closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Navigator

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed875 View Post
    Only thing I've noted on the slightly unusual side is leaving the watch on a hard surface, such as a wooden dresser, seems to notably amplify the movements 'tick'. I'm hard of hearing but its enough for me to notice it. Have a Marathon GG-W-113 with the very similar eta 2801-2 movement but this doesn't do this.
    I don’t think this is unusual - mine does it too, louder than some of my watches but not as loudly as my Rolex does. Weirdly, the Selitta does seem to have a similar ‘ringing’ sound though!

The only thing I did notice was that the first 1 or 2 times I wound it, it was so smooth I wondered if there was a problem. Now it’s settled in a bit the winding click is much more distinct and positive. Also, I’m getting a consistent +2 seconds every 24 hours or so, which is impressive.
    Last edited by Neil.Ldn; 27th November 2020 at 23:03.

Blog Entries
    No problems so far, touch wood, and I’m also impressed by the accuracy, two seconds fast in five days!
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.Ldn View Post
    I don’t think this is unusual - mine does it too, louder than some of my watches but not as loudly as my Rolex does. Weirdly, the Selitta does seem to have a similar ‘ringing’ sound though!

The only thing I did notice was that the first 1 or 2 times I wound it, it was so smooth I wondered if there was a problem. Now it’s settled in a bit the winding click is much more distinct and positive. Also, I’m getting a consistent +2 seconds every 24 hours or so, which is impressive.
    First watch I've noticed this phenomena, mind most of my mechanicals are ex military GS. However just an observation of what is a superb watch. Mine seems to have settled around -2 after initially varying between -2 and -6 p/d.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    No problems so far, touch wood, and I’m also impressed by the accuracy, two seconds fast in five days!
    The only problem that I have is pulling out the crown to hack and set. I had to work at pulling out the crown, but did get it and setting was fast and smooth as is winding the movement. Mine is actually dead on after 6 days which is just awesome. I am really loving this watch.

Journeyman
    I just love it. The only "issue" I am facing is the lug width because I don't have to many straps in that size :-) But some nice strap package should arrive soon :+)

Hello! Good job Eddie!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    That is really a bummer. You are the second one here in the forum that has had this issue. I hope that isn't a sign of things to come. I have not had any problem with winding mine. I did have an issue with hacking when pulling out the crown. It was a little hard to pull out all the way in order to hack and set the watch. After a couple of try's it worked just fine, but I will keep an eye on it.

I am sure that Eddie will be able to take care of it, but you will be without it for some time and I can imagine that will be hard. Best of luck.
    Is this something known for this movement? Hoping to buy tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zenius View Post
    Is this something known for this movement? Hoping to buy tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    It has probably nothing to do with the movement, it has to do with the winding stem is my guess. Quite annoying, but still only two so far.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Master

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by lughugger View Post

Hi. Is this the Joseph Bonnie? What are your thoughts on this bracelet please

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Master

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by jason.humphrey.180 View Post
    Hi. Is this the Joseph Bonnie? What are your thoughts on this bracelet please

Hi, Jason. This one’s actually the Forstner Klip. I had a bit of a battle to fit this first time but now have the technique down. Short version - It’s fabulous. So easily adjustable that comfort’’s never an issue. The clasp has been solid and secure so far.

Recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lughugger View Post
    Hi, Jason. This one’s actually the Forstner Klip. I had a bit of a battle to fit this first time but now have the technique down. Short version - It’s fabulous. So easily adjustable that comfort’’s never an issue. The clasp has been solid and secure so far.

Recommended.

Looks great. I bought that one yesterday. Ł20 off with BLKFRIDAY. I’d be interested to know your technique for fitting the bracelet. Might save me a lot of trouble once it has arrived.

Got the order confirmation just now! Happy days!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Well done - got confirmation for a PRS25 and am equally chuffed.

Can't remember who said about configuring Chrome to auto fill checkout but thanks.

White Navigator confirmed.
    Last edited by freeloader; 29th November 2020 at 15:16.

Navigator

15:17 CET F1 Race Bahrein lap 1 stopped (What an accident. That’s a miracle!) and ordering closed.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ginpopy; 29th November 2020 at 15:43.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Me too. Black Navigator, though I'm a wee bit nervous about the size.

Craftsman

Navigator

Congratulations to all who successfully placed an order today.

I wasn't quite so lucky. The site was understandably slow to load just before opening @1400hrs and then they were all gone!!

The question is will there be more in the spring? or was this a limited edition thing?

Happy holidays.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by kk View Post

I hop it works out ok but if its too small throw me a line :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxsash View Post
    I hop it works out ok but if its too small throw me a line :)
    Sure will do.

Navigator

After many years happy and glad and lucky and thankful to have ordered today a navigator.

After two purchases years ago (PRS-50B*and 300m Divers Watch PRS-14) both stupidly sold I am finally looking forward to own again and receive and wear and wind the new watch.

Thank you Eddie for your creations and hard work and reliability and high quality products.

All I wish a nice Sunday evening. Stay healthy. Cheers

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ginpopy; 29th November 2020 at 18:21.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kk View Post

Scratch that - mine was one of the 'over-orders'.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed875 View Post
    First watch I've noticed this phenomena, mind most of my mechanicals are ex military GS. However just an observation of what is a superb watch. Mine seems to have settled around -2 after initially varying between -2 and -6 p/d.
    Mine stayed at a steady -4 to -6 seconds/day on my wrist, which was a little too slow for me. I opened the back & nudged the regulator screw & it's now at +0.5 second/day.

Journeyman
    Just trying...

Quote Originally Posted by jpstorm View Post
    Just trying...

Is that a Speedmaster bracelet?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    Is that a Speedmaster bracelet?
    Seamaster Midsize 2252.50 from 2002

Quote Originally Posted by jpstorm View Post
    Seamaster Midsize 2252.50 from 2002
    Yes of course, 18mm lug width!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I love this Forstner Klip on the Navigator. It's a modern version of the classic Bonklip, which the original IWC Mark xi would have often been worn on back in the day. It seems fitting that a modern Mark xi homage be worn on a modern Bonklip homage.

What I like are that the strap is the same width as the end links. Bonklips were usually narrower than the end links which make it look too thin for my tastes. The clasp is spring loaded so more secure than the Bonklip. Also the polished tips of the end links, & of the bracelet links, plus the clasp, match the polished bezel on the watch. The brushed parts of the bracelet are a reasonable match for the brushed parts of the watch case.

Very comfortable & easy to fit thanks to tips from lughugger. And it was Ł20 off on Black Friday.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    I love this Forstner Klip on the Navigator. It's a modern version of the classic Bonklip, which the original IWC Mark xi would have often been worn on back in the day. It seems fitting that a modern Mark xi homage be worn on a modern Bonklip homage.

What I like are that the strap is the same width as the end links. Bonklips were usually narrower than the end links which make it look too thin for my tastes. The clasp is spring loaded so more secure than the Bonklip. Also the polished tips of the end links, & of the bracelet links, plus the clasp, match the polished bezel on the watch. The brushed parts of the bracelet are a reasonable match for the brushed parts of the watch case.

Very comfortable & easy to fit thanks to tips from lughugger. And it was Ł20 off on Black Friday.

Looks great. That arrived quickly

Craftsman
    It does look really good on that bracelet. There are a few interesting ideas on here for straps and bracelets for the navigator. I do like the deployant clasp that it comes on but i'm not sure it works so well with my skinny wrists, so i might need to try some alternative straps.

Quote Originally Posted by jason.humphrey.180 View Post
    Looks great. That arrived quickly

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by benshep View Post
    It does look really good on that bracelet. There are a few interesting ideas on here for straps and bracelets for the navigator. I do like the deployant clasp that it comes on but i'm not sure it works so well with my skinny wrists, so i might need to try some alternative straps.
    I've got the Joseph Bonnie bonklip coming, a pig skin strap from somewhere and a couple of NATO's from CWC with the broad arrow stamped on it. Some will be Xmas presents to put away.

Master
    If anyone's put the Navigator on a mesh, I'd love to see it.

TIA

Mine arrived today. It is lovely and actually the design indicates borderline obsessive attention to detail from the designer as the package is just so coherent with lots of nice details that made the watch just that bit better. This watch took a while to get right I'd imagine - it isn't an 'off the shelf' design at all.

The long lugs make the watch wear better IMHO. As I have fat wrists the supplied leather on deployant doesn't quite sit properly for me so i've treated it to a high quality Bulang & Sons Italian leather nato which is inbound. Once that is here and fitted I'll share images.

Very happy with the watch.

Blog Entries
    Lucky man, Ryan, you got one from the second 30min frenzy. I really enjoy wearing mine, I hope yours is as ultra precise as mine.

Craftsman
    Posting here in case it helps anyone with the OEM strap.....

Love the strap and the clasp is good quality but it doesn't sit well on my 6˝" wrist either.

I swapped the clasp for an 18mm butterfly clasp I already had on a strap from Steveostraps. It's got a smaller 'footprint' on the inside of my wrist.

The existing keeper does it's job and the change of clasp makes the strap really wearable for me.

I'm wearing it on the 3rd tightest hole.

I had a look on Cousins UK and the clasp I have looks just like this one at Ł7.50 but I've also seen similar on eBay.

Master
    Issues with a clasp are usually little to do with the clasp design itself and more often with the length of the short piece of the strap, and where it sites the clasp on the wrist.

Anyway I'm just bummed reading these having been one of the people whose 'over-order' was cancelled.

Journeyman
    I followed Jason's suggestions about the buckle and changed the original for the one (similar type) he referred to. Can confirm, that (to my wrist) the fit is now just perfect.
    Thanks Jason!

Odesláno z mého BBF100-6 pomocí Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Navigating through Friday :-)

White dial arrived today.

Now in decontam/quarantine until Sunday 🙄

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by hondzax View Post
    I followed Jason's suggestions about the buckle and changed the original for the one (similar type) he referred to. Can confirm, that (to my wrist) the fit is now just perfect.
    Thanks Jason!

Good stuff.

Apprentice
    With the advent of colder weather, decided to swap out the Forstner Klip for their new beads of rice.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by drunken-gmt-master View Post
    With the advent of colder weather, decided to swap out the Forstner Klip for their new beads of rice.

Great look, I have put mine on a olive green Barton Elite silicone band and it looks real good. I am loving this watch, Eddie sure out did himself with the Navigator. Hope you are enjoying yours, looks as though you are.

On a Bulang and Sons Italian Leather Nato

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'm in the small wrist club (6.5") deployment isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be from others comments, though I'll no doubt be swapping the strap in the near future.

Journeyman

White!

Quote Originally Posted by freeloader View Post
    I'm in the small wrist club (6.5") deployment isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be from others comments, though I'll no doubt be swapping the strap in the near future.

Looks damn good. I've got the black (and 2 more white-dial Smiths), so it's always a struggle!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by freeloader View Post

Looks great that white dial version. Enjoy! I’m also enjoying seeing others’ straps for this beauty of a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by davidzet View Post
    Looks damn good. I've got the black (and 2 more white-dial Smiths), so it's always a struggle!
    Haha I'm the same now, Navigator and AM but I'll still be going for the Single Pusher Chrono next year depending on cost?

Quote Originally Posted by benshep View Post
    Looks great that white dial version. Enjoy! I’m also enjoying seeing others’ straps for this beauty of a watch.
    I remembered I'd got a butterfly deployment on a Steinhart strap so I've fitted that. As Jason H says they're a much better fit for smaller wrists.
    Last edited by freeloader; 7th December 2020 at 22:28.

Apprentice
    Ok barton silicon
    Hope it's not blasphemy.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by allanzzz View Post
    Ok barton silicon
    Hope it's not blasphemy.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk
    Great looking watch. I have the black dialed variant on a olive green Barton's and have to say it looks and wears great. Have a tan one but am saving that for my new Timor Heritage Field watch due in any day now. Enjoy, its such a great watch that Eddie has designed, and accurate to, mine is running +/- 1 second a day after almost 3 weeks.