closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Paulin x AnOrdain collaboration

Paulin x AnOrdain collaboration

What’s everyone’s thoughts on these new Paulin Neo watches?

They have worked (and are literally related to) AnOrdain and they are both Glasgow companies. It’s only a Seiko NH35A movement but the process they use to make the anodised aluminium dials is interesting as is the typography on the dial.

I thought it was worth a punt and ordered the yellow dial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    They look like nice watches. I do quite fancy one of the enamelled dials though, but am waiting for a design I really like to be released. Unsure what but I’ll know it when I see it.

Arrived this morning and I’m liking it so far.

Stunning!

That's quite a fun looking watch. Great choice with the yellow!!

Keen to see some more.

Here it is with its AnOrdain model 1 cousin. It’s nice to have a bit of colour to get you through the gloom!

First time for me. Nice design and nice colours. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are the hands on the Anordain heat treated? Its not clear from the photos. To be honest I have not heard of the other brand so any more information would be useful.

Craftsman
    They’re both Glasgow watchmakers. Paulin seem more of a design agency and anordain the artisan.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Are the hands on the Anordain heat treated? Its not clear from the photos. To be honest I have not heard of the other brand so any more information would be useful.
    The cream dial Model 1 has thermally blued hands. I’m not sure about the other colours but don’t think they do.

Also from the Paulin website.

“Paulin is all about family, design and a creative community, both from within and surrounding the brand. Founded by the Paulin sisters in 2013, the initial premise was designing and assembling simple, high quality, design-led watches. In the meantime, in addition to an ever-growing range of timepieces, Paulin has expanded into leather goods, released a best-selling wall clock and an upcoming floor lamp.”

https://www.paulinwatches.com/pages/...paulin-watches

One of the sisters Charlotte is married to Lewis Heath who founded AnOrdain.

Ps. Lovely watch OP, great to see it beside the red model 1.
    Last edited by Mr Tetley; 6th November 2020 at 22:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    The cream dial Model 1 has thermally blued hands. I’m not sure about the other colours but don’t think they do.

Also from the Paulin website.

“Paulin is all about family, design and a creative community, both from within and surrounding the brand. Founded by the Paulin sisters in 2013, the initial premise was designing and assembling simple, high quality, design-led watches. In the meantime, in addition to an ever-growing range of timepieces, Paulin has expanded into leather goods, released a best-selling wall clock and an upcoming floor lamp.”

https://www.paulinwatches.com/pages/...paulin-watches

One of the sisters Charlotte is married to Lewis Heath who founded AnOrdain.

Ps. Lovely watch OP, great to see it beside the red model 1.
    All the others have heat treated hands some blue others brown (Stowa have the same) the OPs watch doesn’t seem to have heat treated hands which is why I asked.

All the others have heat treated hands some blue others brown (Stowa have the same) the OPs watch doesn’t seem to have heat treated hands which is why I asked.
    Every day is a school day! Thanks for that.

Master
    I really like these watches. Something different and definitely not run of the mill. From reading the blurb they have put a lot of thought into the design including an all new typeface. It is the first time I have heard of anodised aluminium being used for a dial.

That photo of both the AnOrdain and the Paulin is great and both dials really stand out. Another one to add to the ever growing wish list.

Yeh they are heat treated, both the hands and the enamel dial make it a bit tricky to get a good photo.

https://wornandwound.com/introducing...avorite-scots/

Here’s a decent article on worn and wound about the Paulin Neo if anyone fancies a read.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistolpete21 View Post
    Yeh they are heat treated, both the hands and the enamel dial make it a bit tricky to get a good photo.

Thanks I was interested in the red dial one and this is the first one I have found on the net. Both watches are the same size right? Is the Paulin a closed case back and do they also engrave like Anordain?

Thanks I was interested in the red dial one and this is the first one I have found on the net. Both watches are the same size right? Is the Paulin a closed case back and do they also engrave like Anordain?
    Yeh they are both 38mm. You can choose to have either an open or closed case back with the Paulin, I went for the closed.

The AnOrdain also has a closed case back and they offer free engraving. I wasn’t fussed about getting it engraved. My one is slightly different from the normal one however as it is is the James Porter & son dial. They are a great family run jewellers in Glasgow who worked with AnOrdain and who’s name replaced the words Vitreous enamel at the bottom of the dial.

Here’s a better photo of the hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistolpete21 View Post
    Yeh they are both 38mm. You can choose to have either an open or closed case back with the Paulin, I went for the closed.

The AnOrdain also has a closed case back and they offer free engraving. I wasn’t fussed about getting it engraved. My one is slightly different from the normal one however as it is is the James Porter & son dial. They are a great family run jewellers in Glasgow who worked with AnOrdain and who’s name replaced the words Vitreous enamel at the bottom of the dial.

Many thanks thats great to know, I noticed they also do clocks going to get one of those for the kids bedroom too. Think I will put an order in for one of their watches and thanks for the extra photo of the Anordain very interesting about the different dial I did read that on request they can do a different colour for you. Nice photo with the hands on better showing your first photo they looked more "metal" than the heat treated brown.