closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Wellie Boots

Wellie Boots

In the market for some new ones as my Muck Boots have recently split and not sure this second pair were up to standard tbh.

Any recommendations. Needed for shooting, dog walks etc

Master
    My Mrs spends half her life in wellies, and has been through the lot. Most have caused some kind of problem, or haven’t lasted or were just plain uncomfortable..

That was until she found these..

https://www.lechameau.com/gb/

I've settled on Le Chameau too, usually the leather lined zip ones. I spend a few hours every day in them, and they're by far the comfiest.

Wellies

Jase,

Living in the sticks, I also have gone through several brands of Welles over time, the best I have found for comfort, quality and VFM are the Aigle Parcours.
    LeChameau were probably ultimately the comfiest, but after a couple of years, they split at the heel and leaked for me even after a couple of repair attempts.
    I Also have a pair of Leather Dubarry welly-style boots that I’ve had about 10yrs now and they are still going strong.

Andy

I went through this recently as my muck boots' soles were worn slick.

I got myself some Aigle Parcours 2 medium boots and despite the notable faux-pas of not asking here first, I am really pleased with them. Very decent grip, and extremely comfortable
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Blog Entries
    Last 2 or 3 pairs were Muck Boots. Last time I couldn't get the version I wanted anywhere local so ended up with a pair of Aigle, although not sure of the style. They seem pretty comfortable walking and standing around.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Another vote for aigle had mine a couple of years now used most days for dog walking far and away the most comfortable wellies I’ve had

Craftsman
    Agile gets my vote. (The neoprene ones are great in mid Winter)

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Percussion - another French brand are getting good reviews.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Solognac by Decathlon. I have two pairs, with and without zip. Easily as good as my old Aigle and less than half the price. I wouldn't consider anything else.

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

These are not only the most comfortable pair of wellies that I have ever owned but they are also arguably some of the most comfortable footwear that I’ve ever worn:

https://www.gumleaf.com/collections/...xon-wellington

They are a UK company and the boots themselves are manufactured in Europe.

Master
    Having sold most of the brands over the years, and worn the rest, the Aigle ISO 2 (neoprene lined) are in my opinion the ultimate welly boot.

Wear wellies most days for dog walks across quite muddy terrain & hilly.

Muck-boots & muddies (very similar) wore out quickly & grip was poor. Warm, but, very overpriced IMO. I'm not hard on footwear; uppers cracked & soles wore smooth in no time. I did get a 2nd pair of muddies under warranty, however, the 2 pairs together only lasted 18months.

Hunters lasted well, very little support & freezing cold in the winter.

Dunlop with a neoprene sock, best, value by far; durable, cheap & warm.

Aigle ISO2, bought last year on a black Friday deal. Outstanding, would buy again at full price, worth every penny

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

Many thanks for all the replies. Off to try some Aigle ISO2 it is then. I think Ernest Doe sell them if I recall.

Master
    Blog Entries
    For just mucking about on walks etc these are awesome https://www.screwfix.com/p/dunlop-sa...n-size-8/48550

Cheap as chips and I've worn mine on loads of big walks and proper muddy festivals. you can't get a better grip. Had them years and still going strong. Will buy again in a heart beat.
    Last edited by sprite1275; 1st November 2020 at 20:59.

My 10 year old Aigle Parcours have served me very well.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Journeyman
    I had the Buckler Buckbootz for work which I'd highly recommend. Pretty sure you can get them without the steel toes!

Quote Originally Posted by Hocuspocus View Post
    Solognac by Decathlon. I have two pairs, with and without zip. Easily as good as my old Aigle and less than half the price. I wouldn't consider anything else.

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app
    A more realistic price range for wellies than £300+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    My Mrs spends half her life in wellies, and has been through the lot. Most have caused some kind of problem, or haven’t lasted or were just plain uncomfortable..

That was until she found these..

https://www.lechameau.com/gb/
    Another vote here. I switched from Hunters a few years ago as the quality just isnt there anymore.
    I wear mine for shooting, beating and dog walks. I have the neoprene ones with zips and they are fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by andyb28 View Post
    Another vote here. I switched from Hunters a few years ago as the quality just isnt there anymore.
    I wear mine for shooting, beating and dog walks. I have the neoprene ones with zips and they are fantastic.
    I have the neoprene ones but find them too warm on most days, so treated myself to the leather lined ones when they were on offer, I like them even more than the neoprene ones, which I’ve saved for odd really cold shoot day.

Do not buy hunters....we’ve gone through 3 x pairs between us in 6 months!

Got Aigle now and they are much better!

Master
    I’ve got the standard hunters very comfy but as others have said they seem to be cheaply made now and seem to perish in no time

Craftsman
    I always come back to muckboots, using them on soft surfaces (mud) wear isn’t an issue. Only downside I find is that they are quite heavy. I’d be interested to hear which of the alternatives you decide on.

I ended up with Le Chameau with neoprene lining.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...=1#post4192927

I'd think carefully about the lining bit - if I was standing around in a field waiting to shoot then I'd probably want them however for walking I've since discovered that I'd prefer unlined, both to keep the weight down and to stop my feet from overheating.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    For just mucking about on walks etc these are awesome https://www.screwfix.com/p/dunlop-sa...n-size-8/48550

Cheap as chips and I've worn mine on loads of big walks and proper muddy festivals. you can't get a better grip. Had them years and still going strong. Will buy again in a heart beat.
    In the same vein, I have just bought a pair of Blackrock Rigger boots for walking the dog and walking to the beach - I don't want full height wellies as I have to get them on one handed with the dog tugging at her lead! They are fur-lined, comfortable and appear very durable. Also cheap as chips.

If you need wellies, Dunlop Devons are great. I know guys that spend 12 hours a day working in them and wouldn't buy anything else - good socks is the key! Those and a boiler suit is the standard issue western isles working uniform.

If you have other requirements, then other types of shoe are probably better. Le Chameau-lite LXC boots are fantastic. If they aren't deep enough I'd prefer waders than wellies.

My lady dog walking friend swears by her Toggi boots. https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/1590044...-boot-15900441

They've got them in the local GO shop by Asda, along with Muck Boots and a couple of other brands, in the horsey section.

This is in the November issue of GW:

https://www.gardenersworld.com/produ...lington-boots/

Another vote for Le Chameau. Had mine nine years and the soles are still in great condition and they’re warm and comfy (Vierzornord version), Wear them shooting and dog walking and they still look great.