closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Daughter's 18th

Master

Daughter's 18th

A friend is looking for a watch for his daughter's 18th birthday. It is what she wants.

She likes the look of the Datejust on an oyster bracelet, but isn't sure. Thinks it is a bit "old". Budget is £2 - £2.5k which is a stretch for a decent used Rolex.

She will be with her father to make the purchase. He asked me whether I could think of alternatives. I mentioned the Tudor Black Bay 32.

Any other suggestions welcome.

TIA

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

Have you considered the Tag Heuers with the diamond bezels. They look good and are good value for money preowned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cartier Tank quartz?

Should be lots of options at that budget and unless she specifically wants a mechanical watch, it’s probably unnecessary to use that as a criteria.

Having said that, may still be too old, but maybe old enough to be cool again??

Before I bought my GF an Apple Watch which she loves, her only liking for 'nice' watches was a Datejust but she never liked Rolex for the status symbol, but she did really like the Tudor Glamour - very similar to the datejust and in budget - they also have different variations

Master
    Thanks for the responses so far, which I will pass on. My friend is going to be making some calls tomorrow. Will see how he gets on.

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

My wife got a blingy diamond / Mother of Pearl dialled Breitling Colt last year for £2.5k new.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Omega do some nice constellations around 2k. As do longines, Tag Heuer. Other note able mentions to Chanel and Cartier. Tudor isn’t on the radar for the women I know.

Master
    Second / third the Cartier Tank suggestion, and consider also the slighter and (even) more feminine Panthere.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonewood View Post
    Have you considered the Tag Heuers with the diamond bezels. They look good and are good value for money preowned.
    And the replacement diamonds are cheap, https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1000...57736aafsA9RxK. I ordered 1mm, if I'm not right I can afford a few more goes.

My daughter, 22 at the time, took a liking to a white ceramic Tissot, which I bought her as a graduation gift.

I know a few more premium makes do similar style watches, if the cost is important.

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Craftsman
    I think as other mentioned a Cartier tank is a very good suggestion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk