closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hamilton deserves a knighthood or....................

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    If he does get a knighthood, I expect social media will have meltdown. A lot of very angry, jealous, bitter and racist folks will be very unhappy.
    Don't sell yourself short.

If he does get a knighthood, I expect social media will have meltdown. A lot of very angry, jealous, bitter and racist folks will be very unhappy.
    I'm sure you'll be ok though ?

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    I'm sure you'll be ok though ?

I have already written I would prefer it to happen after he retired.

But I bet you won’t be not best pleased if it happens. But if it helps, just remember he has won his 7th WDC, has the World record for the number of win, proved in Turkey it wasn’t “just the car”, that he does pay him taxes and his trying to use his own experiences, the F1, the FIA, Liberty media, etc to push a more inclusive and more equal society.

So achieved a bit more than most non-Cockwombles. Perhaps a non Cockwomble is just a cock.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

I have already written I would prefer it to happen after he retired.

But I bet you won’t be not best pleased if it happens. But if it helps, just remember he has won his 7th WDC, has the World record for the number of win, proved in Turkey it wasn’t “just the car”, that he does pay him taxes and his trying to use his own experiences, the F1, the FIA, Liberty media, etc to push a more inclusive and more equal society.

So achieved a bit more than most non-Cockwombles. Perhaps a non Cockwomble is just a cock.
    What taxes does him pay?

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    I don’t know why it is so hard to understand.
    The future Sir Lewis of Stevenage is a cockwomble. This does not alter the fact that he is an exceptional driver and has achieved great things within his chosen profession.

Plenty of other cockwombles have been awarded knighthoods,for instance Sir Andy Murray.

Another good thing for LHs chance for a knighthood as far as I know there has never been any suspicion of performance related drugs used by him or the people around him ? Sir Bradley and Sir Mo had guys who were perhaps not totally clean around them even though they were totally clean themselves.

But if it helps, just remember he has won his 7th WDC, has the World record for the number of win, proved in Turkey it wasn’t “just the car”, that he does pay him taxes and his trying to use his own experiences, the F1, the FIA, Liberty media, etc to push a more inclusive and more equal society.
    I agree with your record of his achievements and I think that he deserves the honour of a knighthood, which makes it all the more strange that you hope he'd refuse to accept the honour if he were to be offered it now.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    What taxes does him pay?

He is an employee of Mercedes-AMG Petronas (who are located and registered in the UK). Hence he pays taxes on the salary he receives including NI contribution. He also pays community charges (Council Tax) on the properties he owns in the UK.
    Last edited by Andyg; 23rd November 2020 at 10:22.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I agree with your record of his achievements and I think that he deserves the honour of a knighthood, which makes it all the more strange that you hope he'd refuse to accept the honour if he were to be offered it now.

R

It a personal thing (and applies to all sports personalities). I think that it’s because I associated people being called Sir or Dame with them being old and past their prime.

Friedrich Nietzsche

He is an employee of Mercedes-AMG Petronas (who are located and registered in the UK). Hence he pays taxes on the salary he receives including NI contribution. He also pays community charges (Council Tax) on the properties he owns in the UK.
    how do you know his employment details or tax details? do you know mine as well?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    It's a pity a person can't dislike an individual due to his public persona without being called a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    It's a pity a person can't dislike an individual due to his public persona without being called a racist.
    Totally agree with this, maybe a Sussex thing haha

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    how do you know his employment details or tax details? do you know mine as well?
    Andyg has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    Because his tax affairs have been subject to an All Party Government enquiry, lead by Lord Hain and if he wasn’t squeaky clean then I am sure we would be having a completely different conversation.

As for his £18m London house, (previously owned by the Burberry Chief designer), again its on public record, so unless he has some very special dispensation, he will have paid Stamp Duty (about £2m) and Council Tax.

But no, I don’t know his exact tax status, nor how much he actually earns here, or any of the other countries he earns money in during a typical race season, however I bet he employs a team of accountants to make sure he doesn’t pay anymore tax than he has to. So just like everyone else in his position.

Regarding your tax status, again no idea and no desire, but fear not, I am sure we have some members of forum would be very happy to investigate it further, even if not invited to😀.

Friedrich Nietzsche

GQ's Gamechanger of the Year.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

He’s had enough practice kneeling

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    GQ's Gamechanger of the Year.

R
    WTF ?
    He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy !

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    WTF ?
    He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy !
    Ready salted

Friedrich Nietzsche

He doesn’t necessarily pay tax in the UK if he is an overseas employee.

Council tax isn’t a great amount, maximum in London is ~£3,000.

So, yes he will pay tax but not what most people would expect he should.

Who are these “most people” you are referring to?

Do you mean people who are to lazy to do a bit of home work or like to assume he doesn’t pay enough tax, I.el lazy ignorant bigots? However just for clarity he pays tax on the income he earns in the UK in accordance with HMRC tax policy.

As for his house, yes he pays council tax, and also about £2m in stamp duty. Enough tax for you?

But if you believe he doesn’t pay enough tax to the UK, then I suggest you take it up with HMRC.

Friedrich Nietzsche

OFFS!

I don't think 'what most people expect' is relevent to his tax payment in the UK - or even how much tax he pays overseas. What is relevent to his UK tax is that he pays what he should do, i.e. that he is not guilty of tax evasion.

No doubt the IR receives what his accountants deem is the correct amount of tax due (I doubt he does his own tax returns).

R

Ok....so give the guy a Knighthood. Who really cares anyway? It will do wonders for confirming the anti-racist establishment, and make a few feel really good about themselves.
    It won't be the first time (and it won't be the last) that a dickhead gets himself a Knighthood.
    Surely we can live with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    Ok....so give the guy a Knighthood. Who really cares anyway? It will do wonders for confirming the anti-racist establishment, and make a few feel really good about themselves.
    It won't be the first time (and it won't be the last) that a dickhead gets himself a Knighthood.

Finally. I actually can respect people who can admit they simply just don’t like someone. Much better than those who try to fabricate reasons, or simply regurgitate untruths/tropes created by others, in an attempt to justify their irrational dislike.

In other news Lewis, took yet another pole today in Bahrain, blowing Bottas and Max into the weeds and breaking the lap record in the process, but fear not. It was the car what done it.

Friedrich Nietzsche

In other news Lewis, took yet another pole today in Bahrain, blowing Bottas and Max into the weeds and breaking the lap record in the process, but fear not. It was the car what done it.
    It was,

If it wasn’t all of the other cars would be closer and the bloke who drove Hamilton’s car faster than Hamilton wouldn’t be near the back
    Last edited by adrianw; 28th November 2020 at 23:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    Please explain why you believe he's a 'dickhead.' I'm not advocating that he's God-like and I accept that you don't have to know someone to believe they're a dickhead - Donald Trump anyone? I'm just genuinely interested in some reasoning rather than name calling.

Who are these “most people” you are referring to?

Do you mean people who are to lazy to do a bit of home work or like to assume he doesn’t pay enough tax, I.el lazy ignorant bigots? However just for clarity he pays tax on the income he earns in the UK in accordance with HMRC tax policy.

As for his house, yes he pays council tax, and also about £2m in stamp duty. Enough tax for you?

But if you believe he doesn’t pay enough tax to the UK, then I suggest you take it up with HMRC.
    You said earlier he is employed by ####, a British registered company hence he pays tax on what they pay him. That is just not true.

Yes, he pays twice as much council tax as me, well done him. Stamp duty is that, not a tax.

He may well pay what is due in the UK so nothing to take up with HMRC.

Doesn't alter the fact that he avoids UK tax by living abroad.

IMO his worst offence is politicising his image: ’Is it because I’m black’; the dreadlocks; the BLM shirt when the others wore ‘End Racism’... he’s a white-mum boy from the home counties ffs not a street kid from south central Los Angeles.

Add in the trying too hard to be cool: ‘XNDA’ rapper vocals on a Christina Aguilera record; the crazy clothes such as the pink suit; the Pussycat Doll girlfriend or whatever she was; the diamond earrings and the Mr T gold chains... Jesus!

Said to be a lovely bloke, certainly a great driver - but unquestionably weapons-grade.
    Last edited by GraniteQuarry; 29th November 2020 at 00:55. Reason: Tidying

Double post - fat fingers.

You said earlier he is employed by ####, a British registered company hence he pays tax on what they pay him. That is just not true.

Yes, he pays twice as much council tax as me, well done him. Stamp duty is that, not a tax.

He may well pay what is due in the UK so nothing to take up with HMRC.

Doesn't alter the fact that he avoids UK tax by living abroad.
    Wow, like a dog with a bone. To qualify to pay income tax in the UK you have to be resident in the UK for greater than 183 days. Now given that during a typical F1 season is about 20-22 races, in locations which stretch from Australia to Brazil to Russia to Germany to Japan do you think he can spend 183 days (6 months) in any one location?

That said, the HMRC is quite clear in that you must pay tax on monies he earns whilst working in the UK including the salary he receives from Mercedes.

Oh yes, stamp Duty is a tax, it just a purchase tax on houses. Don’t buy a house you don’t pay it. Simples.
    Last edited by Andyg; 28th November 2020 at 22:52.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Hamilton deserves a knighthood or....................

Wow, like a dog with a bone. To qualify to pay income tax in the UK you have to be resident in the UK for greater than 183 days. Now given that during a typical F1 season is about 20-22 races, in locations which stretch from Australia to Brazil to Russia to Germany to Japan do you think he can spend 183 days (6 months) in any one location?

That said, the HMRC is quite clear in that you must pay tax on monies he earns whilst working in the UK including the salary he receives from Mercedes.

Oh yes, stamp Duty is a tax, it just a purchase tax on houses. Don’t buy a house you don’t pay it. Simples.
    And you are like a dog with a boner where Hamilton’s concerned.

Originally you said he pays tax on money from Mercedes because they’re a British company. Now it’s on the money he earns in the UK. Making it up on the hoof.
    Last edited by Kingstepper; 28th November 2020 at 23:12.

90 days, not 183.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    90 days, not 183.
    Not quite.

https://www.gov.uk/tax-foreign-incom...e%20tax%20year

Craftsman

Hamilton deserves a knighthood or....................

Anti Hamilton brigade looking for anything to cling onto.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by optix; 29th November 2020 at 08:46.

Another horrible thread that should really be in the bear pit.

Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    Another horrible thread that should really be in the bear pit.
    Yes...it's terrible isn't it?
    Whatever you do....don't look into that bear pit...there are awful threads in there with people who don't get offended at even the slightest thing...imagine that?

Master
    Having not followed F1 for years I didn't realize he was actually such a good driver. He seems to donate a fair bit to charities, is a vegan (dubious tick in the pro column but meh) and is about to flog off his collection of cars in favour of going all electric. He may avoid tax but that's a drop in the ocean compared to the big companies such as Amazon, Starbucks, etc's avoidance.
    On the whole I say give him the honour, it's not often the crowing Gammon filled UK has much to actually crow about other than past glories so a world class sportsman being pilloried like he is, is baffling to me.

Blog Entries
    Looks very much like Boris Johnson thinks he does deserve a knighthood.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    Having not followed F1 for years I didn't realize he was actually such a good driver. He seems to donate a fair bit to charities, is a vegan (dubious tick in the pro column but meh) and is about to flog off his collection of cars in favour of going all electric. He may avoid tax but that's a drop in the ocean compared to the big companies such as Amazon, Starbucks, etc's avoidance.
    On the whole I say give him the honour, it's not often the crowing Gammon filled UK has much to actually crow about other than past glories so a world class sportsman being pilloried like he is, is baffling to me.

He is an excellent driver, winning 15 out of 20 races (beating Vettel in the process) in his second F3 season, then winning his Rookie GP2 season (beating Timo Glock and Nelson Piquet Jr), before being 2nd in his Rookie F1 season and then winning the WDC in his second.

All this before he stepped into a Mercedes.

So it’s not just the car.

Friedrich Nietzsche