closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Pool/dining tables

Pool/dining tables

This is a amazing forum and it amazes me the wealth of knowledge. I seem to have convinced my wife that we should look at a new dining table for our conservatory and she hasn’t said ‘no’ to a combined pool/dining table!!

An example being this https://www.homeleisuredirect.com/po...ing-table.html

Does anyone have any experience buying and using one? Is it a compromise on both, i.e a poor pool table and a not so practical dining table?

The dining table would be only used when in-laws/friends come over as we have a breakfast bar for most meals.

Any help would be great

Master
    What would you do if you spill gravy and mash on the cloth or down the pocket?

Friends of ours did this 20 years ago after a similar conversation. I have never seen it set up as a dining table in all that time. Not once.

We had one in a previous house, can’t remember the make but yes it’s a compromise on both, unless you spend a lot. You also need more room than you think around the pool table.

The height of a pool table is higher than the normal dining table height. The dimensions are also different. Typically wider than a normal dinner table.

Plus you have the table ball return hanging down which can make it hard to sit at. We had ours for 3 years and was fun but more as a pool table and as a dinner table it was a big compromise. Ours had a mechanical mechanism to raise the height from dining to pool.

The quality of the frame and the slate is important for the table, also it’s very heavy and hard to move. Our dining table took off in sections, but a simple spillage could ruin the baise

Craftsman
    I’ve had one for about 12 years now, bought it from Bristol Pool and Snooker. I bought the 7x4 oak Bilijardai make, it’s spot on but spends most of its life as a dining table these days.
    The issue is if it’s a fixed height it’s in between pool table and dining table height but just a little high as a dining table. It’s fine though.
    Last edited by DiXoN; 30th October 2020 at 22:51.

Thanks all for the responses. I've got an appointment with a local company to go and have a look. The price spread is massive but i guess you get what you pay for!

The spillage issue could make for a interesting game of crazy pool, but a table cloth would probably be the best idea!

Journeyman
    We have a fusion table which you cannot tell is a pool table when the tops are on as the proportions are very slim and the pockets are hidden from sight when not in use. The legs are telescopic and the table adjusts to height between dining and pool. Very well designed but only comes in one size 2300 x 1340