closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Navigator

Journeyman
    So it looks like I have missed out on the black dial xi navigator, I had been hoping to snag one in January. Does anyone know if any more have been ordered and when likely to be back in stock? Much obliged

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jason.humphrey.180 View Post
    Trying it on a bund from Steveostraps

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Loving that. Is that the Fury bund from Steveostraps?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastadon View Post
    Loving that. Is that the Fury bund from Steveostraps?

Yes, that's the one. It's too thick to feed between the spring bars and the case so I offer up the strap to the case, then put the bars on.

Apprentice

Navigator

To each their own of course, and I too thought 36mm was too small at first, but I’ve come to find this size as perfectly wearable. I also like that it can be much less obtrusive than larger watches at times.

7.25in wrist. 6’1”, 220lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Deacon211; 24th December 2020 at 13:22.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon211 View Post
    To each their own of course, and I too thought 36mm was too small at first, but I’ve come to find this size as perfectly wearable. I also like that it can be much less obtrusive than larger watches at times.

7.25in wrist. 6’1”, 220lbs

I second that motion. I am loving my Navigator more and more each day. I have a 7 inch wrist and find that a 36mm fits perfectly although you also have to take the lug to lug length into the equation. If you put a real long lug to lug on a 36mm it does change the overall feel of the watch. I had hesitation originally on the Navigator because Eddie's print showed a 48mm lug to lug which I just didn't like but really love the 46.4mm that it has.

Journeyman
    Mine has now landed too:

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by hbr245b View Post
    Mine has now landed too:

That white is a great looking piece!

Wear it in good health!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon211 View Post
    That white is a great looking piece!

Wear it in good health!

The black dial does seem to be more popular but there’s just something about the cream dial that I love (I also own a cream Everest)

Craftsman
    I know I'm late ti the party. Heres my recently acquired Navigator. I wanted to show a comparison with the Pro 29a and 25 too,.
    Apologies for my imitation Pro 25...but you get the idea. Im not sure if this picture will show but Ill give it a go.

Apprentice

WTB! (Black Dial PRS-48 Navigator)

Mine has now landed too:

Oh man... that's just lovely. I unfortunately unsubscribed from Eddie's email list a couple years back (a bad move) and didn't know he was coming out with a Mk 11 re-issue, and so I've missed out on the black dial version which would have been my first choice over the white dial. If anyone changes their mind for wrist size reasons or whatever, I'd like to get in line for a pre-loved PRS-48 black dial!

I'm new to TZ-UK, but not new to collecting. Happy New Year!

Craftsman
    Don't get the Joseph Bonnie for the Navigator.
    I ordered one as I thought it looked more authentic than the Forstner.
    Ordered 30th November, chased 14th December, arrived 29th December.

Unfortunately though it won't fit the watch. The end-links have been crudely altered (I presume from a 20mm JB klip) but parts of the bracelet right next to the end-links are bigger than 18mm so it won't fit between the lugs (pic1)
    Pics 2 and 3 show the jagged end-links.

I did have a good go at fitting it, using a couple of different types of spring bar but gave up after an hour of trying and realising I was starting to mark the lugs.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxsash View Post
    I know I'm late ti the party. Heres my recently acquired Navigator. I wanted to show a comparison with the Pro 29a and 25 too,.
    Apologies for my imitation Pro 25...but you get the idea. Im not sure if this picture will show but Ill give it a go.
    I can tell the 29a and Navigator for sure, but did you say something about the Everest which I don't see, but you mentioned a imitation pro 25, or is the watch in the middle a Fake, because if it says Rolex on the dial but is not then its a fake, not a imitation or homage.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by airnav99 View Post
    Oh man... that's just lovely. I unfortunately unsubscribed from Eddie's email list a couple years back (a bad move) and didn't know he was coming out with a Mk 11 re-issue, and so I've missed out on the black dial version which would have been my first choice over the white dial. If anyone changes their mind for wrist size reasons or whatever, I'd like to get in line for a pre-loved PRS-48 black dial!

I'm new to TZ-UK, but not new to collecting. Happy New Year!
    There was one on Sales Corner on the forum but I am not sure if you can do anything there because you don't have enough post on the forum. You could keep an eye on Ebay but you would probably have to get pretty lucky there also. I would suggest subscribing to the email notification that Eddie sends out with info about store openings and what new that will be available.

I would imagine he will be getting some more stock in but when I have no idea. I was fortunate and got mine the first go around and its not going anywhere but on my wrist, yes its that good and well worth the wait.

Craftsman
    Apologies for my pun. It was a visual joke but the pictures don't show up for some reason. I don't have an prs25 explorer but the watch in the middle of the picture of my genuine Rolex explorer 114270.

I think side by side comparisons are really useful to get an idea of the new watch if you haven't one in your hand. I was hoping to get a pro 25 as it is a 1016 homage. If anyone has all three a side by side would be fun to see.

I wonder out of the three which are favoured the most too?

Thanks for your question :)

Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    I can tell the 29a and Navigator for sure, but did you say something about the Everest which I don't see, but you mentioned a imitation pro 25, or is the watch in the middle a Fake, because if it says Rolex on the dial but is not then its a fake, not a imitation or homage.

The black dial does seem to be more popular but there’s just something about the cream dial that I love (I also own a cream Everest)
    Cream is going to look sweet in summer...
    Remember summer?

Craftsman

Unfortunately though it won't fit the watch. The end-links have been crudely altered (I presume from a 20mm JB klip) but parts of the bracelet right next to the end-links are bigger than 18mm so it won't fit between the lugs (pic1)

I did have a good go at fitting it, using a couple of different types of spring bar but gave up after an hour of trying and realising I was starting to mark the lugs.

That's disappointing. I was planning on buying a 18mm JB for my PRS-1.

I have a 20mm JB and I see what you mean, they have trimmed the end fittings to 18mm but used the same links as the 20mm band. The 'joining links' are 19mm wide so obviously they won't fit inside a 18mm lug. The cut-outs shown for spring bar access are very poor quality, is that how it came or after your fettling? Time for a redesign Mr. JB

Terry

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    That's disappointing. I was planning on buying a 18mm JB for my PRS-1.

I have a 20mm JB and I see what you mean, they have trimmed the end fittings to 18mm but used the same links as the 20mm band. The 'joining links' are 19mm wide so obviously they won't fit inside a 18mm lug. The cut-outs shown for spring bar access are very poor quality, is that how it came or after your fettling? Time for a redesign Mr. JB

Terry
    Hi Terry.
    No fettling here. This is how it came. There's a Smiths watch thread on watchuseek where someone shows a JB bracelet on the Navigator, so I guess he managed it somehow.
    It's not like I'm a newbie at changing straps/bracelets etc so I'd like to think it's not my ineptitude but you do doubt yourself when someone else shows one fitted.
    Either way, I shared these photos with JB and have asked for a refund.

Master
    Likewise I’ve fitted the 18mm Joseph Bonnie Bonklip on mine - and personally I really like it.

Although the original strap and deployant clasp is very good quality, it just didn’t sit well on my arm and wasn’t particularly comfortable.

But I find the Bonklip makes wearing the Navigator a joy.

Jason is correct that the curved hooks of the bracelet that join the cross rails together are wider than 18mm, but this doesn’t stop the bracelet being fitted.

I think (hope) that the damage to his end links are not the norm - as mine are not cut in that manner - but must say his does look rather bad.

All I can say is that I’m very pleased I got my Bonklip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries

If that's how it was supplied to you then it's horrendous!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    If that's how it was supplied to you then it's horrendous!
    Yup.... that's how it came. Good on KAS118 for getting it to fit but I still don't think I'd be happy with the wider than 18mm parts of the bracelet rubbing on the backside of the lugs. I like the style of the JB and wanted it to work for the Navigator. Never mind, it's only a bracelet... plenty of other options available including the Forstner.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KAS118 View Post
    Likewise I’ve fitted the 18mm Joseph Bonnie Bonklip on mine - and personally I really like it.

Although the original strap and deployant clasp is very good quality, it just didn’t sit well on my arm and wasn’t particularly comfortable.

But I find the Bonklip makes wearing the Navigator a joy.

Jason is correct that the curved hooks of the bracelet that join the cross rails together are wider than 18mm, but this doesn’t stop the bracelet being fitted.

I think (hope) that the damage to his end links are not the norm - as mine are not cut in that manner - but must say his does look rather bad.

All I can say is that I’m very pleased I got my Bonklip.

Back in the day I always thought these kind of cheesey loose-link bracelets on a watch intended for a strap were only for the utterly gormless.

Now they are somehow 'period', which I find hilarious.

Tastes change ... I suppose.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kk View Post
    Back in the day I always thought these kind of cheesey loose-link bracelets on a watch intended for a strap were only for the utterly gormless.

Now they are somehow 'period', which I find hilarious.

Tastes change ... I suppose.
    I think you've just self-identified as being rather 'gormless' and indeed rather ignorant

The Bonklip was first introduced in the 1920's and as can be be seen in this article the RAF watches were often supplied with them http://af0210strap.com/the-6b-346-mark-xl/. Hence they are 'period'.

As for you finding it 'hillarious' - I do hope your therapist gives you the help you so badly require.

Master
    The Bonklip was first introduced in the 1920's and as can be be seen in this article the RAF watches were often supplied with them http://af0210strap.com/the-6b-346-mark-xl/.
    Great article. And this picture is fantastic.

Master
    I think you've just self-identified as being rather 'gormless' and indeed rather ignorant

The Bonklip was first introduced in the 1920's and as can be be seen in this article the RAF watches were often supplied with them http://af0210strap.com/the-6b-346-mark-xl/. Hence they are 'period'.

As for you finding it 'hillarious' - I do hope your therapist gives you the help you so badly require.

Ooohh touchy.

I think they look utterly, unspeakably naff - not that naff was a word in the early 70s, when I remember this sort of oddball looking bracelet idea and remember thinking how stupid they looked compared to a strap - but if it was a word in the 70s, it would have been entirely appropriate.

You may disagree. We are both entitled to our opinion.

As for the ratty, thin looking bracelet in the picture - if you seriously think that looks good then it's you that needs your head examined.

Last edited by kk; 2nd January 2021 at 14:27.

The link below will download a 9 page pdf on the history of the bonklip:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...7Ttsy9EbjZyBSX
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    The link below will download a 9 page pdf on the history of the bonklip:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...7Ttsy9EbjZyBSX

Doesn't make it look any less naff.

Master
    Ooohh touchy.

I think they look utterly, unspeakably naff - not that naff was a word in the early 70s, when I remember this sort of oddball looking bracelet idea and remember thinking how stupid they looked compared to a strap - but if it was a word in the 70s, it would have been entirely appropriate.

You may disagree. We are both entitled to our opinion.

As for the ratty, thin looking bracelet in the picture - if you seriously think that looks good then it's you that needs your head examined.

No, I think your own words identify you as a rude and ignorant buffoon - for the reasons I’ve previously identified.

That’s not just an opinion - that’s fact.

Master

Navigator

Yeah, but it confirms why its period€™ to the style of watch in question - something you were, and obviously still are, too stupid to appreciate.

As for the use of the word ‘naff’ seems it was used commonly in the 1960’s https://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/l...3/page15.shtml

(Hmmm...you seem to use it a lot don’t you?)

And originated in the 19th Century https://www.collinsdictionary.com/di...y/english/naff.

Your ignorance really knows no bounds.

Last edited by KAS118; 2nd January 2021 at 23:20.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Yup.... that's how it came. Good on KAS118 for getting it to fit but I still don't think I'd be happy with the wider than 18mm parts of the bracelet rubbing on the backside of the lugs. I like the style of the JB and wanted it to work for the Navigator. Never mind, it's only a bracelet... plenty of other options available including the Forstner.

I think you'd really like the Forstner Klip. I can't see me wearing the watch on anything else. As lughugger advised me, it's best to fit the spring bars from the FRONT side of the lugs. Sellotape over the lugs to protect them.

I had an email from Forstner today offering free postage with FBFREESHIP if you are interested

Master
    Yeah, but it confirms why it’s ‘period’ to the style of watch in question - something you were, and obviously still are, too stupid to appreciate.

As for the use of the word ‘naff’ seems it was used commonly in the 1960’s https://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/l...3/page15.shtml

(Hmmm...you seem to use it a lot don’t you?)

And originated in the 19th Century https://www.collinsdictionary.com/di...y/english/naff.

Your ignorance really knows no bounds.

Pee your pants as much as you like it still looks rubbish.

Master
    "Pee in your pants"...that's your idea of an adult response is it?

Clearly you're nothing more than a forum troll who tries to dress personal insults up as 'holding an opinion".

Journeyman
    I am relatively new to this forum and I found that 99.9% of posters recognise what is one man's watch perfection is another man's "run away, run away".
    That is the delight of watches and this place. There is no perfect watch, just a journey.

Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by wallyuk View Post
    I am relatively new to this forum and I found that 99.9% of posters recognise what is one man's watch perfection is another man's "run away, run away".
    That is the delight of watches and this place. There is no perfect watch, just a journey.
    Well said! Variety is the spice of life (and all that).

Master
    Blog Entries
    You express your opinion as fact. It's not fact, it's just your opinion. Others have an equally valid opinion.

Agreed, which is just my opinion.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

The size, sadly. I only hung onto mine for a couple of days. You need pretty thin wrists to pull off this watch.
    Ok guys so what size wrist is suitable? Does it work on a 6" wrist?

I saw on the TZ-UK eBay thread that someone sold his because it was not good on his thin wrist (5.9")

old eBay URL here
    (..."annoyingly, the lug to lug length and shape isn't suitable for my 5.9'' wrist...")

I also have a 5.9" wrist, and dead keen on getting a Navvy, thanks!
    Last edited by redhed18; 3rd January 2021 at 01:36.

Also, any chance of a DLC version?

...'cause...

credit: watchpro.com

It might look like so... ?

Last edited by redhed18; 3rd January 2021 at 01:29.

Journeyman
    I have had a problem with my navigator for a few days. After I took it out of the box, it either does not start or stops after a short start. Only a blow against the housing will they continue to run. Often it then stops again. I have now let the clock run in the box for a day, it has lost about 2 minutes. What could be with the watch?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jpstorm View Post
    I have had a problem with my navigator for a few days. After I took it out of the box, it either does not start or stops after a short start. Only a blow against the housing will they continue to run. Often it then stops again. I have now let the clock run in the box for a day, it has lost about 2 minutes. What could be with the watch?
    Its hard to say for sure, but I don't recommend giving a blow against the housing as you put it. I would contact Eddie and let him know about it. Mine is running almost dead even after about 45 days now so I am really impressed. Sorry to hear about yours but I am sure it is something that can be easily fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Agreed, which is just my opinion.
    ... and everybody has one.
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    ... and everybody has one.
    Indeed, to be fair I've gone off bracelets altogether, my divers watches including the baby Dread are on silicone or rubber straps and the Expedition and Navigator went straight on to leather, and with an almost 8'' wrist they look and feel great.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Craftsman
    Interesting thread. I suspect most of the 'size' debate is about pies - and fondness for... perhaps BMI should enter the conversation?!

The white version looks awesome. I'm still struggling with the circle-L, which I seem unable to 'unsee' as a Pulsar homage. Circle T would have landed it.

As regards 100m water resistance, without a screwdown crown, are people swimming/ showering/ kayaking with these?

Sent from my SM-T819 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Brauner Hund View Post
    Interesting thread. I suspect most of the 'size' debate is about pies - and fondness for... perhaps BMI should enter the conversation?!

The white version looks awesome. I'm still struggling with the circle-L, which I seem unable to 'unsee' as a Pulsar homage. Circle T would have landed it.

As regards 100m water resistance, without a screwdown crown, are people swimming/ showering/ kayaking with these?

Isn’t the circle T only where tritium was used. Is the circle L for luminova?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by benshep View Post
    Isn’t the circle T only where tritium was used. Is the circle L for luminova?

I've always thought that was the case 👍

I've always thought that was the case ðŸ‘
    Yes that is correct.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Yes, that is correct on an issue watch, but on an homage, you can write whatever you want. Any letter of the alphabet. Or a picture of Michael Jackson. Or The Eiffel tower. Anything.
    The 'vintage' marking would have been the T. ...L is Pulsar.

Craftsman
    Yes, that is correct on an issue watch, but on an homage, you can write whatever you want. Any letter of the alphabet. Or a picture of Michael Jackson. Or The Eiffel tower. Anything.

Rolling that on, for anyone thinking L is somehow mandatory, and a T an impossibility...
    the watch has a pheon.

The pheon is there for the aesthetic. It's not a military watch (don't start mistakenly conflating NSNs with any form of endorsement or 'issue' status... bins, paperclips and toilet roll all have NSNs.)

But the pheon looks right, so it's there.

Just as the T would look right....

Craftsman

Navigator

Why would you want to put a T if it is not tritium? To me that would make it a fake rather than an homage.

Master
    Why would you want to put a T if it is not tritium? To me that would make it a fake rather than an homage.

I agree - a T would be simply incorrect!

Craftsman

What a strange thing to say.
    Despite such reasoning, you're happy with the Pheon, though? I am, because despite the watch not being military, nor issue, not MODACS or WOCS, I understand that that's an appropriate vintage touch that doesn't somehow render the watch 'fake', despite it having no reason, beyond aesthetic, to be there.
    I struggle to find logical consistency.
    T is the matching vintage aesthetic.