timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I’ve just found G shocks!

Master
    This is getting outta hand...
    Love it!

Master
    Think I might have to submit to a Bluetooth one. I love the cheap functionality of my GW-M5610-1BER but the month/day configuration really bugs me (in ways only WIS can be bugged).

I’ve just found G shocks!

My absolute all time favourite G shock - and I’ve had over 100 I reckon, currently have 23! - is the DW-5600e. The plain, bog standard square. Why? Well, it just seems ‘right’ in the way some things just do. They got the design perfect, then have tried to re-invent and replicate it over the years. Yes, I know it’’s not the original metal screw back version, but it fits my wrist better than the 5610, as it is slightly larger top to bottom and I have large wrists. It’s light and flatter as it has the resin case, and the beauty of a battery with a resin case as opposed to solar is a truly loud alarm and bright backlight - certainly the alarm is considerably louder than any solar/atomic variation, it’s not even comparable. I’ve had one for over 9 years now and wore it for any DIY over that period - I recently changed the battery for the first time which was pretty easy, but the whole thing is a bit shiny (probably because it’s been covered in paint dozens of times and scrubbed clean with an old tooth brush!) when new it was a lovely Matt black and now looks a bit tired. So, for £70 I’ve just bought a new one which I’ll keep as my ‘nice’ version whilst I continue to batter the old one!
    If you are new to square G shocks and are enjoying the metal variants, why not try the old school one? It will make a nice companion (I’m sure they get lonely on their own, in fact I think mine are breeding!) and you can wear it when you want to keep the scratches and dings off it’s shiny big brother!

Loupe, I don't think I could pull that off but that looks great. I keep looking at the other titanium model but the gold is putting me off.

Having just got hold of my first real titanium GMW-B5000 (this far I’ve only had standard steel modules which I fit with Ti bezels and bracelets) I have to say I am massively impressed. The light weight, the machining on the case back, and the whole package really is thoroughly awesome.

And if you can live with the blue camo finish (which I think is FG, by the way), then you don’t have to worry about gold accents as the buttons and screws are all black.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    My absolute all time favourite G shock - and I’ve had over 100 I reckon, currently have 23! - is the DW-5600e. The plain, bog standard square. Why? Well, it just seems ‘right’ in the way some things just do. They got the design perfect, then have tried to re-invent and replicate it over the years. Yes, I know it’’s not the original metal screw back version, but it fits my wrist better than the 5610, as it is slightly larger top to bottom and I have large wrists. It’s light and flatter as it has the resin case, and the beauty of a battery with a resin case as opposed to solar is a truly loud alarm and bright backlight - certainly the alarm is considerably louder than any solar/atomic variation, it’s not even comparable. I’ve had one for over 9 years now and wore it for any DIY over that period - I recently changed the battery for the first time which was pretty easy, but the whole thing is a bit shiny (probably because it’s been covered in paint dozens of times and scrubbed clean with an old tooth brush!) when new it was a lovely Matt black and now looks a bit tired. So, for £70 I’ve just bought a new one which I’ll keep as my ‘nice’ version whilst I continue to batter the old one!
    If you are new to square G shocks and are enjoying the metal variants, why not try the old school one? It will make a nice companion (I’m sure they get lonely on their own, in fact I think mine are breeding!) and you can wear it when you want to keep the scratches and dings off it’s shiny big brother!
    I can see me buying lots more.....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Loupe, I don't think I could pull that off but that looks great. I keep looking at the other titanium model but the gold is putting me off.
    It’s fab.
    like I said before, it’s a bit of fun.
    The only watches I’ve worn for the last few weeks are G Shocks.
    They are all the same model but all so different. I actually like picking them up in the morning without having to set the time or date.
    I just wash and go!
    These are very similar to Rolex, bought wisely they are depreciation free.
    Looking forward to the pitch forks in SC about Casio flippers!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PreacherCain View Post
    Having just got hold of my first real titanium GMW-B5000 (this far I’ve only had standard steel modules which I fit with Ti bezels and bracelets) I have to say I am massively impressed. The light weight, the machining on the case back, and the whole package really is thoroughly awesome.

And if you can live with the blue camo finish (which I think is FG, by the way), then you don’t have to worry about gold accents as the buttons and screws are all black.
    The did toy with the idea of buying the blue camo when I couldn’t source the original one. Glad I bought this one though.

Craftsman
    I have four 5610s... Original, adrenaline, a blue and a semi metal.. very tempted by the Ti, and with 20% off on some sites, it might be hard to resist