closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sinn New models Nov 2020

Craftsman

Sinn New models Nov 2020

https://www.sinn.de/en/New_Watches.htm

Some pretty interesting new models by Sinn. Racing green chrono and a new GMT, etc.

What do you guys think of these?

Nothing in there that floats my boat I'm afraid. The stacked date/day in awful, the GMT is bland and I don't like green dials. The bullhead looks interesting if you're into motor sport I suppose.

All in my humble opinion of course.

Green one is decent but the price is far too high...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I like the green 103, particularly on the canvas strap.

In the video, with the Eurotrash-esque voice over, it's mentioned that a Concepto movement is used. I've never heard of them, any good?

Master
    None of them float my boat. They just look dull, uninspired and so derivative. But maybe I’m just getting jaded with watches in general.

Craftsman
    I used to be a big fan but more recently I've gone right off Sinn, they're so overpriced now and they seem to be running out of ideas. Ten Years ago I remember paying £1400 for Arktis and 7 years ago I paid £1600 for a limited edition 103 Klassik Chronograph bought new from Chronomaster. Now the equivalent watches would be £3k! - Inflation isn't running that high! especially when you consider Damasko's prices have only gone up around 20% over the same period. Also build quality wasn't amazing, but OK for below £2k watch but at the today's prices when using generic flip lock clasps and Sellita movements, forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBANNENAGY View Post
    I used to be a big fan but more recently I've gone right off Sinn, they're so overpriced now and they seem to be running out of ideas. Ten Years ago I remember paying £1400 for Arktis and 7 years ago I paid £1600 for a limited edition 103 Klassik Chronograph bought new from Chronomaster. Now the equivalent watches would be £3k! - Inflation isn't running that high! especially when you consider Damasko's prices have only gone up around 20% over the same period. Also build quality wasn't amazing, but OK for below £2k watch but at the today's prices when using generic flip lock clasps and Sellita movements, forget it.
    I agree
    Sinn have not released a watch I have really wanted too own since the EZM10. (I quite like the 3006 but not at its retail price) There is nothing released this month that I would entertain owning. They look like part bin specials
    Sinn have become a bit too gimmicky and have pushed their prices up far to high especially on their long standing models. Its shame as the three I have are great watches for the money I paid.

I really don’t like those stacked date models - and nothing else there appeals to me much.

3 things come to mind.

1. Green is the new black.
    2. Sinns are getting expensive - Glad I bought a few already!
    3. Only the R50 looks interesting and it's too quirky to be interesting enough at that price.

I was all ready to say I liked the stacked date, because I expected the look where the next and previous date is visible along with the current one, but no, I hate the vertical day/date as well

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

The bullhead is interesting, not enough for me to lust after one though(overall design a lurks lacking). If I ever own a bullhead it will be the Omega.

Master
    I like the R500 but the pricing is putting me off a little, especially if it’s not a comfortable fit.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnie3585 View Post
    I like the green 103, particularly on the canvas strap.

In the video, with the Eurotrash-esque voice over, it's mentioned that a Concepto movement is used. I've never heard of them, any good?
    I have had a look at conception movements in the past. Impressive configurations based on valjoux 7750 designs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like them all!

Not so fussed about the stacked day/date but like it as a gmt.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnie3585 View Post
    Linde Werdelin use them in their SpidoSpeed and I had no issues with the one I owned.

Craftsman
    The 103 Sa G has some interesting details… not sure how I'd get on with the metallic green dial...

"Another special feature is the high-quality crystal. Here we use a high-domed sapphire crystal glass with a profile similar to that of traditional acrylic glass. Using specially made grinding tools, the sapphire crystal glass is ground out of a solid blank approximately 5 mm thick with five different curvature radii and is then carefully polished. This complex process offers outstanding benefits, making the sapphire crystal glass highly resistant and maintaining the classic appearance without losing the functional character of the watch."

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Willows View Post
    The 103 Sa G has some interesting details… not sure how I'd get on with the metallic green dial...

"Another special feature is the high-quality crystal. Here we use a high-domed sapphire crystal glass with a profile similar to that of traditional acrylic glass. Using specially made grinding tools, the sapphire crystal glass is ground out of a solid blank approximately 5 mm thick with five different curvature radii and is then carefully polished. This complex process offers outstanding benefits, making the sapphire crystal glass highly resistant and maintaining the classic appearance without losing the functional character of the watch."
    That's marketing BS for a box sapphire crystal. Eddie provides the same on the Everest for £325

Sinn New models Nov 2020

Not sure I like those hands on the 105. And another green watch.... bit boring to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by minkle View Post
    I like them all!

Not so fussed about the stacked day/date but like it as a gmt.
    I think the GMT looks pretty good too

I like the green chronograph and the 2 GMT watches, particularly the white dialled one.
    Maybe.......just maybe.

Craftsman
    Quite like the white dial GMT.

Don't like the Bullhead at all.

Generally not much seems to be different.

Agree they're getting pricier.

Like others, it all looks a bit bland and over priced to me. I think Damasko make better-looking, better priced and maybe even better-made watches.

More power to those who like them though

Echo what most other people have said. The bullhead is the best of the bunch but still not that interested.

Journeyman
    Hmmm nothing that floats my boat. I've been eyeing up the 556i for some time, and they have some other nice pilots watches, bit not impressed by their latest editions in afraid

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by alzone; 6th November 2020 at 19:47.

Master
    Green chrono pick of the bunch for me, followed by the white GMT.

As said, the day date stack not great IMO.

What is it with green watches? Had a 16610LV for a few years as a daily wearer and sold it as I just never grew to like the green, all this fuss over various green Rolex ever since and I always prefer the black versions. Sadly the enthusiasm for green models seems to have travelled to other brands ever since - I’m sure Robin Hood would approve, but give me black or blue over green every day of the week!

Apprentice
    I am liking the 105 UTC and its arrow (specially the white version) but too expensive for me imo...

I didn’t click on the link but if the 104 with red second hand is there, it certainly is a very nice watch.

I seem to be one of few who actually likes these new releases.
    Not overly bothered by yet another colourway for the 103 - very attractive watches but too easily damaged for my liking. Green just seems to be the theme for the last couple of years - lot of new releases showcase it (Moser, Blancpain, Rolex, IWC, GO, Breitling, Tutima &c.).
    The U1 C is tiny numbers and not for general release, so effectively irrelevant.
    I love the look of the bullhead R500, but would have preferred tegimented steel, not Ti - that bulky smooth case will be a scratch-whore. Nearly £4K too...
    The new 105 range is the sweet spot for me - I tried a 104, nice waych, but lacking in legibility and the polished untegimented surfaces and alloy bezel insert were too easy to damage for my (mildly obsessive) preferences. The 105s address this with clearer dials and tegimented bezels. The 3-hander edges it for me - I actually like day/date functions... Price seems fair for the quality that Sinn offers, especially if the GBP ever regains lost ground against the Euro...

That green 103 Sa G is simply beautiful. The dial texture is a dream. Wow

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Craftsman
    The green Sinn 103 looks absolutely beautiful.