closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What watch is your wife (other half / significant other / friend) wearing

Blog Entries

Cool What watch is your wife (other half / significant other / friend) wearing

I happened to notice SHMBO took her watch off to go gardening today, so had the opportunity to take a picture of it.

This one I got her many years ago while flying out of Heathrow - was in the days of more disposable income.

Cartier Santos Demosielle:

DJ28 to celebrate a wedding anniversary which was this year but picked up last year due to the price rise (thank you Haywood). This is the only picture of I have of it which was eating pancakes after collecting. My wife thought we were going to collect something for me and was furious the entire car ride there. The car ride back was much different.
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 8th November 2020 at 23:50.

An Omega Seamaster. (I hasten to add, the photo was taken on my wrist, I'm not married to Mrs Godzilla!).

I bought my wife the small 28mm Seamaster years ago but then said she would rather have a larger model.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Master
    Oyster Perpetual 31mm Grape dial , no pictures Im afraid, but she really likes it.

Steve

Craftsman
    My better half has one of these from Tissot

https://www.tissotwatches.com/en-gb/t0580091103100.html

Probably owned it for 8 years or more and its only needed one battery change a couple of years back, along with a service by the local Tissot agent; the most long lasting and reliable watch she's had.

None! She hates the idea of being "trapped" by a watch and has precisely zero interest.

My wife has the following for special occasions but her daily is a sunburst diamond dot dial steel Rolex datejust...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of these but usually the Rolex:

http://DAB6F0A8-4961-41E3-8DDF-A455F964E7A5 by meffiah, on Flickr

Paging peedog
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Master
    This was ‘claimed’ from me a couple of years back:

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman

Also has the 34mm in olive green.
    Timex Pac-Man
    Tudor mini sub
    Tudor princess
    Omega Constellation
    Longines that’s now too small to read
    Seiko advan incoming
    I guess I’m a bad influence

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My wife has no interest in my watches whatsoever, and claims to have no interest for herself, either. Nevertheless, she owns 7 .

In no particular order they are:

Longines Evidenza
    Seiko SUR633P1
    Mondaine railway watch
    1955 gold plated Favre-Leuba
    Mid-60s NOS gold plated auto (can’t remember the make)
    Rotary gold coloured thing
    Kenneth Cole tank

The only one she cares about is the Favre-Leuba - it was her late fathers watch (a wedding present at the time from her late mother). After he died I found it and had it restored by Paul Walker, then gave it to her as a surprise gift.

Simon

Mrs TT chose this one, the day I picked up my 16600:

It permanently lives in the drawer alongside her serviced, lovely, vintage Omega.

Then again, I likely have bags I don't use.

As the post mentions friends too, my friend and sometime business partner has a nice Patek Philippe 3448J. Though he generally wears his other Patek Philippes, or a Lange Zeitwerk Date.

(He uses his Rolexes as intended: last time I visited, he was wearing his 4-line white Zenith Daytona in his pool, enjoying the rough and tumble with his lovely kids)

Mrs K has -

Seamaster 300 28mm
    Seiko Turtle skx 777
    Cartier Tank Francaise
    Rolex OP 39
    Apple Watch
    Tissot something
    Some fashion tat

Master
    Garmin Forerunner 235, she has no interest in watches apart from tracking her runs etc.

Another one with a wife who has little interest in watches. She used to wear Swatch watches many years ago, but mainly wears one of those modern square things that tells you when you have done 10,000 steps and tells you each morning what a crap nights sleep you have just had.

She does have a nice Chanel watch bought about 30 years ago that she keeps for best.

Mrs S also has a Rolex Sub LN!

S

Mrs Cain favours a Breitling Montbrillant (the one from c. 7 years ago, with a B01). She likes the fact that it’s oversize (on her) and wears it everywhere. I’m biased of course, but I think it looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    DJ28 to celebrate a wedding anniversary which was this year but picked up last year due to the price rise (thank you Haywood). This is the only picture of I have of it which was eating pancakes after collecting. My wife thought we were going to collect something for me and was furious the entire car ride there. The car ride back was much different.
    I have bought one of these for my wife for Xmas.

Mrs.R still occasionally sports the 1905ish piece that was superbly brought back to life by Brendan of this parish, tends to be special occasions mainly (so needless to say it hasn't had many outings since April).
    Her daily wearer is this Seiko 5 SYMA41K1 'White Racer'. She's never worn a watch daily until I got her this and now it's barely off her wrist.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Master
    My wife was never into watches until she found out her favourite artist was a brand ambassador for Rolex...thank you Michael Buble why couldn't you be an ambassador for Casio.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    DJ28 to celebrate a wedding anniversary....
    That looks great and a nice occasion to get one. Buckley dials are growing on me, but only in the standard colours.

My partner wears a Citizen Eco-drive I bought a long time ago as she had zero interest in anything more expensive. Lately there are signs that might be changing but she's not persuaded by anything larger than 28-30mm so a DJ might be on my shopping list in the next year.
    Last edited by deepreddave; 9th November 2020 at 10:07.

Craftsman
    The mrs took a shine to my Garmin Vivoactive 3 about 9 months ago, and it has rarely left her wrist since. It’s nice to see it used though, and not just sat in my watch box!

Master
    A Cartier Tank Solo, which I bought for her 30th a couple of years ago. Never leaves her wrist. She’s one of those sensible people who has one nice/special watch and doesn’t need or want any others ;)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NickRed71 View Post
    This was ‘claimed’ from me a couple of years back:

My wife wears the 'ladies' version of this - hard to turn the bezel but no He crown. Bought from SC years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by P9MES View Post
    Ssshhh! She may be a member here.

Mine has a growing number but every day it’s a Rolex oyster Perpetual. It’s getting a hard life but performing admirably and I love the ways she not fussed about knocks and grazes.

I’m seeing and hearing of more and more women getting in to watches. I my social group there is a growing number sporting omega, Cartier and rolex, and some have multiples (small collections)

Unfortunately doesn’t want one, I’d love to buy her something nice but I’m afraid it wouldn’t be much appreciated. Maybe I’ll do that anyway one day ...

In need of a service and a bit of a polish but she loves it so that's all that matters

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by P9MES View Post
    Very nice - mine has actually wanted the same but the bi metal version - Gold/Steel in 36... it’s getting an expensive situation haha!

Had a meeting at the start of the year - that’s a distant thought - where the women in the meeting knew about my watch (Sub) than the men and 2 of them were wearing one too!

All very interesting!

S

Diamond dial DJ, when she's not wearing a fitbit

She like to wear my Corum jumping hours

Blog Entries
    She has a Lady Datejust 28 in gold for everyday, and gold Omega with diamonds for 'going out'. Says the Omega is more 'ladylike'! I give up sometimes
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

My wife doesn’t wear a watch. I tried hard to get her something mechanical, even as a bit of jewellery in the hope she’d understand the attraction. In the end, the thought of spending more than Ł100 on something that is fundamentally anachronistic with modern life was too much and she just wanted a Daniel Wellington.

I even tried to push a Max Bill quartz as something similar but she was having none of it! Ah well, more money for my collection, I guess!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jonasy View Post
    Unfortunately doesn’t want one, I’d love to buy her something nice but I’m afraid it wouldn’t be much appreciated. Maybe I’ll do that anyway one day ...
    I wouldn't bother - unless you know she will like it, chances are it'll sit unused, which is a waste. It is NOT the thought that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones View Post
    I wouldn't bother - unless you know she will like it, chances are it'll sit unused, which is a waste. It is NOT the thought that counts.
    My wife told me for a long time that she couldn't care less about watches, doesn't want one, they're stupid and they're my hobby, not hers.

She absolutely loves her LadyJust 28 and says it's the best thing I've ever got her apart from her engagement ring. I will admit it was a gamble.

Seamaster today. Also has a Constellation, Rolex Date, Dior Christal and a Montblanc Princess Grace.
    No care is taken of them which, as someone who babies their watches as much as possible drives me crazy. They are often found dumped on a basin or hanging on the edge of the worktop. The Montblanc even disappeared for a couple of years as it had been swept off the dressing table into a bag with a load of junk to be sorted at a later date.
    Daughter number one has an Eterna, a Frederique Constant and a couple of Gucci’s. Despite my best efforts to educate her she wants a Rolex because the celebrities wear them.
    Daughter number two has no interest in watches and refuses to wear one. She will get the inheritance!

Master
    Mrs T. doesn't have a great deal of interest in watches but she does love her FM colour dreams which I bought for her back in 2007.
    A few straps add a bit of colour/variety

Craftsman
    Mrs Harleyrider has over a dozen watches to choose from but generally favours one of her J12’s

Journeyman
    Mine wears a Nomos Orion 33 for work and a bright blue Christopher Ward 38mm diver for hols. I think it's a nice pairing (not least because they were my idea).

Master
    Difficult not to sound sexist on this topic, because my partner tends to view watches as accessories to match
    her clothes. So the colour of the dial is key. The mechanical side is viewed as irrelevant. As in her car where she doesn’t know where the bonnet release is, or the size of the engine .
    But she is really good at matching her outfit! At the moment, she is wearing an olive green 34mm Oyster Perpetual. I’ve come to think that quite a few women see watches as fashion accessories. Maybe they are right....I mean, why not.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    MrsV started with this -

Then "borrowed" (stole) this -

Then decided she wanted a J12 so wears and loves this -

She gets on much better with quartz as only tends to wear when out and I don't have winder space for her wares.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna1138 View Post
    Mrs T. doesn't have a great deal of interest in watches but she does love her FM colour dreams which I bought for her back in 2007.
    A few straps add a bit of colour/variety
    Nice !
    Mrs Goat has a Dubey&Schaldenbrand Aerodyne date for the rare occasions the Fitbit isn’t being worn

None at the moment. She hasn't really been wearing a watch since the start of the first lockdown. It would be a fitbit I gave her or a quartz fashion watch otherwise.

I've tried to make my wife love mechanical watches over the years but she is petite and has such slim wrists that anything "manly" looks ridiculous on her so she happily sticks with a selection of Gucci bangle watches that she likes.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

It took a while to part her from her Swatch but eventually.....

The new and refined model is sporting my black faced ceramic Daytona.... the old clapped out model sports a pre ceramic white faced Daytona...... much prefer the newer model

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Difficult not to sound sexist on this topic, because my partner tends to view watches as accessories to match
    her clothes. So the colour of the dial is key. The mechanical side is viewed as irrelevant. As in her car where she doesn’t know where the bonnet release is, or the size of the engine .
    But she is really good at matching her outfit! At the moment, she is wearing an olive green 34mm Oyster Perpetual. I’ve come to think that quite a few women see watches as fashion accessories. Maybe they are right....I mean, why not.
    To be fair, a key factor for me when picking which watch to wear on any day is how it compliments what I’m wearing...

Master
    This Omega Black Tulip, a VC222 ladies model and a vintage Omega dress watch. The Black Tulip was a re-dial but amazingly I found a NOS dial for it recently. Having a watch fanatic as a partner has its benefits it seems.

Ladies watches are the one area where you can still find some amazing vintage bargains. You don't get to wear them yourself but you do get the satisfaction of giving something as a gift that would be unobtainium as a men's watch (thinking of the 222).