closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Is Oris quality going downhill???

Apprentice

Is Oris quality going downhill???

So, I've got an Oris Aquis Date 2017 43.5mm and a Big Crown Propilot and the quality is top notch! However, recently I've tried on several Aquis 39.5mm and Divers 65 and the quality is just not there. I'm talking misalignment, terrible bezel action and bad lume fill on the hands. These were on several different models, all within the last year. Anyone else had similar experiences? Is Oris quality going down while their prices go up? Tell me your thoughts.
    Last edited by CryptoKing; 8th November 2020 at 01:17.

Craftsman
    Were you looking at the watches in an AD? They could have been fakes otherwise

From when I looked at the 65 Bico at the beginning of the year I don't remember thinking the quality was off but maybe it was a decent example

Surely with the new in house movement on the aquis and the higher price point you'd hope that QC would be stepped up - only time will tell on that though

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by vortex89 View Post
    Were you looking at the watches in an AD? They could have been fakes otherwise

From when I looked at the 65 Bico at the beginning of the year I don't remember thinking the quality was off but maybe it was a decent example

Surely with the new in house movement on the aquis and the higher price point you'd hope that QC would be stepped up - only time will tell on that though
    Yep all from ADs.

I've looked at a few Oris recently. Quality appears spot on to me.

Master
    I once had a 5 month contract working with Williams Grand Prix back in 2004 when they had a deal with Oris. Williams sold special edition Oris watches with William's name on the dial. Most people in F1 are well paid and are into the big boy toy game which included watches. Even back then the Williams guys had doubts about the quality of Oris.

Quote Originally Posted by CryptoKing View Post
    So, I've got an Oris Aquis Date 2017 43.5mm and a Big Crown Propilot and the quality is top notch! However, recently I've tried on several Aquis 39.5mm and Divers 65 and the quality is just not there. I'm talking misalignment, terrible bezel action and bad lume fill on the hands. These were on several different models, all within the last year. Anyone else had similar experiences? Is Oris quality going down while their prices go up? Tell me your thoughts.
    I can’t comment on the Aquis but the divers 65 has long been known to have poor bezel action and lume. A lot of reviews commented on this but they got a pass, probably because it was so vintage-y it wasn’t out of keeping for it to be a bit shoddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    I once had a 5 month contract working with Williams Grand Prix back in 2004 when they had a deal with Oris. Williams sold special edition Oris watches with William's name on the dial. Most people in F1 are well paid and are into the big boy toy game which included watches. Even back then the Williams guys had doubts about the quality of Oris.
    Oris are not in the top tier of Swiss watches and never have been, back in the day they only used pin pallet movements.

However they have always been inexpensive so you have to compare them with stuff at a similar price point.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

I have a 6 month old Aquis GMt

Quality is spot on plus 2 seconds a day, plus the rubber and bracelet. What’s not to like quality is superb for the money

Apprentice

Is Oris quality going downhill???

Thanks for all the responses guys. I must have just tried on a few duds.

I don’t remember them being at the top of the hill.