closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Webwatchmaker – A Review

Webwatchmaker – A Review

I've been asked a few times in the last few months who I use for my servicing and repairs and thought I'd write a little review :)

I’ve used Brendan now for a good few years and can honestly say that everything he has ever worked on for me, has come back serviced or fixed to the highest standards. I’ve not once had to send something back as it’s stopped working or not been fixed properly – an issue I had with my previous watchmaker, hence why I sought out Brendan’s help.

As some of you know, I collect vintage Enicars and run the Enicar Forums. Because of this, all my Enicars have to be 100% correct (nothing worse than getting called out for something incorrect when you’re supposed to know!) and Brendan puts up with my OCD very well and always gets things sorted for me how I like. As an example, I recently had a project to restore a Mark II Sherpa Graph with the arrow hands on the minute and hour counters. The ones I provided didn’t fit correctly and without so much as a grumble Brendan sorted them out for me. If this had been my previous watchmaker, they would have been sent back with a sorry and shrug of the shoulders!

In summary, Brendan is a hugely experienced watchmaker that you can rely on and trust to get the job done in my opinion. He’s got some great contacts from his days working in Switzerland that’s extremely useful.

I thought this would be better off here rather than H&V as it was more of a review if someone is looking for a watchmaker

Steve

Blog Entries
    I can vouch also. He has serviced my Rolex 16660 (sadly missed as I foolishly sold it on - a sad day) and Patek 5146J. Complete with pictures of the work during service. I am sure there are others used his services. Cheers Brendan!

Master
    Another vote from me as he serviced the Seamaster 2255.80 I am wearing now a year or so ago and it still runs perfectly now. The photos along the way were also interesting to see!

Ditto
    Nothing but praise for top work and great communications

Master
    In addition to servicing a number of my watches Brendan also did a great job restoring my battered 806.
    Will be sending him another vintage watch to service later this week.

Journeyman
    I used Brendan to service a couple of 60's Omegas and he did an outstanding job. Ive recommended him to anyone who has asked about servicing since and will continue to do so

Master
    Blog Entries
    Another very satisfied customer here.

Worth adding to H&V surely.

Blog Entries
    Always had good service from Brendan.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Another recommendation here, fantastic communication and quick turnaround

Webwatchmaker – A Review

Another delighted customer here! My own review/story here: https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...h-with-a-story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with this I've had great service from Brendan which I put in hero’s and villains at the time as well
    Dan

Craftsman
    My Heuer Bund is with Brendan now, in very safe hands.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Master
    I always remember one of his first posts here, he showed how he completely overhauled a vintage movement, including manufacturing himself replacement cogs or screws - minuscule things but made perfectly. I still remember it with great admiration and wonder. I’d definitely send him a watch based on that alone. I don’t keep up with TZUK politics so I can’t comment further but I’m glad he’s clearly regarded as a ‘good guy’ here.

Craftsman
    Out of interest what are his approximate prices for a service (I appreciate that sometimes it is very much watch and job dependent)

Another satisfied customer of Brendan's here. Just this morning got my Buler Tasmania back from Brendan - Not an expensive watch but with a nice vintage vibe. Looks like new and ticking along nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Zook View Post
    Out of interest what are his approximate prices for a service (I appreciate that sometimes it is very much watch and job dependent)
    Why don't you drop him a PM and ask?

That would seem the polite, appropriate and sensible approach.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Brendan's prices are on his website.

Master

From his website

https://www.webwatchmaker.co.uk/prices

Brendan has also done work for me. Again, highly recommended.

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Thank you.
    I am very moved and humbled by all your comments. Back in 1968, I got into watchmaking rather by accident. I had planned to train as an Airline Pilot, but my parents were in a road crash, which meant that I went to live in Dublin with my aunt. She saw me making model aircraft kits, observed my working with my hands and noticed an advertisement in the newspaper for a Watchmaking Apprenticeship. To cut a long story short, I took the job and loved every minute of it. That was over 50 years ago and if I had my time ever again I would still go back to this amazing business. I repair far fewer watches nowadays but my love of watchmaking is still passionate.
    Thanks again. I hope to continue to serve my customers until my own mainspring runs down.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    From his website

https://www.webwatchmaker.co.uk/prices

Brendan has also done work for me. Again, highly recommended.
    Damn! - didn't know he has a shop in Torquay. Was down there twice this year as my son's at Exeter Uni. Probably drove past as well it on the way to the cliff railway (well worth a visit btw!)

Quote Originally Posted by Webwatchmaker View Post
    Thank you.
    I am very moved and humbled by all your comments. Back in 1968, I got into watchmaking rather by accident. I had planned to train as an Airline Pilot, but my parents were in a road crash, which meant that I went to live in Dublin with my aunt. She saw me making model aircraft kits, observed my working with my hands and noticed an advertisement in the newspaper for a Watchmaking Apprenticeship. To cut a long story short, I took the job and loved every minute of it. That was over 50 years ago and if I had my time ever again I would still go back to this amazing business. I repair far fewer watches nowadays but my love of watchmaking is still passionate.
    Thanks again. I hope to continue to serve my customers until my own mainspring runs down.

We are very lucky to have yourself and Brendan (The watch bloke) on this forum, long may it continue

Another recommendation. Brendan did a fantastic job refinishing an AP bracelet for me.

Delighted with the work to the crown / stem on my HKED Bund...
    Thanks Brendan

Craftsman
    Fixed a Panerai for me, did a great job!
    Top bloke!

Top man - Brendan has done some work on my vintage pieces.

Several great experiences with Brendan and one that I should have taken his advice on. He was repairing a family heirloom Seiko for me and rang to say the crowns on those days were a little thin and would I like to have it replaced with a wider one. I said no as I wanted to keep it original. I don't wear it as the crown is too small and fiddly to wind :(

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Several great experiences with Brendan and one that I should have taken his advice on. He was repairing a family heirloom Seiko for me and rang to say the crowns on those days were a little thin and would I like to have it replaced with a wider one. I said no as I wanted to keep it original. I don't wear it as the crown is too small and fiddly to wind :(
    That IS funny ! At least I was half listened to !
    Probably not too late as well. I'm sure I still have a few Seiko crowns to fit your watch.

Master
    Brendan has worked on a watch for me.he did a excellent job ,promptly and reasonably priced.definitely recommended.

Craftsman
    Brendan is a legend! I've had the pleasure of him working on a vintage Heuer Pocket watch that I battered as a child, not knowing what it was. He did sterling work of putting back to its former glory without losing any of its vintage feel. He kept me informed throughout the process, with emails, photos & videos. He also gave me some pointers on tools and literature to start me on my path to learning about watch repair - couldn't ask for more and can't recommend him enough. I actually have a watch of my other Grandfather's waiting to send that to him....just keep putting it off for no other reason than it requires me to get off my backside and send it to him....And deal with the local post office, something that fills me with dread at any time, let alone in the current Covid world.

Craftsman
    Brendan is a top bloke and talented watchmaker. He has serviced vintage Rolex 1655 and Speedbird PRS12 for me. Great comms with images of the work in progress.