closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PRS-82 - Repair

Apprentice

PRS-82 - Repair

Hi All,

Just wondering what option I have for a repair on my PRS-82.

I purchased it back in March 19 direct from Time Factors and have a issue when winding, after ever 3rd or 4th turn it just slip and does not engage. However after a shake I can wind again but then after 3 or 4 turns it goes again.

Is this covered under the warranty?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Fighterboy View Post
    Hi All,

I purchased it back in March 19 direct from Time Factors and have a issue when winding, after ever 3rd or 4th turn it just slip and does not engage. However after a shake I can wind again but then after 3 or 4 turns it goes again.

Cheers
    Two year warranty on all TF watches.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fighterboy View Post
    Hi All,

Cheers
    I’d suggest an email to Timefactors....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should be covered under warranty however I'd make enquiries at a watchmaker you trust if you don't mind paying for it yourself as it'll probably be a lot quicker. Eddie doesn't repair the watches, he sends them to the manufacturer which in my experience takes a long time. Add into the equation that the shop was open yesterday so he'll be mega busy for a few weeks.

Apprentice
    Thanks chaps for the comments.

Will drop a line to Eddie and maybe have a look around for a decent repairer near me.

Just to add, I have a couple of watches with a similar problem and I honestly don't think you'll get any joy out of Eddie with it.

Have a read of this:

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/e...inding.540441/

It's more of a foible than a problem, so rather than lose the watch for weeks and have it returned in the same condition it left you, I'd just try not to wind it so much. And when you do, apply some slight outward pressure to the crown. It works on my Squale 1521 with the same movement.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Just to add, I have a couple of watches with a similar problem and I honestly don't think you'll get any joy out of Eddie with it.

Have a read of this:

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/e...inding.540441/

It's more of a foible than a problem, so rather than lose the watch for weeks and have it returned in the same condition it left you, I'd just try not to wind it so much. And when you do, apply some slight outward pressure to the crown. It works on my Squale 1521 with the same movement.
    It is a pity, but thanks for the heads up.

I have a Radiomir style watch with a movement that is either a Unitas 6497 or a clone of it. It has the same slipping issue as yours and as others have said I apply a small amount of outward pressure when winding and it winds beautifully.