timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Navigator

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    I'm a proud owner as of today.

Canˋt wait anymore!

I am a very, very, very happy camper. Serial number ends in my boats/cars racing number as well, which is nice. Lucky 13. Maybe I’ll win something next season if I’m wearing this one....

Quote Originally Posted by Synthpunk View Post
    I am a very, very, very happy camper. Serial number ends in my boats/cars racing number as well, which is nice. Lucky 13. Maybe I’ll win something next season if I’m wearing this one....
    Looks great on the bonklip, is this a vintage one off the bay?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by allanzzz View Post
    is there only 1 colour of strap? both my black and ivory seems to have the same colour strap.
    The differenceis subtle; one has a hint of olive and the other has a hint of khaki.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Blog Entries
    Some lovely pics gents, I'm curious how the clasp will fit my "mid-size" wrist.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Journeyman
    Very happy with it.
    The crown is a very good size for a manual wind, the positioning of the lugs holes are perfect with a two pieces strap and also work well with a nato.
    Mine is averaging minus 0,2 sec in the last five days and the look of it... Seriously this is superb!

image heberger

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by fogar View Post
    I'm not sure a Bonklip will fit, considering my seatbelt nato barely fits through the gap between the spring bar and the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunken-gmt-master View Post
    We shall see soon enough (just received the shipping notification), but if the PRS-29A is any guide, there will be room to spare w/no rubbing between the Klip's endlinks & the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed875 View Post
    Yes be interesting to see a comparison as I let my 29a go to fund the Nav purchase, however the spring bars on the Nav do seem pretty close to the case body hence staying with a two piece alternative strap option myself.
    It fits fine. As with the PRS-29A, there's no contact between the Klip's endlinks & the PRS-48's case.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamaw View Post
    Very happy with it.
    The crown is a very good size for a manual wind, the positioning of the lugs holes are perfect with a two pieces strap and also work well with a nato.
    Mine is averaging minus 0,2 sec in the last five days and the look of it... Seriously this is superb!

image heberger
    Nice combo!

Quote Originally Posted by Nastadon View Post
    Looks great on the bonklip, is this a vintage one off the bay?

Yes, its a NOS CW one. I think they might have been indian made, you certainly see alot of them on West End Watch co watches.
    I think i might ask santa for one of the new Joseph Bonnie bonklips for chrimble.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by drunken-gmt-master View Post
    It fits fine. As with the PRS-29A, there's no contact between the Klip's endlinks & the PRS-48's case.

Thanks and a great combo

Apprentice

Navigator

Mine arrived yesterday. A beautiful watch with really outstanding clarity. I particularly appreciate the way the minute hand tapers gracefully like I see on the original. That’s a detail that you don’t typically see on a watch at this price point.

Remarkably quick shipping as well considering I had to go 1v1 with my bank card to get authorization and was almost certainly close to the end of the line.

Great job all around!

Edit: Decided to try this on the NATO that came with my 29AM. One of the nicest NATOs I’ve seen and I’m glad I got the chance to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Deacon211; 20th November 2020 at 20:28.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon211 View Post

Mine arrived yesterday. A beautiful watch with really outstanding clarity. I particularly appreciate the way the minute hand tapers gracefully like I see on the original. That’s a detail that you don’t typically see on a watch at this price point.

Remarkably quick shipping as well considering I had to go 1v1 with my bank card to get authorization and was almost certainly close to the end of the line.

Great job all around!

Edit: Decided to try this on the NATO that came with my 29AM. One of the nicest NATOs I’ve seen and I’m glad I got the chance to use it.
    Looks great! I will also try this nato or maybe the Palma Pacific perlon from Eulit.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamaw View Post
    Very happy with it.

image heberger
    Totally agree about the crown on the Navigator. I always want a good size crown, especially on a manual wind watch. I set mine 3 day's ago and as of this morning mine was running dead on, that is so awesome.
    Last edited by kneadking; 21st November 2020 at 07:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Mine arrived just now. My original plan was to wait until Christmas to open it but I just couldn’t wait! What a fantastic watch and overall package....value for money is absolutely amazing.

That's still my plan and working for now. All seals on the box and it's been two days.

Quote Originally Posted by rem View Post
    That's still my plan and working for now. All seals on the box and it's been two days.
    You are a stronger person than me!

Master
    Blog Entries
    1948 IWC Mark xi & 2020 Navigator

Blog Entries
    Did the IWC case have any changes at all during its long production?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    Did the IWC case have any changes at all during its long production?
    I don’t think so. It was only produced from 1948 to 1952. Watches from those 4 years of production were still being issued up to 1981 when it was finally decommissioned

Today Navigator on an old Expandro (1960s).

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by linus. View Post

Nice! (Sehr schön)

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post

Nice to have both.

I just received mine today and don't have pics yet, but … and here's a stupid question… what is the purpose of the keeper on the buckle side?

I'm struggling to get a decent fit and the keeper is distracting me into thinking I'm doing something wrong?

I really want to stick with Smiths clasp and strap so any tips for how to wear it comfortably? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I just received mine today and don't have pics yet, but … and here's a stupid question… what is the purpose of the keeper on the buckle side?

I'm struggling to get a decent fit and the keeper is distracting me into thinking I'm doing something wrong?

I really want to stick with Smiths clasp and strap so any tips for how to wear it comfortably? Thanks.
    As I understand it, those who have small wrists are able to pull the keeper over both the strap and the deployant to sort of keep it all tidy, Eddie did explain it maybe in this very thread.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Have you a link to the light brown strap? Please.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    As I understand it, those who have small wrists are able to pull the keeper over both the strap and the deployant to sort of keep it all tidy, Eddie did explain it maybe in this very thread.
    Thanks. I did look but must have missed it. I'll retrace my steps.

Thanks. I did look but must have missed it. I'll retrace my steps.
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Navigator deployment clasp -- how is this supposed to fit?
    Last edited by number2; 21st November 2020 at 12:13.

I've taken a look and can't find it, perhaps someone could help?
    I got the bit where he mentions pinching it to fit the clasp but someone else mentions the keeper and what it’s for.

I’ll fiddle around with it and see. I might take it off altogether like someone else has done on this thread.

I got the bit where he mentions pinching it to fit the clasp but someone else mentions the keeper and what it’s for.

I’ll fiddle around with it and see. I might take it off altogether like someone else has done on this thread.
    #176 in the link Eddie explains the use of the keeper.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    Totally agree about the crown on the Navigator. I always want a good size crown, especially on a manual wind watch. I set mine 3 day's ago and as of this morning mine was running dead on, that is so awesome.
    The fact that you have to interact every day with your watch, the winding experience must be satisfactory.
    For comparison, as much as I love the Speedmaster Professional, the winding is horrible. The crown is difficult to grip and therefore to turn.

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by linus. View Post

Amazing bracelet!

Quote Originally Posted by jpstorm View Post
    Nice! (Sehr schön)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastadon View Post
    Amazing bracelet!
    Thank you.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Hi, no sorry. I just found it in my watch drawer. It looks quite nice on that strap though.

I couldn't get the keeper on the supplied OEM strap to slide over the loose end when the deployant was done up & had to change the strap to whatever I had available.

I'm considering fitting a Forstner Klip modern Bonklip to the watch. Just waiting to see if they do a Black Friday deal!

Mine arrived today courtesy of member Ripley…

(nice water smudge at 11 )

And after some fiddling with the clasp, I'm between holes so it's either too tight or it leaves a bendy space between wrist and strap:

I guess I'll have to use a standard strap, or try another deployant strap with a longer 12 o'clock piece to move the clasp more to the centre of my wrist.

I so wanted the strap/clasp to fit because I think it really suits it. I might try this from Sectime:

Looks the business on a Nato. Just wondering if Eddie would sell with a Nato instead?

Master
    Blog Entries
    The strap says I W Suisse on the back. There’s something similar by that maker on eBay

Master
    I was order number RC24161216 on 8th November. I wasn’t as quick as others here and it took me all of four minutes to complete my order when the shop opened. Got the two emails and the payment was pending on my credit card for several days after before it disappeared. I’m assuming now that I’ve missed the boat this time around. Not complaining, it’s just one of those things and at least it keeps my collection down to three. Maybe I’ll try again next Sunday.

Blog Entries
    I don’t think so. It was only produced from 1948 to 1952. Watches from those 4 years of production were still being issued up to 1981 when it was finally decommissioned
    Thanks, I thought it was in production up to 1981 but I was clearly wrong.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    I was order number RC24161216 on 8th November. I wasn’t as quick as others here and it took me all of four minutes to complete my order when the shop opened. Got the two emails and the payment was pending on my credit card for several days after before it disappeared. I’m assuming now that I’ve missed the boat this time around. Not complaining, it’s just one of those things and at least it keeps my collection down to three. Maybe I’ll try again next Sunday.
    Eddie has stated that no orders were cancelled and you received both of your emails so I just think Eddie has not gotten to your order yet. I would email him and ask for an update. I would imagine that your order will be coming this week.

Apprentice
    My order is #1193 and I got a UPS shipping notification yesterday.

Journeyman
    First no. was RC24160926. You order number ist about 300 higher. Eddie needs 3 weeks sending all watches. So aprox. 120 a week. You can count yourself. My number is RC24161218! Don‘t panic.

Sorry for my english.
    Last edited by jpstorm; 22nd November 2020 at 10:39.

I couldn’t quite get a comfortable fit with the strap on its deployment, so I tried bending and twisting each side in the middle (between lug and clasp), to make it a little more supple. Worked a treat.

As for the keeper, it will side over the strap and buckle a lurker easier after a few days, and easily after 4-5.

Like shoe leather, needs a bit of wearing in.

I've just started packing today and the first number is RC24161201.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I've just started packing today and the first number is RC24161201.

Eddie
    Not far away from 218!

That's better …

I tried it on a vintage leather NATO but the lug holes are too high, which creates a weird shape as the strap passes over the springbar.

I'll see what the Sectime strap looks like when it arrives but I've given up on the deployant – too tight or too loose and a 5-minute battle to get the keeper over the clasp and strap every time. Forget it

Strap aside, what a stunning little watch

Craftsman
    That's better …

I tried it on a vintage leather NATO but the lug holes are too high, which creates a weird shape as the strap passes over the springbar.

I'll see what the Sectime strap looks like when it arrives but I've given up on the deployant – too tight or too loose and a 5-minute battle to get the keeper over the clasp and strap every time. Forget it

Strap aside, what a stunning little watch
    That really looks good on that Brown leather strap. I put mine on a black Barton Elite silicone strap. I took my leather/deployment strap right off and put it away in my drawer. Enjoy.

Journeyman
    if the strap and deployant is too tight or too loose, then punch a new buckle hole into the strap. I do this all of the time with mine.

Journeyman
    Yes! Got my despatch note. RC24161218.

Thanks Eddie.

Does anyone know why the MkXi had lumed markers only at 12,3,6 & 9 ?

Journeyman

Eddie, you are fantastic.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogdensnut View Post
    Does anyone know why the MkXi had lumed markers only at 12,3,6 & 9 ?

TZ-UK mobile app
    Look at post #166.