closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Spinnaker watches

Master

Spinnaker watches

I came across these recently, good looking watches, especially the Dumas and the Bradner. Seiko workings, display back, decent size, good price - what's not to like?

https://www.spinnaker-watches.com/

Anyone got one or got any experience of them? Quite tempted to get one.

They look pretty good in their ads, but someone here posted that they had had a couple and they felt quite cheap when you handle them.

All I can contribute, did you do a search?

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    They sell them on Ideal World sometimes but there again they sometimes have Traser too.

Master
    I've had a couple, they're quite decent for the price. Never pay full rrp though as there's always discounts available.

I've had a Spinnaker Cahill for about a year and consider it an absolute bargain - the NH35 movement is about as basic as it gets, but the upside to that is that it's cheap enough to bin-and-replace when it needs servicing. The rest of it - fit, finish and detailing is really good: you can pay a lot more and not get any better.

They have a serious clear-out for "black Friday" every year, with big discounts, so were it me I'd wait until then.

Not my pic:

Lume's decent, too -

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    I've had a Spinnaker Cahill for about a year and consider it an absolute bargain - the NH35 movement is about as basic as it gets, but the upside to that is that it's cheap enough to bin-and-replace when it needs servicing. The rest of it - fit, finish and detailing is really good: you can pay a lot more and not get any better.

They have a serious clear-out for "black Friday" every year, with big discounts, so were it me I'd wait until then.

Not my pic:

Lume's decent, too -

How’s the lume on the hands, looks a bit lacking? Nice watch though.

I have one, sub £200, Everyrhing you said is true, good value, solid, nicely presented in a good box but yes lacking a certain something. I think the dial looks a bit cheap and the "spinnaker" logo looks a bit Airfix.

Those pics look great, but a well lit macro shot can make most watches look good, mine certainly is quite bland in the flesh. The strap isn't great, and I replaced the original springbars after the strap detached itself from the watch catching a supermarket shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Chilli View Post
    How’s the lume on the hands, looks a bit lacking? Nice watch though.
    Not as bright / longer-lasting, usual tradeoff really.

Having perused their site, I have learned that it is very difficult to design a good looking watch. One day, Spinnaker may achieve it.

was interested in their "SWISS" bronze

Master
    I have the Hull California dial - which I got for an insanely cheap price from 'Time by me' they regularly do 15% discounts. Just checked their site and the prices now seem more in line with the RRP so that ship may have sailed.
    Overall quality is great for what I paid for it and on par for the RRP, the dial on my hull is one of the more interesting I've come across, movement is good and keeps time well enough for me not to notice any deviation (I've not timed it).
    I keep looking at the Fleuss 'BP FF homage' as I love the style and sapphire bezel but rrp - even less 15% is more than I want ot pay when I know they do deeper discounts.

I did find the original leather strap to be very stiff and caused the watch not to settle on the wrist, also the colour wasn't to my liking - replacement with a very cheap darker strap has improved the fit and look greatly but i'm still on the lookout for a better strap...

Some pics for interest...