closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Indoor Rowing Thread

Hybrid View

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    I'm 5'11". Stroke rate was 52. Tactics...go flat out and hang on!
    That's a 1.28/500 split from a standing start! Quite something especially as (I think) you must be under 75kg.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shropshire Lad View Post
    That's a 1.28/500 split from a standing start! Quite something especially as (I think) you must be under 75kg.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Yes 1.28.2 average. Reached max rate of 1.26 and held around that for as long as possible. I'm pretty much bang on the weight limit.

Journeyman
    I was expecting you to say you were well over 6’...maintaining rate 52 at a decent pace its good going (kind of stating the obvious with a British record in the bag).

The 1:00 is definitely a ‘fly and die’, there are some interesting strength sessions that could enable you to eek this out a little further - one of them is based on short full power sessions at very high DF, if you are interested let me know and I will dig out the link.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexG View Post
    I was expecting you to say you were well over 6’...maintaining rate 52 at a decent pace its good going (kind of stating the obvious with a British record in the bag).

The 1:00 is definitely a ‘fly and die’, there are some interesting strength sessions that could enable you to eek this out a little further - one of them is based on short full power sessions at very high DF, if you are interested let me know and I will dig out the link.

Yes I'd be interested. I haven't really trained for it and have only had two attempts. First was 336 and second was 340. That was just before Christmas. I haven't done it since. I'd love to go for the WR but it's ridiculous. One guy from Canada is head and shoulders above everyone else at 359. I haven't seen any others in the category above 346.

Journeyman
    An increase of 20m would be a big improvement, but if you haven’t done a great deal of training like this it could be achievable, it has to be worth having a crack at it!

This is the article I was thinking about:
    https://peakcentre.wordpress.com/200...g-performance/

I have always concentrated more on the longer stuff, I am only 5’9” and hwt so I have no hope on the sprint distances.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexG View Post
    An increase of 20m would be a big improvement, but if you haven’t done a great deal of training like this it could be achievable, it has to be worth having a crack at it!

This is the article I was thinking about:
    https://peakcentre.wordpress.com/200...g-performance/

I have always concentrated more on the longer stuff, I am only 5’9” and hwt so I have no hope on the sprint distances.

Thanks, that's something I'll try when I get back on the rower (waiting for a back niggle to clear)

Can't imagine being able to make up 20 metres (5 will be a stretch) but I like the idea of this kind of training, so fun to try.

It arrived this morning, ordered on the 27th November!

Time permitting I'll hopefully get it assembled today and start getting all the online stuff sorted out.

If anyone fancies the one below it'll be on SC soon!