closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Locked phones to become a thing of the past

Locked phones to become a thing of the past

Article on MSE advising the con of a locked mobile will soon be gone - giving much more freedom for sim deals, though I can also see the flip of handset prices increasing partly too

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ne...ocked--phones/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    About time. I’ve only ever bought iPhones directly from Apple so have never had to deal with the associated issues but to think it’s still a thing in 2020 is a bit of a joke.

Over a full year away and for many years after that all the used pre Dec 2021 will still have the same problem.

They should have done this long long ago

Master
    I'm with 3, originally for the free 3 to 3 calls - back when you had restricted minutes, but a side benefit is that they don't lock their phones to their network so switching to a different sim was no problem if i wanted.
    Current phone is on the apple upgrade program although I doubt I'll take advantage of it as my XS does what I want and I can divert the monthly payment into the watch fund, every little helps...

beauty of android phones esay to unlock and root for full control and de-bloat, not had a locked phone for 10 years.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinese_Alan View Post
    About time. I’ve only ever bought iPhones directly from Apple so have never had to deal with the associated issues but to think it’s still a thing in 2020 is a bit of a joke.
    +1!