closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Advice re Seiko pricing.

Master

Advice re Seiko pricing.

I’m after some input if I may. I’ve had a Seiko 4205 - 0150 packed away for over 25 years that has resurfaced after moving house recently (sounds like the start of a dodgy eBay listing )

I remember wearing the watch as a 16 year old for a few months and then leaving it at home for some reason when I went off to join the army. Then somewhere along the line getting a tag formula 1 which I wore before moving on to other things.

Disappointingly the box and papers have gone AWOL, probably binned by the step mother! Everything else is original and in remarkably good condition. There are a few minor marks on the bezel and crystal which I struggle to see. There are some more significant swirlies on the back but nothing deep. Unfortunately there is a small chip out of the 5 o’clock lug as per the photo...I have no idea how that happened! The dial and hands are immaculate though.

At about 37mm it is just too small for me and I have my dad’s old Seiko diver that I’d wear instead of it. I do think that it is too nice to not get worn and I know a lot on here prefer sub 40mm watches, so I’d like to put it up for trade to the forum. Therefore I need a trade price.

Now the difficult part. I quick google shows that these can go for as little as 100-125, but they appear to mostly be battered and with replacement parts. I’ve seen a few just over 200 but there are a few similar models (like the 4205 - 0155) which I can’t tell apart. Minus the lug chip I doubt there is a better example out there. Also a service has to be taken into account so I was thinking along the 160 region? Hopefully I’m not way off. It seems the Seiko price hike hasn’t reached these models as yet!

All advice appreciated.

Oh, a quick check puts this as a December 1989 watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I find the best price to find the price of a Seiko is the Argos catalog.

Sorry, as you were...

Master
    Good shout 🙄