closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Recommend threadlocking Everest bracelet screws

Apprentice

Recommend threadlocking Everest bracelet screws

Last week I noticed one of the bracelet screws was coming undone, so I checked tightness of them all.

This morning the watch fell off - aargh.

Luckily I am quite a slovenly oik and tend to keep my hands in my pockets, which is where I eventually found the screw. (After half an hour of panicking and scanning the kitchen floor.)

PC

Master
    That’s a bit poor... did you adjust the bracelet yourself?

You need some Locktite 222

The only direct advice I could find on TZUK is this useful post from amcneill. It’s definitely been discussed a few times but I just can’t find the threads.
    Last edited by ach5; 31st October 2020 at 09:45. Reason: Hyperlinks updated per magirus advice below

Master
    PS how does one squeeze a hyperlink into a single linked word, in a post?

After a near miss a while ago (I guess the friction from the rubber strap gradually loosened the screw from the bar over a lengthy period of time) I got some Loctite 222 to cure the problem. I check them regularly and they've never budged.

F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    PS how does one squeeze a hyperlink into a single linked word, in a post?
    Highlight the word then use the tool from the middle line, the one on the left of the group of four below the A font colour selector tool, looks like a bike chain link with a globe on top. Paste the URL there, you can also do bold, italic, underline etc while it's selected.
    Last edited by magirus; 31st October 2020 at 09:40.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Highlight the word then use the tool from the middle line, the one on the left of the group of four below the A font colour selector tool, looks like a bike chain link with a globe on top. Paste the URL there, you can also do bold, italic etc while it's selected.
    Like this?

Locktite

EDIT: it worked! Brilliant, thanks! My post above now updated with links
    Last edited by ach5; 31st October 2020 at 09:44.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    That’s a bit poor... did you adjust the bracelet yourself?

You need some Locktite 222

The only direct advice I could find on TZUK is this useful post from amcneill. It’s definitely been discussed a few times but I just can’t find the threads.
    Good advice to apply the threadlock to the female bracelet thread rather than the pin/screw. Thanks.

PC

Well that's a coincidence! I noticed exactly the same issue on Thursday night: one of the screws in my Everest Expedition bracelet had worked loose. It was still in place but clearly required tightening and I decided there and then that a drop of the old thread lock was needed.

A little more checking and I found that the threads had stripped on two screws and on one link (they just kept turning without tightening). Luckily I have spare links and screws (and indeed a whole extra bracelet as my daughter wears hers on a strap) so I can make a whole good 'un out of the parts I have.

So I will be checking all my links and screws, using only the good ones and applying the old thread lock as well.

(NB when applying it just use a tiny amount on a cocktail stick to one part of the screw and it will work its way round as you turn it.)
    Last edited by Rev-O; 31st October 2020 at 11:18.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
    A little more checking and I found that the threads had stripped on two screws and on one link (they just kept turning without tightening). Luckily I have spare links and screws (and indeed a whole extra bracelet as my daughter wears hers on a strap) so I can make a whole good 'un out of the parts I have.
    I'm glad the rollercoaster of 'luckily' vs 'unluckily' ended up with 'luckily' being the winner :)

PC

Master
    Locktite

Edit: apologies, thanks Magirus!
    Last edited by Ghost Chilli; 1st November 2020 at 21:39.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Highlight the word then use the tool from the middle line, the one on the left of the group of four below the A font colour selector tool, looks like a bike chain link with a globe on top. Paste the URL there, you can also do bold, italic, underline etc while it's selected.
    Thanks for that. I used to use the long-winded way but that's much better.