closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sending a watch back to Spain.

Master

Sending a watch back to Spain.

Looking to send a watch back to Spain and want it tracked and insured for £525. Long story short, won a watch from eBay but wasn't as described. Seller admits to this so now looking at how I can send it back fully insured and tracked. Had a look on Royal Mail which I usually use but the insurance is only up to £250 (unless I'm getting it wrong). Any advice as I need to be able to prove it was returned to the seller and fully insured in case it goes missing.

Thanks all, Toddy.

Dhl ?

Toddy if you paid with Paypal make sure to check their return postage refund option on your payment statement, ive used this a few times and always received 100% credit
    Keith

Master
    Thanks Marios but going by their website it's going to cost me £45 to send it. Was hoping on something a bit cheaper.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by huytonman View Post
    Toddy if you paid with Paypal make sure to check their return postage refund option on your payment statement, ive used this a few times and always received 100% credit
    Keith
    Thanks Keith, did pay with PayPal so will take a look. Is this something separate from the eBay returns process?

Royal Mail International Signed For (I think it’s called) declared zero value with Secursus insurance on the side at declared full value - will cost about £20 all-in.

Blog Entries
    You can buy separate insurance at 0.6% of the value - shouldn’t cost a lot

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...yone-used-them

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    If it is a return due to it being not as described then the seller is liable for the return cost of shipping.

Craftsman
    When an item is not as described the seller has to cover return postage. If they refuse eBay will step in and issue a returns label and charge them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by vortex89 View Post
    When an item is not as described the seller has to cover return postage. If they refuse eBay will step in and issue a returns label and charge them.
    Thanks all, will wait to see what eBay states.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Thanks all, will wait to see what eBay states.
    Have you actually raised a claim through eBay (or through PayPal) for SNAD? Or has it just been agreed between you and the seller that you could return it?

If the former, then once you win the case, the seller will need to provide for return postage (as others have said). If it's the latter, then you need to get a claim raised asap.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    Have you actually raised a claim through eBay (or through PayPal) for SNAD? Or has it just been agreed between you and the seller that you could return it?

If the former, then once you win the case, the seller will need to provide for return postage (as others have said). If it's the latter, then you need to get a claim raised asap.
    Don’t doubt you’re correct and it’s the seller’s problem but how might I provide for return postage from Spain (for example)?

Master
    Blog Entries
    I’ve used Royal Mail international tracked insured before,just pay extra for additional insurance.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzodog View Post
    I’ve used Royal Mail international tracked insured before,just pay extra for additional insurance.
    Only covers to £250 as OP is aware. Other insurance available

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Don’t doubt you’re correct and it’s the seller’s problem but how might I provide for return postage from Spain (for example)?
    EBay terms:
    If the seller wants you to return it using an eBay return label or a label from a particular carrier then they will have to purchase and pay for that themselves. The link to print the label is then sent to the buyer.
    It sounds to me like the OP hasn’t gone through a dispute and has come to an agreement separately. As mentioned I would strongly suggest he open a dispute in order to go through the correct procedure that means this label is produced for him. It will also mean that his refund will happen the moment that tracking indicates the return parcel has been delivered rather than the possibility of the seller delaying or ‘forgetting’ to provide the refund.
    “If the seller is paying for return postage

When you're sending an item back to the seller, there are a few methods you can use to post it back. If the seller is responsible for the return postage costs, they'll let you know how they want the item to be sent back to them. Generally, they'll ask you to send the item back using one of the following:

• An eBay return postage label – Learn how to print an eBay return postage label
    • A label from their preferred carrier – If the seller provides you with a postage label, they'll send it to you directly, and you can print it from the "Your postage label is ready" email or message that you'll receive in Messages

The seller may also contact you to make other arrangements such as returning the item to their store or reimbursing you for return postage.”

Master
    Thanks for all the info, I've actually listed it for sale on here as it would make things a lot easier. If it doesn't sell soon I'll pursue the return or just re-list it on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    EBay terms:
    If the seller wants you to return it using an eBay return label or a label from a particular carrier then they will have to purchase and pay for that themselves. The link to print the label is then sent to the buyer.
    It sounds to me like the OP hasn’t gone through a dispute and has come to an agreement separately. As mentioned I would strongly suggest he open a dispute in order to go through the correct procedure that means this label is produced for him. It will also mean that his refund will happen the moment that tracking indicates the return parcel has been delivered rather than the possibility of the seller delaying or ‘forgetting’ to provide the refund.
    “If the seller is paying for return postage

When you're sending an item back to the seller, there are a few methods you can use to post it back. If the seller is responsible for the return postage costs, they'll let you know how they want the item to be sent back to them. Generally, they'll ask you to send the item back using one of the following:

• An eBay return postage label – Learn how to print an eBay return postage label
    • A label from their preferred carrier – If the seller provides you with a postage label, they'll send it to you directly, and you can print it from the "Your postage label is ready" email or message that you'll receive in Messages

The seller may also contact you to make other arrangements such as returning the item to their store or reimbursing you for return postage.”

Might be their terms but practically not easy to procure a return label from another country with insurance and doubt the eBay return postage label would provide this.

Would be far easier if their Global Shipping Program could somehow be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Might be their terms but practically not easy to procure a return label from another country with insurance and doubt the eBay return postage label would provide this.

Would be far easier if their Global Shipping Program could somehow be used.
    Ah yes...forgot it was to Spain.
    If it’s abroad then it is a bit more awkward. You would have to get a quote from whoever you are using to ship the item back and then get the seller to send you the funds to cover it, or something similar.