closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Best Mobile Phone Case

Best Mobile Phone Case

I'll be pre-ordering the iPhone 12 mini tomorrow & want a case for when it arrives.
    I'm a heavy user and it'll get thrown around a bit so needs to offer proper protection to all sides including a "lip" so if I drop it on its screen it doesn't hit the ground.
    I don't want a flap that covers the screen and has to be folded back or a card holder or anything like that.
    I've used Mous cases on my iPhones up to now but they're a little boring so wondering what you all use?
    Any recommendations for me? Happy to spend maybe up to £50ish on the basis it needs to last 4ish years.

Cheers

Master
    I use pretty lightweight cases these days (and hope for the best).

I liked Otterbox when I had a Nokia N72 a while ago:

https://www.otterbox.co.uk/en-gb/iphone-12-mini

I only ever buy Spigen. I have both here for the pixel 5 but only use the top one. Would recommend.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Always used spigen. otter box offer total encapsulation of the phone if you need it but why hide such a good looking phone unless you absolutely need to.

I’ve been very happy with the brown leather case I got from Decodedbags. It has the bottom open which I prefer for the home gesture. The buttons are a very smart copper colour.

https://decodedbags.com/collections/...tion-iphone-12

Another happy Spigen customer here after a recommendation on this forum years ago. I'm on my 3rd case now and the whole family use them. None of us use screen protectors and the lip has saved the phone every time it hits the floor!

Spigen Tough Armour.
    F.T.F.A.

Otterbox

Spigen for my last three or four phones.
    I tend to use the 'Rugged Armor' ones and have never had a problem (inc. a few drops).

Mous. Expensive but totally worth it.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Look at Supcase. I have them on phones and pads, and they do a really good job at protecting them

Craftsman

Quadlock

Quadlock iphone cases are really good. Very robust. But smooth and slip into your pocket.
    Been using one on my iPhone X for the last 2 years. Looks as good as new. Well almost.

Designed to mount to a bike mount etc. I don’t use it for that anymore.

https://www.quadlockcase.co.uk/colle...iphone-12-mini

Most of you have said it. Yes Spigen.

I got a speck presidio clear - from Argos when I picked up my 11, seems pretty good so far - usually have otterbox which I can Recommend highly, never had a broken screen or damaged phone to date with the otterbox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    All my family have used Spigen and they have saved the lives of phones on many occasions

Another vote for Spigen - had one on my XS and now on my new 12Pro.

Master
    Another Spigen user here! Cost around a tenner on amazon and have saved my phones on multiple occasions. I use the rugged armour and it still looks great after a year of use. Wife has the tough armour in a rose gold colour and although its held up well it does show more wear than mine.

Master
    I have had an otter box for 4 years and it has saved the phone many times. The total encapsulation thing is also useful at times.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm Android, rather than Apple, but Spigen are my go-to cases of choice.

My personal preference is the Neo Hybrid, but they do a full range from very slim to fully rugged. They are always very well designed, fit the handset extremely well with the cut-outs in exactly the right place, and offer great value for money.

Master
    Blog Entries
    No apple leather cases, wonder why that is?

Master
    Spigen here as well, have always used them. Currently have one on my Note 9 and the Mrs has one on her Note 8. My go to cases👍

Master
    Mous for me I’m on around construction sites a fair bit so the phone does take a hammering I’ve had the same mous case on my X since release and despite plenty of drops both phone and case are in great condition.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    I’ve been very happy with the brown leather case I got from Decodedbags. It has the bottom open which I prefer for the home gesture. The buttons are a very smart copper colour.

Those look great Phil.

I've just got a Midnight Green 11 pro max and wanted a leather case. I have been worried that a tan case would clash with the green... but maybe I should try one of these.

I bought a Woolnut green leather case and now worried that'll be *too* green!

I do like the look of the Decodedbags ones; as you say the metal bits are smart. Does they age nicely?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    No apple leather cases, wonder why that is?
    There is now. They just weren't available at launch but are on the website now. Hard to beat the official apple cases for quality imo. Ive gone with the blue silicon one for now as the leather wasn't available but will probably replace it for leather at some point

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Those look great Phil.

I've just got a Midnight Green 11 pro max and wanted a leather case. I have been worried that a tan case would clash with the green... but maybe I should try one of these.

I bought a Woolnut green leather case and now worried that'll be *too* green!

I do like the look of the Decodedbags ones; as you say the metal bits are smart. Does they age nicely?
    The metal looks as good as new (after 4 days of ownership).

Spigen for me.

Newcastle based 'Torro' brand if I want a leather case.

Check out Gorain cases
    Superb

Master
    Otterbox Strada

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    Otterbox Strada
    I always use the Otterbox Strada folio and the phone stays immaculate.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    I always use the Otterbox Strada folio and the phone stays immaculate.
    So is mine. And they don't slip out of your hand all the time. Although the magnet can pick up some odd things.

Master
    Nothing screams ‘advancing age’ and ‘technophobe’ more than a folio case. And they look ridiculous when taking a call.

Spigen and Otterbox are nice but at the end of the day, its just plastic...I've had them in the past and now I just buy cheap versions from eBay. If you pick correctly, you'll end up with the same protection for about a fifth the cost.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Otter box - makes the back level, and the raised edges protect the face. Protected (and regularly sat on) iPhone 5, 6s and 11.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post

Thanks for the link - I ordered a forest green one for my 11 pro, love the colour and it was on offer at £22

Have favoured Spigen for some years and will stick with them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mk2driver View Post
    Thanks for the link - I ordered a forest green one for my 11 pro, love the colour and it was on offer at £22
    Agree, they look great, but the 11 pro max ones say ‘sale’ but when you click through they don’t appear to actually be reduced; they’re still £37; same as iPhone 12 ones. Shame, as I’d have had one for £22 but not £37 as I’ve already got one leather case.

Master
    Spigen, I've been using them for the past 6+ years and every phone I have had has been like new at the end of the 2 years.

My kids kept getting rubbish cheap cases from god only knows where and we had smashed screen after smashed screen (they are all iPhone users). The girls upgraded and now have an XR and an 11Pro, both are in Spigen cases now, that was a stipulation of upgrading them, both have been dropped as per the usual thing for a teenager but no damage whatsoever to the phone body or screens. Praise the Lord!!

Wouldn't even bother looking at other brands. I was replacing a screen every month prior to switching the girls over to spigen cases....... no, I'm not joking either :-(

Cheers - GB
    Last edited by gingerboy; 8th November 2020 at 12:51.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gingerboy View Post
    Spigen, I've been using them for the past 6+ years and every phone I have had has been like new at the end of the 2 years.

My kids kept getting rubbish cheap cases from god only knows where and we had smashed screen after smashed screen (they are all iPhone users). The girls upgraded and now have an XR and an 11Pro, both are in Spigen cases now, that was a stipulation of upgrading them, both have been dropped as per the usual thing for a teenager but no damage whatsoever to the phone body or screens. Praise the Lord!!

Wouldn't even bother looking at other brands. I was replacing a screen every month prior to switching the girls over to spigen cases....... no, I'm not joking either :-(

Cheers - GB
    Why would they even try to be careful with them when they know daddy will just keep putting shiny new screens on them?

Ok, that was a bit harsh, and I take your point, but really - every month? That must have cost a fortune!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Why would they even try to be careful with them when they know daddy will just keep putting shiny new screens on them?

Ok, that was a bit harsh, and I take your point, but really - every month? That must have cost a fortune!
    Either one or the other would break a screen each month.... they were iPhone 6 screens so not stupidly expensive but still £30 even at mates rates with a friend who does them. I can honestly say that at times I'd be going mental. Best one though, youngest daughter, aged 14 at the time, gave a back up phone to a friend to borrow because her phone was broken and returned it with a smashed screen...... it had a new screen a couple of weeks earlier. That was an interesting conversation

I literally hate iPhones, utter garbage, never had an android phone that's been so delicate, eaten batteries, failed home buttons, screen of death etc. I literally hate them as a brand, I do appreciate that is completely irrational.

Paul

Craftsman
    I normally buy Spigen cases but the last time I bought a Griffin Survivor case.

Couldn’t be happier. It is relatively thin but has excellent protection. Dropped the phone a couple of times and no damage.

https://getsurvivor.com

Just bought an armadillo tek case for Samsung and very impressed- their mission is to be more rugged than Otterbox/UAG but cheaper

Master
    I’ve used a moshi one on my X since they came out 3 years ago. It’s been dropped many times from wagon doors and top decks of trailers so about 7 to 10 feet onto concrete and tarmac. It’s never damaged the phone or the screen and the only time any damage was caused was when I put a fancy glass protector that promised the earth on it and that broke first week just with keys in my pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I've used Tech21 cases for all my iPhones over the years (9 iPhones over 10 years), and would never buy anything else.
    I've dropped every single iPhone I've had on it's sides, corners, screen, on every surface imaginable including tiles, concrete and tarmac, and have had absolutely zero damage ever.
    The case may get scuffed when dropped harshly, but every single phone has always remained pristine, in full working order, and I've never had a screen crack.
    Tech21 for me.

Thanks for all the replies. I'm sick of boring cases so wanted either something that showed off the phone or, preferably, something more fun.
    I've gone for the latter.
    Found these guys: https://uk.casestation.com/
    They've been great with the info. Even sent me a PDF of the tests they put the cases through. Went for their toughest. It should be here tomorrow or Monday.
    I'm excited!

Craftsman
    I purchased a mous Limitless 2 case. Along with the Flip Wallet. Would recommend.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches;[URL="[URL
    tel:5586580[/URL]"]5586580[/URL]]Thanks for all the replies. I'm sick of boring cases so wanted either something that showed off the phone or, preferably, something more fun.
    I've gone for the latter.
    Found these guys: https://uk.casestation.com/
    They've been great with the info. Even sent me a PDF of the tests they put the cases through. Went for their toughest. It should be here tomorrow or Monday.
    I'm excited!
    Just had a browse at those, you’ve ordered the Watford one haven’t you

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    Just had a browse at those, you’ve ordered the Watford one haven’t you

Hahaha I did look at that! But no, I've made my own - skiing related with a piste map from my favourite resort, a couple of photos from my best trips and a quote or two from some legendary moments.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerboy View Post
    Either one or the other would break a screen each month.... they were iPhone 6 screens so not stupidly expensive but still £30 even at mates rates with a friend who does them. I can honestly say that at times I'd be going mental. Best one though, youngest daughter, aged 14 at the time, gave a back up phone to a friend to borrow because her phone was broken and returned it with a smashed screen...... it had a new screen a couple of weeks earlier. That was an interesting conversation

I literally hate iPhones, utter garbage, never had an android phone that's been so delicate, eaten batteries, failed home buttons, screen of death etc. I literally hate them as a brand, I do appreciate that is completely irrational.

Paul
    I think it depends how they are used. I’m on my fourth iPhone in about 10 years, as is my wife and eldest son. None of us has ever broken a single screen on an iPhone, or had to replace the battery or had anything fail at all (actually that’s a fib - my son dropped his iPhone in the sea and apple care paid for a replacement - the AirPods he also dropped in were rinsed under a tap, dried, and still work fine a year later). We do always keep them in something like an otterbox or spigen case - the slimmer ones not the really chunky ones - and ive always had a screen protector fitted by apple when I buy the phones for the family. I see so many people jamming phones in back pockets without a case, in their bag with their keys, chucked across the room, casually dropped on the floor whilst in the supermarket. It’s not the phones, it’s the users I’m afraid! As an aside, teenage girls seem to be the worst phone abusers - my sons girlfriends phones seem to get rhinestones stuck on them, stupid glittery cases that offer no protection, a splash of nail varnish remover here, a drop onto concrete from their overflowing handbag, false nails so long they can’t grip anything, wedged in the back jeans pocket and sat on - glad I’ve got boys with pockets tbh!