closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Store is open, but for how long

Master

Store is open, but for how long

Mine is RC24161008 at 14:01; so does that mean I was order number 8?

Hmmm...looking at the number above - obviously not

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good evening.

I placed my order RC24160987 for a black Navigator as soon as possible. But checking out shipping address to Germany and VISA card data costs time. Done all in 116 seconds. Confirmation time 14.02 pm.

Well I love the system to place orders in Timefactors shop. Always in a hurry. Always a great show.

cheers
    Stephan

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by hifileslie View Post
    How do you manage to fill out the forms and get confirmation order in under 1 minute-I must be missing a trick or two! I have previously ticked the “save details” box , but the forms are still blank. Grateful for some tips .
    Depends which web browser you are using. In Chrome, for example if you go into your browser settings, look for 'advanced' then 'Passwords and Forms ' you can save prefill information.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    Easy on Eddie, my life (well what’s left of it) will continue without the watch, gives me time to move on some others. Good luck with it all.
    This ^^^^ patience is a virtue.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SussexScots View Post
    Depends which web browser you are using. In Chrome, for example if you go into your browser settings, look for 'advanced' then 'Passwords and Forms ' you can save prefill information.
    Likewise you can do that with Safari and I have the card details saved on my Mac for Auto-fill

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    I’m a black Navigator order RC24160939 at 2.01. I pressed add to cart at 2 seconds past 2 pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same as me but got an error message which slowed things down so ended up 53 behind you but the same confirmation time; computers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hifileslie View Post
    How do you manage to fill out the forms and get confirmation order in under 1 minute-I must be missing a trick or two! I have previously ticked the “save details” box , but the forms are still blank. Grateful for some tips .
    Just hit my email address and everything completed automatically, in and out in under 30 seconds. My only worry was that every time I added to the cart I had to make sure 'White dial Navigator' was selected...

And congratulations Eddie, to have completed all those orders in seven months is astounding, I think this is number eight for me... I think I need another Everest lol...

Stay well and see you soon ..

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    24161161, you win ;)
    My time was 1401, RC24160971. How do you tell where you stand with the Roman Cart number.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I wanted to take not more than 300 orders so that I could open on 29 November. In the knowledge that orders continue to trickle through after ordering is closed, I closed ordering when it reached 200. In the event, the final figure is 356 orders which is going to present a problem going forward. Fortunately I have the help of my nephew almost every day for the next 2 weeks.

Eddie
    Thanks Eddie for the info. It is great to hear that you have the help of your nephew, that should be a great relief for you. Tell your nephew thanks for his help.

Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    My time was 1401, RC24160971. How do you tell where you stand with the Roman Cart number.
    The order number only tells when you got into the cart. The time of payment dictates the priority.

Journeyman
    Check your spam folder folks. Sage got through, Eddies went to Spam.
    Glad to hear Eddie you have family help, I highly value the limited runs and extreme value your quality watches offer. It will arrive when it arrives.
    Been a really exciting day and I am so pleased I managed to order a Navigator from you. My last watch arrived excellently packed with a neatly written guarantee card (If I was rushing through 200+ orders that would be the first thing to go), quality first, speed later. Cheers.

And now the printer has failed in the middle of printing the orders. Keeps telling me there's a jam but there isn't. I've dismantled it as far as a can, looking for a pstage stamp sized piewce of paper but there's nothing. Two hours so far. I've unplugged it now and will see how it is in the morning.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Good luck with that Eddie.

Craftsman
    Not sure if of help but had similar with our printer, however after researching on the net I found a way to 'reset' the printer which cleared the error message and got the printer running again; just a thought.

Mine did this recently Eddie and nothing I did cleared the fault. Then I got a tip that dust, fluff and dirt build up can cause the fault. I vacuumed the interior of the machine fairly gently and it cured it. Still going strong now.

And now the printer has failed in the middle of printing the orders. Keeps telling me there's a jam but there isn't. I've dismantled it as far as a can, looking for a pstage stamp sized piewce of paper but there's nothing. Two hours so far. I've unplugged it now and will see how it is in the morning.

Eddie

Craftsman
    Try gently wiping the paper feed rollers with iso propyl alcohol, it worked for me.

Journeyman
    Or, if that all fails, then I recommend percussive maintenance. It won't repair it, but it's satisfying.

Journeyman

Why bother to post?

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Congrats to those who got anything, I couldn’t be bothered. Could take up to 40 days for delivery so your patience will be tested.
    ^^ This is not very accommodating. I'd even call it whinging, but I don't know you ;)

Quote Originally Posted by davidzet View Post
    ^^ This is not very accommodating. I'd even call it whinging, but I don't know you ;)
    Yes,it's whinging, it's consistent with previous posts.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    It might be interesting to see who got the lowest and highest order numbers. I think I may have just squeezed in with RC24161261.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ZIM View Post
    It might be interesting to see who got the lowest and highest order numbers. I think I may have just squeezed in with RC24161261.
    Your 322 further down the queue to the lowest number published thus far, so another 34 out there either way.

Mine is RC24161221, so not quite out of the danger zone.

Chris.

Sent from my Nokia 9 using Tapatalk

Craftsman

Yahoo

How competitive we are. RC24161114. for me. This will be only the second new watch I have bought in my 62 years. The first was a PRS-29. My father bought me a Timex when I was 11, since then it's been Smiths, second, third, fourth hand, with the very occasional vintage Jaeger, Omega watch. Won't see my new buy until Christmas at the earliest. Currently abroad and getting itchy fingers. Lovely present to myself whenever I see it. Well done Eddie.
    Black Navigator

I see I'm an apprentice. Thought those days were over.
    Last edited by EBB21; 9th November 2020 at 19:36.

Im amazed at how fast some people can type- i was done by 3 minutes past, black dial navi, order number in the low 1100’s...

Really looking forward to seeing this one in the flesh- well excited..

Craftsman
    Be interesting to know how many of the 300 Nav's were snapped up if I've got the number produced correct, appears from posts to be very popular as anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed875 View Post
    Be interesting to know how many of the 300 Nav's were snapped up if I've got the number produced correct, appears from posts to be very popular as anticipated.
    I guess most of the 356 orders were navigators, given hardly any everests were available

Landed it at 14:01, would have been 14:00 had my bank not sent a confirmation code .
    Did you manage to sort your printer out in the end Eddie?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EBB21 View Post
    How competitive we are. RC24161114. for me. This will be only the second new watch I have bought in my 62 years. The first was a PRS-29. My father bought me a Timex when I was 11, since then it's been Smiths, second, third, fourth hand, with the very occasional vintage Jaeger, Omega watch. Won't see my new buy until Christmas at the earliest. Currently abroad and getting itchy fingers. Lovely present to myself whenever I see it. Well done Eddie.
    Black Navigator

have you made the tea yet we are all waiting

Craftsman
    I must have been one of the early ones, RC24160942

Quote Originally Posted by EBB21 View Post
    Black Navigator

Only a few thousand more posts and the apprenticeship will be over, you will have your papers all intact and will be able to go anywhere in the world and do anything you like, all the best.

My number is RC24161105 so fairly close to yours....

Hi there,
    I’m RC24161168, confirmation e-mail from Eddie at 14.05...
    White dial Everest PRS25, I think I am one of few that didn’t buy the Navigator.

Cheers

Apprentice
    Hi, my first plunge into this intense but fun experience. If You received confirmation from Sagepay but not from Eddie, it's no goods this time? Have I got it right?
    Last edited by Bowe; 10th November 2020 at 12:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowe View Post
    Hi, my first plunge into this intense but fun experience. If You received confirmation from Sagepay but not from Eddie, it's no goods this time? Have I got it right?
    Aye that's the sum of it.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

You better check your email spam folder

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by fogar View Post
    You better check your email spam folder
    Nothing there... :-(
    Last edited by Bowe; 10th November 2020 at 13:27.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Aye that's the sum of it.
    So is the opposite true?

If you received both emails, is it an indication that you have made it into the queue, barring unforeseen circumstances?

I’’’m certain that those of us in the tail end Charlie slots are understandably curious.

Last edited by Deacon211; 10th November 2020 at 14:00.

Yes it's consistent but it's hardly whinging, just a commentary of the situation. Others feel the same way, as previous threads prove. I ordered recently and was quick enough to make it into the first batch of posting so all was good. I posted about the experience too for balance. I think the sheer number of threads on the subject demonstrates the frustration however it's working for you so crack on.

I've bought two new watches from other manufacturers lately and both times the process has been; ordered one day, posted the same or next day and delivered the next. I'm one of those who thinks you create your own problems by not being open normal ours like everyone else but as you've said many times, it's your business and you know it best.

Did you try the printer fix I suggested?

Yes, it's whinging, it's consistent with previous posts.

Eddie

It never used to be like this. I have been a member of the forum for many years and I think I purchased my first watch directly from Eddie about 2007-ish.

Back then, we had a fighting chance of being able to order a new release.

I’ would question, now, how many of those purchasing are genuine enthusiasts looking to obtain and keep what Eddie set out to provide, (affordable quality homages), or just price gougers, scalpers.

Before year end we’ will see Navigators on a well known auction site with the usual £200-£300 markup.

Until then, what hope for the rest of us? 1)Take our chances 2) wait for the used market 3) shop elsewhere.

This time round, I’ am passing on the Navigator as I prefer my double domed PRS-29b, but I will take my chance when the caribbean is released.

Last edited by messym; 10th November 2020 at 14:53.

Craftsman
    It wasn't a big hardship to place on order. It was obvious there was going to be a mad rush, so I just set my alarm for 1:50, switched on the computer, started to order at 1:59, kept refreshing, order went through at 2:00pm, Job done.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBANNENAGY View Post
    It wasn't a big hardship to place on order. It was obvious there was going to be a mad rush, so I just set my alarm for 1:50, switched on the computer, started to order at 1:59, kept refreshing, order went through at 2:00pm, Job done.
    Agree...it was hardly like buying Glastonbury tickets like some people are making out. Be at the front of the queue at 1400hrs or miss out.

Quote Originally Posted by messym View Post
    It never used to be like this. I have been a member of the forum for many years and I think I purchased my first watch directly from Eddie about 2007-ish.

Back then, we had a fighting chance of being able to order a new release.

I’ would question, now, how many of those purchasing are genuine enthusiasts looking to obtain and keep what Eddie set out to provide, (affordable quality homages), or just price gougers, scalpers.

Before year end we’ will see Navigators on a well known auction site with the usual £200-£300 markup.

Until then, what hope for the rest of us? 1)Take our chances 2) wait for the used market 3) shop elsewhere.

This time round, I’ am passing on the Navigator as I prefer my double domed PRS-29b, but I will take my chance when the caribbean is released.

Despite the odd chancer on eBay, I think you are drawing wrong conclusions. Microbrands have got more popular and in the last 13 years, Eddie has definitely matured his watch design and brand image and as a result grown his market. It appears very much more international than it used to be, as demonstrated by the number of international non-forum-regulars posting in this thread.

I see Eddie's watches being discussed all over other watch forums like UGWC, so with a one-man setup, I'm not surprised he struggles to meet demand and subsequently there are ordering frenzies when he's open.

From seeing all the discussions on other forums, I think the majority of purchasers are enthusiasts. As I said above, you just have to make sure you are on the ball when the shop opens...the website coped and it wasn't like buying Glastonbury or in-demand concert tickets.

Long time lurker here and quiet supporter of Eddie's watches (owned quite a few over the many years some preowned and also moved them on) and this Smiths Navigator was a must-have for me when the initial concept images were released. An original mk11 for me was a ship that sailed long ago, and this was the best incarnation by far.

I think Timefactors are a little too niche for the common scalper (which suits me just fine and that's why they appeal that much to me whenever a knockout model like the navigator appears)

RC24161276 is my order number btw and looks to be the highest on here - happy to be the last to be shipped out but pls don't kick me out of the queue Eddie :)

Cheers

RC24161304

Urghhhh, I’ve had 2 emails from SAGEPAY and Eddie, hopefully i get it with no issues lol...

Journeyman
    I really hope not.

I've had Sagepay and Eddie's confirmation for my Baby Speedbird, but only a Sagepay response for the Navigator. Despite the Navigator order being placed first at 14:01

I'm just gonna put my trust in Eddie, as he's come though for all of my orders in the past. I could send him a query, but it would only slow him up even further. I'll find out in due course, I guess.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisK View Post
    I really hope not.

I've had Sagepay and Eddie's confirmation for my Baby Speedbird, but only a Sagepay response for the Navigator. Despite the Navigator order being placed first at 14:01

I'm just gonna put my trust in Eddie, as he's come though for all of my orders in the past. I could send him a query, but it would only slow him up even further. I'll find out in due course, I guess.
    Agreed, let him get through it in his own time.

i got a sagepay order confirmation RC24161027 at 14,02 and an Eddiemail into my spam folder
    hooves crossed!
    a black one...
    Last edited by GOAT; 10th November 2020 at 20:52.

Really fancied a black dial Nav but after a really long hard week at work I just didn't have the bandwidth to deal with the whole roulette thing on a Sunday afternoon so I didn't bother.

I've been a member for 14 years and have bought I think 7 new watches from Timefactors over that time. 6 of those have been sold to forum members at fair (to low?) prices. I still retain the 7th as my only watch (Everest 36mm). So I am not a collector so much as an enthusiastic and interested member. The prospect of trying to buy the way it is now is stressful. I am not trying to suggest different ways of doing it to Eddie. I am saying that it would be very nice if there could be a way for members of a certain vintage and loyalty to buy more easily nowadays.

Craftsman
    Always going to be a challenge for any business when they produce increasingly well respected products at a very competitive price and the availability of stock is limited; a potential 'scramble' is pretty much unavoidable when a new high interest model is released, even if the shop was open 24/7, unless you don't advertise the launch date.

Only stress for me was the computer initially telling me the site couldn't be reached on pressing the cart button

Master
    On Thursday I decided I would like to get another watch from TimeFactors. I knew what I wanted.
    On Sunday morning I set an alarm on my phone for 13.55.
    At 14:00 I added the watch to my basket, slight slow down on the site but no issues.
    At 14:01 I checked out, paid, and got my confirmation email.
    At 14:02 I got back to whatever I was doing previously.

Not the most stressful thing I did all week or even that day.