closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Naked Wine, anyone used it/member?

Naked Wine, anyone used it/member?

As per title really, I have been given a £75 voucher off a box of 12 mixed, red, white or luxury wines, essentially I would have to pay £40’ish for the box which seems good value.

Just wondered if anyone here uses the website?

https://www.nakedwines.com

Master
    Used to use them for years (was an Angel) and the idea is laudable.
    Just seemed to be expensive (although a one off box you are offered is OK)

Trustpilot reviews are a bit mixed.
    https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/nakedwines.com?page=2

From what I read, it seems like a decent idea, but they let themselves down with their administration and lack of clarity regarding the selling method, ie 'angel' subscription rather than order when you want.

Craftsman
    I just rejoined them a month or two back to get a crate of red. Happy enough so far, bottles seem around £8-15 range. SWMBO had a fair few crates in the past that were decent too. Tried another service beginning with V and didn't like their bottles at all.

I didn't find the subscription particularly misleading, they take £20 off you each month towards the next crate and if you change your mind then you can get the cash back at any time.

Master
    Used them early doors but they seemed to lose their way a bit and I'm now very happy with BB&R and The Wine Society.

My partner and I use them and have been Angels (members) for the last two and a bit years. We let the £20 monthly subscription build up then spend a bit of time ordering a mixed case of reds that we know and love and some new discoveries. We have laid down a couple of cases since becoming members for special occasions and we enjoy the reading/ordering/reviewing process. We went to an Angel gathering in London in 2019 and it was good fun to meet the suppliers, particularly Peter ‘Juicy’ Gajewski, but we probably won’t go again because it was mostly attended by loud, boozy twats.

Ive used them. Got a voucher from ‘Devonian’ and got a mixed case. Got to say they were all really good and gave me the option to try something outside of my normal tastes. Definitely worth giving it a go.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    I’ve been an Angel for years....always found them an excellent company to order from. I’ve had many a superb wine from them and have become a regular drinker of several of their wine producers. I just let the £20 or so month build up and then order a box every now and then.
    I would be quite happy to recommend them.

^^ That's what I do.

We've had some decent wine through them that a) you don't see anywhere else, and b) from some countries that we historically wouldn't normally have touched with a bargepole, but which have all been more than just drinkable.

Seem good to me

Master
    I was an angel for a while. I was always happy with the wine even when I took a gamble on a mixed, mystery case. I stopped using them as their subscription model didn't work for me. I tend to go through stages of buying lots of wine that I find interesting when browsing in local supermarkets or wine shops, drinking wine regularly, build up a supply and then suddenly cut back on drinking. At the moment I'm all about Beaujolais. I'm planning major drinking cutback in November and December, probably followed by a Christmas splurge. I joined the Wine Society this year and that seems to suit my wine buying habits better. TLDR, liked Naked, just didn't work for me.

Craftsman
    I’ve got a feeling that they have got too big to sustain their original USP of low volume wines from small producers. And their takeover of Majestic didn’t do either party any favours . I believe they have now gone their separate ways?
    I’ve had several decent wines of theirs but imho they’re a long way behind the Wine Society both in terms of range and price.

Nah, just join the wine society.

I have also been an Angel for quite a few years and buy around the £10/12 mark. I also like their Spanish Gin too!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Been a member 3 years now, I put £20 a month in top up if need to when I buy a case. Works well for me no pressure just order when I want, they do have some decent wines you would be heard pressed to find in the Supermarket. We had two bottles of a white from Moldova of all places, it was superb.

Thanks for all the replies, I’ll give it some thought before going ahead as I’m not a big drinker but do like a glass of wine now and again, paying a monthly subscription might encourage me to drink more than I normally would!

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    Nah, just join the wine society.
    +1

Craftsman
    I've been with naked for the last 5 years and wine society for the last year. I put in £20 month with NW. I prefer the wines from NW. I think the non-angel prices are greatly exaggerated and even the angel prices are above average. Never the less the quality of the wines is very good indeed and I have my favourites that I order every year. I don't drink much so it'll be at most 2 cases a year. I sometimes even ask them to refund some money when there's too much sitting in the account. No problem getting refunds for corked wines and I even had the odd refund for a bottle that truly didn't agree with me. Joined wine society as a friend kept pestering me too. Didn't think there was anything special with the ones I ordered and even the house claret was pretty lackluster but it may be just the vintage as that was the one that my friend raves about most.

When you drive past Majestic, why not stop and go in. Until recently Naked and Majestic were the same.

They have bottles open to try and the staff are really really helpful.

Their wine isn't cheaper than the supermarkets, but I think the standard is higher. They store your order history so you can reorder ones you like and offer really good discounts on big orders of any one item.
    I bought 72 bottles of Lanson NV Black for my wedding, and paid £16.30/bottle delivered.

They have own-brand budget and own-brand midrange offerings. And they deliver free to your door.