closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Japanese watch suggestions please

Craftsman

Japanese watch suggestions please

Hi all,
    I’m looking for a new watch at the moment.
    Nothing expensive, just something different maybe? It’s hard to explain what I want to tell the truth but I’ll have a go...
    My favourite watch I’ve owned so far, and the only one I’ll never sell is my Orient Saturation Diver with the black face.
    One day when I find one I’ll partner it with a white face version as I do like Japanese things for some reason and do like large but well proportioned watch.
    But atm I’m thinking of something, Japanese, slim, quartz, divers style with ‘something about it’
    Budget wise, not too sure, maybe £200’ish but could go higher for something I really like and would want to keep long term.
    This may be totally unrealistic though, please don’t feel shy to let me know if I’m dreaming!
    I don’t mind something with patina and don’t know what year or age would be best but I was born in 1969 if they go back that far?
    As you’ve probably gathered, I don’t have a clue and don’t know if any of the above makes sense! I’m no watch expert and don’t really know where to start looking.
    Thanks in advance,
    Rob
    Last edited by barbusg60; 1st November 2020 at 20:21.

Quote Originally Posted by barbusg60 View Post
    Hi all,
    I’m looking for a new watch at the moment.
    Nothing expensive, just something different maybe? It’s hard to explain what I want to tell the truth but I’ll have a go...
    My favourite watch I’ve owned so far, and the only one I’ll never sell is my Orient Saturation Diver with the black face.
    One day when I find one I’ll partner it with a white face version as I do like Japanese things for some reason and do like large but well proportioned watch.
    But atm I’m thinking of something, Japanese, slim, quartz, divers style with ‘something about it’
    Budget wise, not too sure, maybe £200’ish but could go higher for something I really like and would want to keep long term.
    This may be totally unrealistic though, please don’t feel shy to let me know if I’m dreaming!
    I don’t mind something with patina and don’t know what year or age would be best but I was born in 1969 if they go back that far?
    As you’ve probably gathered, I don’t have a clue and don’t know if any of the above makes sense! I’m no watch expert and don’t really know where to start looking.
    Thanks in advance,
    Rob

A budget makes this more interesting - the tricky bit is the "thin"!

Master
    7a28-7040
    Quartz, divers style (but chrono), interesting, reasonably slim.
    200 quid, no :-( unless you are very lucky.

There’s a seiko 7546 on sales corner right now at £225. Japanese, slim, vintage quartz...

Or if you want something new but vintage looking:

https://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/01176...t-Mens-Watch/p
    Last edited by Alansmithee; 1st November 2020 at 21:41.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by j4ckal View Post
    7a28-7040
    Quartz, divers style (but chrono), interesting, reasonably slim.
    200 quid, no :-( unless you are very lucky.
    That is definitely worth investigating, thank you for the idea.
    I’ve had one of the Bulova moo watches which didn’t quite do it for me but the Seiko one looks very nice.
    Thanks for the input,
    Rob

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by barbusg60 View Post
    That is definitely worth investigating, thank you for the idea.
    I’ve had one of the Bulova moo watches which didn’t quite do it for me but the Seiko one looks very nice.
    Thanks for the input,
    Rob
    If you are going down this route the 7a38 and 7a48 movement watches that look similar to this typically are a little bit cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    There’s a seiko 7546 on sales corner right now at £225. Japanese, slim, vintage quartz...
    I’ve just had a look and sent the seller some questions, cheers.
    Possibly a bit small as I’ve 7.75” flat wrists but it does look quite nice.
    Cheers,
    Rob