closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Navigator

Journeyman
    The answer may not be "because the original had", but that the original had this by design because when life gets a bit bumpy you want the time with your hand shaking about, in this case less is more.
    Triangle gives you up down, left right gives you 3 and 9 and the rest is intuitive. I tested this out jumping around like a hooked worm under the duvet and it just works.

Quote Originally Posted by wallyuk View Post
    The answer may not be "because the original had", but that the original had this by design because when life gets a bit bumpy you want the time with your hand shaking about, in this case less is more.
    Triangle gives you up down, left right gives you 3 and 9 and the rest is intuitive. I tested this out jumping around like a hooked worm under the duvet and it just works.
    Thanks! I hadn’t thought of that, but you’re right. It will come in most handy when I’m flying my 747 lol.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries

Eddie, you are fantastic.
    That’s one healthy heartbeat if there ever was one ;)
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Apprentice

Navigator

Navigator is my most accurate Timefactors watch so far:
    Last edited by strelki; 23rd November 2020 at 10:06.

Journeyman
    Very good explanation. I didn't think so far.

Craftsman
    More casual observation than making precise notes on the Nav's timekeeping but mine initially appeared to loose around 4 seconds a day, then settled around 2 to 3. However if I forget to take it off before going to sleep, which I've done probably three times now, it looses maybe 4 seconds during the night.
    Last edited by Ed875; 23rd November 2020 at 12:14.

Quote Originally Posted by strelki View Post
    Navigator is my most accurate Timefactors watch so far:
    Welcome to the forum.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Blog Entries
    Bang on time UPS arrived this morning, one of the only advantages of working from home (for me that is).

First impressions are, what a great little piece with, surprisingly, quite some heft to it. It's still so fresh I've not yet wound and set it to the correct time, but I just had to say "thank you Eddie for a really well executed hommage to a real classic". First watch in ages, and this is going nowhere, bought to wear, keep and enjoy. Just as practical as a quartz, no date, just set, wind and go. Also after a short fiddle I seem to be one of the lucky ones, strap and clasp fit like a dream.

Cheers Eddie, and long may you continue producing little gems like this.

Master
    Has anyone got a pic on one of these on a fairly big wrist? I'm a shade over 8in (and relatively broad and flat on the top of the wrist, as opposed to simply thick) and while I've certainly gone off very large watches in recent years, I find 39-40mm a sweet spot, 36 is on the small side for sure and I'm more than a bit nervous about nabbing one (not that that's straighftward to do at the moment in any case).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogdensnut View Post
    Does anyone know why the MkXi had lumed markers only at 12,3,6 & 9 ?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Don't know. Same with the XII, but it's quite practical.

One of the nice things about my Navi is that it reminds of my XII glowing away on my bedside table in New York just after I got it in 1998. It doesn't do that now. Well, the dial does, because it's a service dial and only six years old. But the original hands don't glow in the dark now.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kk View Post
    Has anyone got a pic on one of these on a fairly big wrist? I'm a shade over 8in (and relatively broad and flat on the top of the wrist, as opposed to simply thick) and while I've certainly gone off very large watches in recent years, I find 39-40mm a sweet spot, 36 is on the small side for sure and I'm more than a bit nervous about nabbing one (not that that's straighftward to do at the moment in any case).
    I posted a pic last week. My wrist is 8 inches.

maseman

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by maseman View Post
    I posted a pic last week. My wrist is 8 inches.

maseman

thanks - I liked the pic in fact it sent me off to the Barton site - I hadn't been aware they did long length.

Definitely tempted to try my luck on Sunday :)

Master
    Got my Barton's from Amazon.

maseman

Quote Originally Posted by kk View Post
    thanks - I liked the pic in fact it sent me off to the Barton site - I hadn't been aware they did long length.

Definitely tempted to try my luck on Sunday :)

Craftsman
    On a cheap eBay two stitch strap.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Master
    Sorry to say I've just had a conspicuous Oh Dear moment with mine .. I was winding it, didn't feel any unusual resistance, then I felt something give. Then the second hand started to run backwards, then it stopped! No resistance in the crown at all now. Will send it back for repair, shame though as I've really been enjoying it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Sorry to say I've just had a conspicuous Oh Dear moment with mine .. I was winding it, didn't feel any unusual resistance, then I felt something give. Then the second hand started to run backwards, then it stopped! No resistance in the crown at all now. Will send it back for repair, shame though as I've really been enjoying it.
    Sorry to hear that but I am sure that Eddie will be able to take care of it, of course you will be unable to enjoy the Navigator in the meantime. I have had a little issue with pulling out the crown to hack the movement, will keep an eye on that in the future but as for winding it I have had no problems and I enjoy it it every time I wind it. I love the size of the crown.

Journeyman
    Arrived today. The leather strap with folding clasp fits me very well.

Journeyman
    I think it was a good choice to grab one of Navigator. Looks really nice. :-)
    Here on a OEM strap, however one a bit darker from iwantstraps is waiting on my table.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by hondzax View Post
    Here on a OEM strap, however one a bit darker from iwantstraps is waiting on my table.
    If a picture is worth a thousand words....your pictures are worth at least a thousand and one words.

Apprentice

Back in her home environment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice

Hello & goodbye

After more than 10 years of reliable service I'm passing on my trusted MkII Vantage to the next generation making room for the Navigator. A very, very nice watch - dial, handset, lume, lugs, size (The 39mm MkII looks oversized in comparison) - sublime! Strap and clasp fits perfekt on my 7,5" wrist. Thanks Eddie!
    Having a soft spot for the Explorer dial and handset I'll probably abandon my one-watch collection strategy and try to bag an Everest in February...

Last edited by Bowe; 26th November 2020 at 15:48. Reason: Image

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon211 View Post

Back in her home environment.

Really great pictures, and that strap suits it very well.

Everything shiped now, 335 watches in 17 days but really 15 days because I lost one day through the printer dying and another day when the CCTV man put his drill through the office main power cable.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Everything shiped now, 335 watches in 17 days but really 15 days because I lost one day through the printer dying and another day when the CCTV man put his drill through the office main power cable.

Eddie
    This time next year you'll be millionaire ;)

That's quite an accomplishment Eddie, do you expect the same amount of orders when you next open up?

Craftsman

Eddie
    How many are left of the black and the white Navigators?

Craftsman
    Thankyou for the prompt shipping and another excellent watch, now a few days to recover before it starts again

Apprentice
    Gotta say, helluva’ job you did there Eddie. I thank you for the amount of work you did getting these out.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by hondzax View Post
    Thank you for these pictures, they are fantastic. I recall there was some discussion about the polishing on the top of the case, but in the pictures I think it adds a touch of class and looks very smart, without watering down the overall toolishness of the watch.

Just arrived from a WUS seller in FL.

Love it.

On a new NATO. I do like the leather too and think it fits my 6.75" wrist fine w/o the keeper.

Master
    One week on the wrist and +11 secs - That'll do me !!

maseman

Master
    Navigator arrived in not so sunny East Sussex yesterday and I am delighted with it. Expectation surpassed, many thanks Eddie.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by parsig9 View Post
    Just arrived from a WUS seller in FL.

Love it.

On a new NATO. I do like the leather too and think it fits my 6.75" wrist fine w/o the keeper.

Sweet. Which NATO is this please?

18 of the black Navigator remaining and 48 of the white dial.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman
    18 of the black Navigator remaining and 48 of the white dial.

Eddie
    I am not surprised that they are so popular, I can attest to that because I followed the Navigator from the very first post of "ONE FOR 2020", and I was right there on the 8th and have mine here in front of me. I know you said you ordered 300 Top Grade Sellita SW210 but curios how you split them between the black and the white dialed versions.

Sure sound like you were very busy during the couple of weeks. Thanks to your Nephew for the help from us the customers.

Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    I am not surprised that they are so popular, I can attest to that because I followed the Navigator from the very first post of "ONE FOR 2020", and I was right there on the 8th and have mine here in front of me. I know you said you ordered 300 Top Grade Sellita SW210 but curios how you split them between the black and the white dialed versions.

Sure sound like you were very busy during the couple of weeks. Thanks to your Nephew for the help from us the customers.
    200 black dial and 100 white dial.

Eddie

Having worn this for a week or so, I'm convinced this is the best TF release to date. Easily on a par with Longines quality and Smiths really feels to me like a full brand with distinct identity rather than a microbrand.

Journeyman
    Last edited by jpstorm; 26th November 2020 at 13:46.

Quote Originally Posted by jason.humphrey.180 View Post
    Sweet. Which NATO is this please?

From one of my favorite strap sellers on Ebay, Nato International. They are really nice and not too short.

This is the Khaki Brown. They have a light tan and Admiralty Gray as well as other colors. I have the AG and it is a perfect color and feel. I like them as much as Maractac and Phoenix and they are cheap.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/NATO-watch-...72.m2749.l2649
    Last edited by parsig9; 26th November 2020 at 17:26.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by parsig9 View Post
    From one of my favorite strap sellers on Ebay, Nato International. They are really nice and not too short.

This is the Khaki Brown. They have a light tan and Admiralty Gray as well as other colors. I have the AG and it is a perfect color and feel. I like them as much as Maractac and Phoenix and they are cheap.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/NATO-watch-...72.m2749.l2649
    Thank you

Journeyman

Red face

Eddie
    Time for 335 pints?

Congrats... and thanks!

Journeyman

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Bowe View Post
    After more than 10 years of reliable service I'm passing on my trusted MkII Vantage to the next generation making room for the Navigator. A very, very nice watch - dial, handset, lume, lugs, size (The 39mm MkII looks oversized in comparison) - sublime! Strap and clasp fits perfekt on my 7,5" wrist. Thanks Eddie!
    Having a soft spot for the Explorer dial and handset I'll probably abandon my one-watch collection strategy and try to bag an Everest in February...

Wow. You definitely get "your money's worth..." and you could also have a very low circulation magazine: The 10 Year Watch, issued once per decade ;)

Same thing happened to mine earlier today.

Is there a fix a local watch guy can do?
    I am in the States & sending it back may be prohibitive.
    Sent from my SM-G960U using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by engrneil View Post

Is there a fix a local watch guy can do?
    I am in the States & sending it back may be prohibitive.

Sorry to hear; any good watchmaker should be familiar with this movement, commonly found in a number of mechanicals being derived from the eta 8201.
    Last edited by Ed875; 26th November 2020 at 19:10.

Thanks. I'll have someone check it out. It may be a winding stem needing a length fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed875 View Post
    Sorry to hear; any good watchmaker should be familiar with this movement, commonly found in a number of mechanicals being derived from the eta 8201.

Master
    Sorry to hear that, in my case it just seemed to "give" without feeling as though it was even close to fully wound - is that what happened with yours? Hopefully no-one else will have the same experience.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by davidzet View Post
    Wow. You definitely get "your money's worth..." and you could also have a very low circulation magazine: The 10 Year Watch, issued once per decade ;)
    Well, I don´t like to rush things ;)

Exactly, 2nd time I wound it. Almost 24 hours after receiving. Seemed to give, about 5 seconds reverse seconds hands - then stopped
    Sorry to hear that, in my case it just seemed to "give" without feeling as though it was even close to fully wound - is that what happened with yours? Hopefully no-one else will have the same experience.

Craftsman
    Exactly, 2nd time I wound it. Almost 24 hours after receiving. Seemed to give, about 5 seconds reverse seconds hands - then stopped

That is really a bummer. You are the second one here in the forum that has had this issue. I hope that isn't a sign of things to come. I have not had any problem with winding mine. I did have an issue with hacking when pulling out the crown. It was a little hard to pull out all the way in order to hack and set the watch. After a couple of try's it worked just fine, but I will keep an eye on it.

I am sure that Eddie will be able to take care of it, but you will be without it for some time and I can imagine that will be hard. Best of luck.

Craftsman
    Only thing I've noted on the slightly unusual side is leaving the watch on a hard surface, such as a wooden dresser, seems to notably amplify the movements 'tick'. I'm hard of hearing but its enough for me to notice it. Have a Marathon GG-W-113 with the very similar eta 2801-2 movement but this doesn't do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed875 View Post
    Only thing I've noted on the slightly unusual side is leaving the watch on a hard surface, such as a wooden dresser, seems to notably amplify the movements 'tick'. I'm hard of hearing but its enough for me to notice it. Have a Marathon GG-W-113 with the very similar eta 2801-2 movement but this doesn't do this.
    I’ve noticed that with the Everest as well!