closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Scott Brown Carpentry. Very agreeable YouTube channel. Recommended

Blog Entries

Scott Brown Carpentry. Very agreeable YouTube channel. Recommended

As per title: 'Chippy' Scott Brown from Auckland New Zealand has a YT channel that's worth watching! Over 250 episodes of his daily work as a carpenter.

Brown is a pleasant person to look at and to listen to. He's always explaining what he's doing - and why. And he's not afraid of showing details when things go wrong. Entertaining and educational at the same time. The music is good as well.

What's more, he comments on the tools he's using and includes their pros and cons. Comments under his videos reveal that a lot of professional carpenters are among the viewers and their comments are always positive.

Recommended for a few hours pleasant viewing and education.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_J...517dKdMb3n2OrQ

Random example:

Last edited by thieuster; 9th November 2020 at 15:49.

Master
    $300 for a designer hammer though! It's just a bit of steel on a handle to whack nails in with.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pointy View Post
    $300 for a designer hammer though! It's just a bit of steel on a handle to whack nails in with.
    I agree with you - being an amateur. I suppose that a professional who's hitting thousands of times with a hammer will have a certain 'feel' for it when a hammer is good/bad.

However, commenting on an expensive hammer is like one of those: "What, a 5K Rolex when your phone is also telling how late it is!?" phrases. There's always a difference of opinion when large sums are involved.