closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watchmaster London Shop?

Journeyman

Watchmaster London Shop?

Hi all,
    Random question, but has anyone visited Watchmaster's London shop? I'm keen on an explorer that they have, but have never bought from them, either online or in person.

thanks
    Last edited by warhog; 18th February 2022 at 13:05.

Journeyman
    Are they the online German company? I bought from them a few years ago but didn't realise they now had a shop. Great to hear anyone's experience on this!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by wangas View Post
    Are they the online German company? I bought from them a few years ago but didn't realise they now had a shop. Great to hear anyone's experience on this!

That's the one. I went in on Friday. seemed like a decent setup, though very low profile. They say that they'll recalibrate watches, etc before handing it over and provide 2 Yr warranty. but I'd be tempted to get the watch serviced if it's a bit older.

Will report back if I do end up buying with them.

Quote Originally Posted by warhog View Post
    That's the one. I went in on Friday. seemed like a decent setup, though very low profile. They say that they'll recalibrate watches, etc before handing it over and provide 2 Yr warranty. but I'd be tempted to get the watch serviced if it's a bit older.

Will report back if I do end up buying with them.
    Are they the company with a store around Farringdon?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Are they the company with a store around Farringdon?
    Yep, at least their showroom is in Farringdon.Think that they keep their UK stock there.

Journeyman
    I was having a look at their website and they now mark watch location as Germany or UK which is helpful (given they lost the UK market post brexit if fulfilling from Germany). Somewhat annoyingly, price for the same watch in the UK is 10% higher - atleast for rolex anyway...

Journeyman
    Just bought an Explorer II from them.

They are helpful and responsive via email, provided a 2 yr warranty and serviced the watch beforehand via their own service centre. Honestly, it looked in great shape. I was hesitant given some iffy Trustpilot reviews, but these are mostly from people selling with them. Throughout the process I found no reason to doubt them so worth paying a visit if you'd like to see a couple of watches in person in London.

If you order online for delivery, you'll also get the 14 Day distance selling return option.

The watch i bought was for sale on consignment and the seller accepted my offer that was just under 10% discount.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by wangas View Post
    I was having a look at their website and they now mark watch location as Germany or UK which is helpful (given they lost the UK market post brexit if fulfilling from Germany). Somewhat annoyingly, price for the same watch in the UK is 10% higher - atleast for rolex anyway...

I've noticed the same, watches in Germany do seem to be cheaper but the ones in France seem to be similar priced to UK.

I've seen a lovely AP 15300ST on their site, debating whether to make them an offer.

I wonder if any other major online European dealers will set up a similar operation in UK following on from Brexit

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by 25807st View Post
    I've noticed the same, watches in Germany do seem to be cheaper but the ones in France seem to be similar priced to UK.

I've seen a lovely AP 15300ST on their site, debating whether to make them an offer.

I wonder if any other major online European dealers will set up a similar operation in UK following on from Brexit
    Definitely make an offer - no harm trying. From my previous experience they had a little bit of leeway on the price but who knows in this current market...

I've bought from Watchmaster once, via its website, and found it extremely good. My purchase was a Bremont Codebreaker in rose gold.

Just bought an Explorer II from them.

They are helpful and responsive via email, provided a 2 yr warranty and serviced the watch beforehand via their own service centre. Honestly, it looked in great shape. I was hesitant given some iffy Trustpilot reviews, but these are mostly from people selling with them. Throughout the process I found no reason to doubt them so worth paying a visit if you'd like to see a couple of watches in person in London.

If you order online for delivery, you'll also get the 14 Day distance selling return option.

The watch i bought was for sale on consignment and the seller accepted my offer that was just under 10% discount.
    Sorry to jump in here. How do you make them an offer? I can’t see the option on the watch pages. Is it a case of just emailing them or am I missing something? Seen something I like on there :)

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by haberdashery View Post
    Sorry to jump in here. How do you make them an offer? I can’t see the option on the watch pages. Is it a case of just emailing them or am I missing something? Seen something I like on there :)
    sorry for delayed reply.

I did it in person, but I'm sure you could do it either via phone or email.

sorry for delayed reply.

I did it in person, but I'm sure you could do it either via phone or email.
    Thanks, will give it a go!