closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Email program

Email program

So I use Outlook for work and am very used to it and it’s functionality

I have a couple of other email accounts for personal stuff and so far webmail and access from phone been fine

However I’ve now taken a voluntary role in an organisation and I want to keep all the emails separate for that and have set up a gmail account just for emails I send and receive in that role.

I would like a desktop pc program that works like Outlook to serve that email address. I’ve trialed Mailbird which is ok, but lacks some of the ease and functionality of Outlook. At the end of the trial period I have held back buying the software as it doesn’t quite hit the nail on the head for me

Anyone have any suggestions ..... thank you

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Have you looked at Mozilla Thunderbird? I’ve used it in the past and found the functionality and UI pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Have you looked at Mozilla Thunderbird? I’ve used it in the past and found the functionality and UI pretty good.
    Thanks Tony. Will take a look

Am I missing something? Why not just add the gmail account to Outlook as an additional account? I have 6 e-mail addresses within Outlook all with independent folder structures.

Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    Am I missing something? Why not just add the gmail account to Outlook as an additional account? I have 6 e-mail addresses within Outlook all with independent folder structures.
    That would mean it is on my work 365 server and I have a preference to keep it separate

https://www.emclient.com/

This ^^^^ is not that different from Outlook, the free version allows two email accounts, I've been running it for about two years with no problems.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

You can run multiple profiles in Outlook which you can use to separate from other accounts, I am presuming you are running the "full fat" version of Outlook.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    https://www.emclient.com/

This ^^^^ is not that different from Outlook, the free version allows two email accounts, I've been running it for about two years with no problems.
    Thanks - great recommendation. Took me all of 10 mins to download and syncs. Exactly what I am looking for as really good interface.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    That would mean it is on my work 365 server and I have a preference to keep it separate
    That's not the case. Your O365 mail account (or the local copy thereof) is kept in a .ost file in whichever location you specified when it was set up. When you add non-Outlook accounts such as Gmail the mail is kept in separate .pst files, again in whichever location you specify when setting them up. You have the choice whether or not to leave the mail on the mailsever or delete it when Outlook polls the mailserver.

I have one O365 account & four non-Office email accounts all with their own directory structure in the left-hand Outlook pane & all storing mail in separate local files & directories.