you. If I was in your situation I would be thinking that if it's a standard model and non-LE then would I have the opportunity for a discount in a sale at some point, do I like it enough to pay that kind of money and is it a watch that I would hold on to or am I likely to sell it in time (if it's the latter then residuals should be a consideration).

Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post

671?

What strap is that?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowdon View Post
    671?

What strap is that?
    It’s the new blue dialed 42mm model 1074. Which is basically the same as the 671 but smaller.

Strap is a new release too, called vintage calf, will feather on some other new 2021 models from what I’ve seen.

Yep

671 is absolutely enormous. Comically big

Nice watch you have there. Enjoy.

Craftsman
    47mm doesn’t wear much bigger than 44mm. I passed on the bronzo in the end as just couldn’t justify the price.

my general advice for all these things is, especially if it's a stretch, buy the thing you really want, not almost the thing otherwise despite the expense you always look down at it and think if only i'd spent a little more

they don't wear that big, especially the 671 as it's about 2/3rds the thickness

The problem is the 382 was over subscribed because people really wanted it panerai controlled who got them hence relatively few are available and no one thought it would go up in value the way it did, the 507 ended up going to those who missed out on the 382, it was controlled who got it but many of those who wanted it, wanted it because it was worth so much, hence more are available and this applied even more so to the 671

just trivia the 382 and 507 came with the much better gloss varnished teak boxes which have a bronze key
    The original idea was to put a power reserve on the back of the 382, which moved to the front for the 507 ( they thought again about having it on the back)
    There are two other bronzos, the brown dial plain bezel london SE single model which was auctioned, there is a single black dial which was the first prototype, i suspect Frederick took it when he left panerai as he was the guy who made all the prototypes and had this amazing safe of almost models, before he left i had persuaded him to let me borrow the prototype 300 in titanium, but left before i could go collect it.- damn