closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Patek service times

SydR

Patek service times

Hi,

Anyone had a Patek in for service recently? If so how long did it take to get a quote for the work?

I dropped mine off with my AD around four weeks ago and am still waiting to hear. AD requested an update from the Patek service centre today.

Craftsman
    Took a watch in during July, got a quote approx. 3 weeks later. Picked up watch approx. 2 months after that. Actually, that was faster than I expected.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

SydR

Patek service times

My AD has confirmed they contacted the service centre for an update on Thursday. Hopefully hear something soon!

SydR
    Got an update today from the AD. PP say, as expected, things are taking a bit longer due to Covid and that they have my watch in Geneva.

Blog Entries
    Once the quote was in maybe 8 weeks + extra time for holidays (Christmas can add a couple weeks)

In US, I hear horror stories of 1year service times... we should count ourselves lucky.

SydR
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Once the quote was in maybe 8 weeks + extra time for holidays (Christmas can add a couple weeks)

In US, I hear horror stories of 1year service times... we should count ourselves lucky.
    Hopefully I will get mine back in under a year.

Quote Originally Posted by SydR View Post
    Got an update today from the AD. PP say, as expected, things are taking a bit longer due to Covid and that they have my watch in Geneva.
    Interesting that your Patek had to be returned back to Geneva.

I know that the UK service centre can service most of their pieces, apart from the upper tier of the Grand Complication range and their vintage models.

Which model are they servicing for you?

SydR
    Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    Interesting that your Patek had to be returned back to Geneva.

I know that the UK service centre can service most of their pieces, apart from the upper tier of the Grand Complication range and their vintage models.

Which model are they servicing for you?
    It’s a Calatrava from around 1980 with the 350 backwinder movement so falls into vintage.

It’s a Calatrava from around 1980 with the 350 backwinder movement so falls into vintage.
    Ah, that makes sense.

Not too many of those around.

SydR
    Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    Ah, that makes sense.

Not too many of those around.
    I bought it as I like the unusual look. Lack of crown on the side gives it a nice clean look.

Blog Entries
    I would love to see some pictures once you get it back - as would others I think. Good luck with the service - my guess is you should get it back by January. All the best. Martyn

SydR
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I would love to see some pictures once you get it back - as would others I think. Good luck with the service - my guess is you should get it back by January. All the best. Martyn
    January was the estimate my AD gave.

I bought the watch earlier this year knowing it needed a bit of TLC but got it at a price where there was a healthy margin in getting that done. I’ve asked for it to remain as original as possible as the case, dial and hands were what pushed me to buy it.

Will certainly post images when it is returned to me,

SydR

Patek service times

Now seven weeks and still no sign of quote.

I suspect we’ll have the population vaccinated against Covid before I see my watch again .

A friend has a reasonably complicated PP (calendar etc.). He waited 5 months last year from dropping it off at the dealer in London to getting it back.

He put the time to good use by buying an ALS which he now likes more :).

SydR
    Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    A friend has a reasonably complicated PP (calendar etc.). He waited 5 months last year from dropping it off at the dealer in London to getting it back.

He put the time to good use by buying an ALS which he now likes more :).
    I don’t need an excuse to buy any more

SydR
    11 weeks and counting.

It’s now starting at 16 weeks from a retailer who I spoke with last week about getting a annual calendar. It’s ridiculous....

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

SydR

Patek service times

I assume Covid is having an impact on them. I know, from a friend who lives near the Switzerland / Italy, border things there aren’t great.

SydR
    Woohoo! Got quote today.

Saying 17 weeks for the work.

Blog Entries
    11 weeks and counting.
    . @19 Dec

Woohoo! Got quote today.

Saying 17 weeks for the work.
    So that’s nearly 30 weeks end to end. whoop whoop (not). Is that about 6 months??

perhaps you need 2 Patek?
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 21st December 2020 at 18:02.

SydR
    There needs to be an irony icon that I could add to my previous post .

If it arrives back in 17 weeks that will be 28 in total.

Not sure if it is some way on an apology on the quote but two items, I’d expect to pay for, are marked as free of charge.

I’m not in a hurry for it to be honest as I have a number of other watches to wear whilst it is away.

SydR
    Got a call today to tell me that the watch is back with the AD. Just need to wait on shops opening up so I can collect it .

Impressive turnaround - around half the time quoted. [Maybe they just include a full 1x margin in their quote.]. Still the same price sadly.

SydR
    I am wondering if less people are putting watches in for service at this time hence the quicker that stated turnaround.

Craftsman
    I put a Gondolo 5124 in just before Christmas via an AD. Got a call mid. Feb. that it is back. They offered to post but I have elected to wait until shop opens to pick up. Good service compared to what I read above. Maybe just luck of the draw?

SydR
    My AD also offered to post. I’d rather collect too when shops reopen

SydR
    Got appointment booked for day shops are due to open to pick watch up.

SydR
    Dropped off October 10th.

Picked up late afternoon today.

Worth the wait - what a lovely thing, pretty rare I expect.

SydR

Patek service times

Thanks. Going to have to dig out the light tent and get some proper images. It picks up every reflection.

From what I can find there were around 10,000 watches made with this peripherally wound movement.

I was slightly nervous about getting it back as Patek were very keen on the second and minute hands being replaced; so much so that they threw them in free of charge. My main concern was that the hour hand may look out of place but, thankfully it doesn’t and they are a great match.
    Last edited by SydR; 26th April 2021 at 22:26.