closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Navigator

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    I was order number RC24161216. Had the two emails at the time of order. The Sagepay one confirmed the payment was pending. Ive now checked my bank account and the pending transaction has disappeared. My card hasnt been debited, either. If it pans out that Ive missed the cut on this occasion then no problem. Some you win, some you dont.
    Hmm, same situation here. Got 2 confirmations on Nov 8 and now I see that my transaction was reverted. This doesn't look like a good sign to me but I'll still keep my fingers crossed.

Anyone else had the same experience, folks?

Quote Originally Posted by alx.lago View Post
    Hmm, same situation here. Got 2 confirmations on Nov 8 and now I see that my transaction was reverted. This doesn't look like a good sign to me but I'll still keep my fingers crossed.

Anyone else had the same experience, folks?

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    There are no cancelled orders this time.

Eddie

The secret to adjusting the strap/clasp on the supplied strap is not to try to feed the tail of the strap through but to position it and then pinch the sides of the strap to slide it into the recess on the clasp before locating the peg in the appropriate hole.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Hang in there folks

My order was ending in 267 - and payment confirmation received both from Sagepay and Eddie within 10mins. My credit card was also charged within the few minutes after the emails too.

Eddie has already mentioned that all orders would be fulfilled, so that's a great reassurance to all.

I'm located in Singapore btw, so am expecting a long haul flight for my Navigator, but will be waiting patiently for it. Let's all hang in there guys, am sure it'll be worth it!

Mine arrived just now. My original plan was to wait until Christmas to open it but I just couldnt wait! What a fantastic watch and overall package....value for money is absolutely amazing.

Master
    Very impressed with the lume on these. It's my first experience with "X1-C3". There is enough glow to be able to tell the time the whole night through - very good! Much better than one particular 'luxury' brand whose name I won't mention - who may as well not have bothered!

The Navigator with #1044/20 has found its way to Bremen.

That one will never leave me. Congratulations Mr. Platts. What a beautiful timepiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.Ldn View Post
    Very impressed with the lume on these. It's my first experience with "X1-C3". There is enough glow to be able to tell the time the whole night through - very good! Much better than one particular 'luxury' brand whose name I won't mention - who may as well not have bothered!

Not a particularly encouraging photo
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by linus. View Post
    The Navigator with #1044/20 has found its way to Bremen.

That one will never leave me. Congratulations Mr. Platts. What a beautiful timepiece.
    Looks superb! Great photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you.

I do like your Everest acrylic crystal modding as well. Looks absolutely superb.

Quote Originally Posted by linus. View Post
    Thank you.

I do like your Everest acrylic crystal modding as well. Looks absolutely superb.
    Thank you

Craftsman

I have been wearing mine on a black NATO, very comfortable.

I will compare it later in the week with my PRS-53

Its a lovely watch

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by fogar View Post

My only concern is with the lug holes, that were placed too high on the lugs IMHO.
    Otherwise, a perfect watch.
    If the holes were placed lower and further back (as per the original) then you will be seeing too much of the metal of the inside of the lugs making it look, well... agricultural.

With way it's been done, the strap rides high and creates a smooth interphase with lugs. It shows experience in watchmaking.
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    I will compare it later in the week with my PRS-53

Its a lovely watch

Pete

Really interested in this comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    If the holes were placed lower and further back (as per the original) then you will be seeing too much of the metal of the inside of the lugs making it look, well... agricultural.

With way it's been done, the strap rides high and creates a smooth interphase with lugs. It shows experience in watchmaking.
    It looks better than the original on leather straps, I can give you that. But as a military-inspired watch, it looks a bit weird on natos and the lug holes are so far away that taking the spring bars out from the back of the case is too hard and too prone to scratches. I know some people don't really care about that, but I do.

Apprentice
    Personally I don't mind seeing a bit of steel between the lugs. It would add to the depth and dimension and tooliness of the case.

I see how that snugs up two-piece straps against the case but it leaves pass-through straps looking awkward in profile... see GIF. The placement is a minor gripe though; the oddness of it just adds to the personality of the watch. Still a winner.

Edit: After seeing the pics side by side, fixing the hole placement definitely robs the watch of some character.
    Last edited by Cabalu; 17th November 2020 at 21:21.

Craftsman
    Noticed the high spring bar mounts, so while I would have ordinarily put this type of watch on a NATO, this time I'm looking at using a standard two piece leather strap other than the one supplied, which from the photos at least looks a bit chunky for my tastes particularly with a clasp.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed875 View Post
    Noticed the high spring bar mounts, so while I would have ordinarily put this type of watch on a NATO, this time I'm looking at using a standard two piece leather strap other than the one supplied, which from the photos at least looks a bit chunky for my tastes particularly with a clasp.
    Didn't get to look at the Nav until finishing work with its late arrival. Superb creation and superior design to the current PRS-29a which I recently let go to fund this purchase.

As discussed the spring bars do feel and look a little out of position within the lugs, but a very minor point in what is otherwise a beautiful quality watch, particularly impressed with the crystal which is probably the best sapphire type I've seen on a field watch, reminiscent of the OEM acrylic found on the Hamilton/CWC tonneau W10.

Dropped the factory strap straight away to try a new handmade Geckota which I feel works very well with this watch; night shot under artificial light so not the best.

Thank you Eddie for producing such an excellent watch; could almost be convinced its a long lost NOS Mk XI from 1950
    Last edited by Ed875; 17th November 2020 at 23:37.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by allanzzz View Post
    will anyone try to find a fitting endlinks and bracelet for this watch? For those that really like bracelet.
    IMHO, the most appropriate bracelet for the PRS-48 would be a Bonklip or similar (as pictured on the A.F.0210. page here), not a dive/Oyster-type w/endlinks, etc. I don't have a vintage Bonklip, but plan on putting mine on a modern Forstner Klip, which is ladder/clip type bracelet w/a more modern width.

Here it is on my PRS-29A:

Craftsman
    Received my Navigator on Monday am and after removing the factory strap I now have it on a black Barton's Elite silicone strap which I must say looks right at home on the Navigator. I like the location of the drilled lug holes because the strap pars up nicely with the top lines of the lugs which I must say look even better in person on my wrist than in the pictures.

I was unsure about the size of the crown in the pictures but after winding and setting the Navigator I have to say that I am very pleased with the size of the crown which is the reason I sold my PRS-29a due to the crown being just a bit small and a little hard to wind at times, which the Navigator certainly is not.

After a 24 hour check on accuracy I am at around +4-5 seconds which I am sure will settle in after some time on the wrist, but I will not complain about that accuracy at all.

Bottom line is that this IMHO is probably one of the best watches Eddie has designed to date and it surely shows in all the small details.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalu View Post

The Navigator on my tiny wrist. My sweet spot is around 33x40mm so I'm pushing out of my comfort zone here...

But oh, so worth it. Such a charming case in the flesh. And that box crystal! Character.

Does the movement have a ghost date? I feel a subtle detent when pulling out the crown.

While I didn't think the supplied strap would fit I at least wanted to try it out. However I couldn't figure out how to pass the leather through without mangling it so I didn't even try.

Going with the strap pictured for now. Nothing quite as light and aero as Perlon. It does however make the watch top-heavy and a bit unnerving to take off. If you've worn it, you know what I mean.

The lug hole placement does make one-piece straps sit awkwardly but there could be a good reason for that. Minor gripe.

If you're interested, I started an Instagram account for small watches that fit a bit large on my wrist: @less.than.six

Lastly, thanks Eddie. The Navigator is a winner.
    Great picture of the Navigator in the city of brotherly love. I received mine on Monday am and am very pleased with it. I can see you went for the perlon look as I have put mine on a black Barton's Elite silicone strap which looks right at home on the Navigator.

I believe you and I are probably the first to get our Navigator's here in the States. I live in the Mid-Michigan area. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I am mine.

Well, mine landed yesterday and the design and fit and finish are sublime
    Eddies really knocked it out of the park with this one!
    I was so blown away with the design that I kind of overlooked the size, telling myself that smaller is the way forward, sadly I don’t think I’m going to wear it much- so what would you guys do? Let it go to Sc, wait for a wtb? Or sit on it and hope your wrist gets smaller? (currently just over 7.5”) better it goes to someone who will wear it I suppose.
    STOP PRESS! NEW HOME FOUND!!!
    Last edited by GOAT; 18th November 2020 at 10:56.

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    I was so blown away with the design that I kind of overlooked the size, telling myself that smaller is the way forward, sadly I dont think Im going to wear it much- so what would you guys do? Let it go to Sc, wait for a wtb? Or sit on it and hope your wrist gets smaller?😁 (currently just over 7.5) better it goes to someone who will wear it I suppose.
    Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    I was so blown away with the design that I kind of overlooked the size, telling myself that smaller is the way forward, sadly I dont think Im going to wear it much- so what would you guys do? Let it go to Sc, wait for a wtb? Or sit on it and hope your wrist gets smaller?😁 (currently just over 7.5) better it goes to someone who will wear it I suppose.
    Sell it to me...

Seriously though, wear it for a whole week and nothing else. I wore 42-45mm watches for years, bought and sold 3 of the original PRS-29As before realising that a 36mm watch was actually not too small, but in fact perfect.

Dropped the factory strap straight away to try a new handmade Geckota which I feel works very well with this watch; night shot under artificial light so not the best.

The strap looks perfect, could I trouble you for a link?

Apprentice
    I'm wearing mine since Friday. It such a nice watch. The build quality is amazing for the price. The clasp is also high quality. If you consider that other manufacturers ask nearly as much for the clasp as the Navigator costs in total. I'm blown away by the quality of this time piece. Eddie you knocked this one out of the park. I have nothing to complain about. I'm also thinking about picking up a bonklip style bracelet for the hotter days. Does anybody have any recommendations for a good brand? I looked at Frostner and Joseph Bonnie. Does anyone have any more pictures of the white dial version? Seriously thinking about picking this one up as well.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    The strap looks perfect, could I trouble you for a link?
    No problem;

https://www.watchgecko.com/contoured...er-watch-strap

will need a pair of standard size spring bars to go with.

or the quick release version;

https://www.watchgecko.com/contoured...se-watch-strap

Otherwise keep an eye out with this seller on eb where I got mine for a tenner

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/aduni5131...88.m1543.l2654

Quote Originally Posted by drunken-gmt-master View Post
    IMHO, the most appropriate bracelet for the PRS-48 would be a Bonklip or similar (as pictured on the A.F.0210. page here), not a dive/Oyster-type w/endlinks, etc. I don't have a vintage Bonklip, but plan on putting mine on a modern Forstner Klip, which is ladder/clip type bracelet w/a more modern width.
    I'm not sure a Bonklip will fit, considering my seatbelt nato barely fits through the gap between the spring bar and the case.

Top chap - thanks.

Journeyman
    Just arrived. Looks awesome :-)

Master
    Arrived and on to a Barton canvas in smoke grey

with quick release springbars.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by fogar View Post
    I'm not sure a Bonklip will fit, considering my seatbelt nato barely fits through the gap between the spring bar and the case.
    We shall see soon enough (just received the shipping notification), but if the PRS-29A is any guide, there will be room to spare w/no rubbing between the Klip's endlinks & the case.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by drunken-gmt-master View Post
    We shall see soon enough (just received the shipping notification), but if the PRS-29A is any guide, there will be room to spare w/no rubbing between the Klip's endlinks & the case.
    Yes be interesting to see a comparison as I let my 29a go to fund the Nav purchase, however the spring bars on the Nav do seem pretty close to the case body hence staying with a two piece alternative strap option myself.

Master
    The springbars supplied with the Navigator are quite fat - and actually very nice. However I've put some narrower ones it - it does give a little more room - especially for chunkier Nato's.

Come on now folks, don't be shy...

Where are the proud cream dialled navigator owners?

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

Watch. Compass. Map. A Navigating we shall go.

Quote Originally Posted by OldHooky View Post

Watch. Compass. Map. A Navigating we shall go.
    Wonderful shot!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by nickyboyo View Post
    Come on now folks, don't be shy...

Where are the proud cream dialled navigator owners?

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk
    I also wonder... . cause for my cream dial navi I'm still waiting for shipment notice and very curious about live photos..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by kakefe View Post
    I also wonder... . cause for my cream dial navi I'm still waiting for shipment notice and very curious about live photos..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using TZ-UK mobile app
    Indeed - waiting to see what alternative straps other use so I can get something ordered before mine arrives ....

Cream dial arrived

Quote Originally Posted by inspector gadget View Post
    Cream dial arrived

Thats just teasing us!!!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattcurry View Post
    Really interested in this comparison.

A couple of quick iPhone shots of the PRS-48 Navigator alongside the PRS-53, probably its closest relative in the Timefactors range

Apprentice
    Just arrived, sadly the clasp won't fit well for wrist below 7" I think

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    I did get my shipping notice today, but with the weekend in between it will be monday before I get it.

Great present to brighten up a dull monday though
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by allanzzz View Post
    Just arrived, sadly the clasp won't fit well for wrist below 7" I think

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Now that's just being greedy 😉

Master
    I'm a proud owner as of today.

Even nicer than I expected - it looks immaculately finished. The box sapphire is lovely. The winding is silky smooth, ditto setting the hands.

I've long thought of the Mk II as my dream watch - just the right size, no date, handwound, simple. This one and my 29a are definitely as good as it's going to get.

The strap is nice for what it is but I've never been a fan of the stitch-near-the-lugs style and the deployant is a bit awkward on my wrist. I think it will be wearing a more formal black leather soon. Perhaps brown.
    Last edited by monogroover; 20th November 2020 at 15:40.

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    I'm a proud owner as of today.

Even nicer than I expected - it looks immaculately finished. The box sapphire is lovely. The winding is silky smooth, ditto setting the hands.

I've long thought of the Mk II as my dream watch - just the right size, no date, handwound, simple. This one and my 29a are definitely as good as it's going to get.

The strap is nice for what it is but I've never been a fan of the stitch-near-the-lugs style and the deployant is a bit awkward on my wrist. I think it will be wearing a more formal black leather soon. Perhaps brown.
    Well would you look at that - superb photo.

Cream for tea anyone?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by inspector gadget View Post
    Cream for tea anyone?

Super Fotos.

Apprentice
    is there only 1 colour of strap? both my black and ivory seems to have the same colour strap.