closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Waterproof Jackets

Master

Waterproof Jackets

Sorry for yet another thread on this subject but my query is a little unusual I think.
    I started a new job today doing parcel delivery and I don’t think I could have picked a worse day to start in terms of raining.
    I wore my Barbour waxed jacket which kept me dry enough but I really can’t say the same for the interior of the car. It was soaked.
    So is there a jacket that can absorb the water but have an inner lining that will keep the water away from me?

Cheers.

Ivor.

Master
    Waterproof seat covers may help

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

Agree with the previous statement. You can get waterproof seat covers that are hot that expensive and would be your best bet. Golf waterproofs are also a really good option as they usually have a coating that ‘wicks’ the water away from the coat so it doesn’t get absorbed.

Craftsman
    Not sure the purpose of a waterproof jacket will ever be to absorb water, sure the above suggestions will be of better assistance.

Would a hunting / shooting coat work?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Country-Wat.../dp/B07D1BSRFV
    They tend to have a tweed / wool outer with a Gortex or similar inner to keep you dry.

I can't think of any coat that wouldn't leech water to the exterior to some extent.

I have a Jack Wolfskin coat made from their Texapore Ecosphere. It's a softer feel fabric and absorbs more than a GTX coat does. That might work, but it's still going to leave some moisture on the seat.

The only other solution is take it off each time you get back in.

Master

Waterproof Jackets

Quote Originally Posted by bloater View Post
    Waterproof seat covers may help

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk
    The seats are leather (well artico to be precise) so I guess they would be doing the same sort of job as waterproof seat covers would.

[ QUOTE=Chinese_Alan;5569981]Not sure the purpose of a waterproof jacket will ever be to absorb water, sure the above suggestions will be of better assistance.[/QUOTE]
    Maybe waterproof wasn’t the correct term. It’s just that with my waxed jacket the water was dripping all over the armrest as well as over the seats, literally everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I can't think of any coat that wouldn't leech water to the exterior to some extent.

I have a Jack Wolfskin coat made from their Texapore Ecosphere. It's a softer feel fabric and absorbs more than a GTX coat does. That might work, but it's still going to leave some moisture on the seat.

The only other solution is take it off each time you get back in.
    I don’t mind the seats getting a bit wet, I know it’s unavoidable, but I was just hoping there was a type of coat out there that would absorb it as opposed to repel it like my waxed coat is doing.
    Taking it off really isn’t an option. When I get up to speed I’ll be doing about 200 parcels a day.
    Last edited by jaytip; 28th October 2020 at 18:25.

How about using a couple of seat coloured towels. One for seat base and other over back rest. You might need to pop in a couple of holes which would allow head rest to be in place.

Towels can easily be washed or put away.

My kids are droolers when sleeping in car seats and therefore have towels in place. I have washed the seat covers before and putting back after washing is a nightmare. The towels are do much easier to wash and therefore view as more hygienic.

Craftsman
    I'm guessing the closest you might get is a ventile coat where the fibres swell as they get wet. I think I'd be tempted to use the other suggestions such as waterproof seat covers or towels

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Umbrella when delivering parcels that don't need two hands?

Towel on the seat?

Craftsman
    How about a softshell type jacket?

Master
    A goretex jacket and regularly treat it with water repellent, the water shouldn't stay on it and should just run off

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gingerboy View Post
    A goretex jacket and regularly treat it with water repellent, the water shouldn't stay on it and should just run off
    This plus the towels should do the trick. The jacket should repel most of the water, so minimal when you get in the car. If there is any, then the towel will absorb and "hold" it.

At the end of shift, remove towels and wash and or dry them. All good 👍

p.s. the problem with waterproof car seat covers, it that water simply runs off them and will usually collect at the base of the seat back and may even eventually soak into your seat.

Blog Entries
    Get a decent seat cover. Or ruin the 'leather'.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.