closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommend me a flashlight (EDC or tactical)

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    Looking, that’s a high CRI, low power keychain light. It’s not meant to wow you but have an extremely long run time and prob act as some emergency light or something. Looking at the spec it runs constant output for 11 hours. It’s the kind of thing that collectors will want/geek over as it’s high CRI and will have some specific use to be left in a car or bag as an emergency thing (that they’ll hopefully never need)

Go grab an Olight i2 ‘free’ for a fiver post on their store at the moment, just got mine and it’s lovely. Has low and high and no batteries to mess with just charge it with the supplied USB cable.
    I hadn't noticed this reply! Thanks, that would explain the feeble output then. I have an Olight on my keyring and gave my wife and sons similar ones for theirs too. I have no idea why I added the Sofirn C01s to my order, apart from an addiction to aluminium torches. I will probably do as you suggest and leave one in the glovebox of each of the family's cars!

Ian

A direct result of clicking into this thread...

SC31B rather than Pro, but with the included decent battery and all below 20 quid, I didn't have to think long.

Until this, I would normally only buy AA and AAA compatible torches and pack lithium batteries in them for longer storage, but I figured it may actually come in handy to have something rechargable for around the house.

So, thanks for helping me spend my money TZUK.

Master
    Dont forget to do the thermal calibration. Mine was way off but a quickly calibrated.

Google Anduril thermal calibration for more info

^^^
    I never knew about it, thanks!

And now that I started messing around with it, I don't think it has Anduril UI. It's just 1-click to turn on/off + hold to cycle through the modes, 2-click to strobe, and click+hold to activate the button breathing.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    And now that I started messing around with it, I don't think it has Anduril UI. It's just 1-click to turn on/off + hold to cycle through the modes, 2-click to strobe, and click+hold to activate the button breathing.
    Just remembered I think only the pro has the Anduril

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk

Master
    Update: had the torch for a while now and it's impressive especially if for the money.

It probably has too many features for me due to the Anduril, but it's might impressive what it can do.

If you're on the fence get one!

Same here, and TBH, I prefer the non-Anduril version with a simple UI. Very satisfying quality for an around-the-house torch.

Quote Originally Posted by Estoril-5 View Post
    Update: had the torch for a while now and it's impressive especially if for the money.

It probably has too many features for me due to the Anduril, but it's might impressive what it can do.

If you're on the fence get one!

I can wholeheartedly endorse this. Since my first Sofirn purchase in November, the addict in me has resulted in three more Sofirn orders! I already have several Olights and I really like them, but the Sofirns are such brilliant value! The SC31 Pro has proved to be great (the first was 6500K but I ordered the 5000K too). They do a wonderful little keychain torch called the SC01. It's tiny and really bright on the higher of the two levels (10/330 lumens quoted), with a nice stainless steel finish and my wife and I now have two of those.

My favourite Sofirn at the moment though solves all the "problems" with the ultra-complicated Anduril firmware. For those of you who don't need all the complex settings and modes, I highly recommend the Sofirn SD05. It's well made, nicely finished, compact, comes with a 21700 4800mAh battery, is waterproof down to 100M, but the best thing is that it has a simple four-position rotary switch, for Off/Low/Med/High. The High setting is quoted as being 3000 lumens, so it's BRIGHT! Oh, and I paid $25.88 for it. I've now ordered a second one for my son.

Obviously I can't comment on the longevity of these Sofirn torches (they were always torches to me, not the US "flashlights", but I am old!) and the Olights are slightly better finished, but for the price I think they're excellent. They don't even take too long to arrive. For example, I placed an order on Dec 9th and the torches arrived on Dec 18th!

Ian